Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FS1 is better than ESPN+ UConn and the Big East belong together this will help Hurley on the recruiting trail when he can sell MSG
Wrong comparison. T1 games were to be on the ESPN family of net works, T3 games were to be on +.

FS1 and FS2 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU.

Reaction Score
The thing that makes zero sense about this is that UConn has expanded in ice hockey and tried to make moves to look more like a P5 school.

If you can't handle the football losses, then why are you investing in ice hockkey?

Also, Temple (freakin' Temple!) went from being a dreg in football, to hiring several good coaches and being good in football. Some of those coaches were available to UConn prior to signing on with Temple.

Temple is showing they are a much more serious P5 school than UConn--if this is true.

If UConn has given up because it believes it can't reproduce what Temple has done, then god help this school, because it has adopted a decidedly small time mentality.

IF TRUE, UCONN HAS BEEN OVERTAKEN BY TEMPLE!!!

Reaction Score
Conference realignment as we have just seen today - is exclusively a game played in the Presidential Club.
The KEY is you need to be invited. No one wants to split their pie unless you’re adding value. Our biggest sports were in the toilet when the realignments came about.

Reaction Score
The thing that makes zero sense about this is that UConn has expanded in ice hockey and tried to make moves to look more like a P5 school.

If you can't handle the football losses, then why are you investing in ice hockkey?

Also, Temple (freakin' Temple!) went from being a dreg in football, to hiring several good coaches and being good in football. Some of those coaches were available to UConn prior to signing on with Temple.

Temple is showing they are a much more serious P5 school than UConn--if this is true.

If UConn has given up because it believes it can't reproduce what Temple has done, then god help this school, because it has adopted a decidedly small time mentality.

IF TRUE, UCONN HAS BEEN OVERTAKEN BY TEMPLE!!!
or UConn is just trying to get ahead of the inevitable death of the AAC

Reaction Score
Dude, none of those options are good and you know it (and staying in the AAC is highly unlikely). If you can't understand why football fans are angry then I don't know what to tell you.
I understand why they're angry. I just think it's really really dumb and they're proving it more and more with every second

Reaction Score
I love that Boeheim is out there pumping up the move, and the conference. That miserable old fart hates being the ACC.

Sure he does, champ. Sure he does.

Question: If he hates it so much, why didn't he retire before Cuse played their first ACC game?

Reaction Score
What an insult to the fans. Small minded losers make small minded loser decisions. I’m done with UConn is they go that route.

Wrong. UCONN football never had a chance of competing in the AAC for football, not to mention no one really cares about college football in the northeast. Today is a great day for UCONN athletics.

Reaction Score
Conference realignment as we have just seen today - is exclusively a game played in the Presidential Club.
It’s like you cherry picked words in the original post. The prez is responsible for the whole school, not just sports.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
The last place team in the AAC this year would have been 3rd in the Big East. It's a big step down
I love Penders and hookc. I think with the new Stadium and some strong OOC scheduling we can be the power of the Big East. Be in the NCAA every year.

Reaction Score
what an odd tweet by edsall. keep it in-house for a bit?
Yeah the whole UConn to the Big East thing was quiet until Edsall's tweet, no idea why he did that

Reaction Score
Yeah the whole UConn to the Big East thing was quiet until Edsall's tweet, no idea why he did that
it was too vague, and really immature on Edsall's part.

Reaction Score
I love Penders and hookc. I think with the new Stadium and some strong OOC scheduling we can be the power of the Big East. Be in the NCAA every year.
Absolutely, just posted the same thing on the baseball board. Penders has turned UConn into a national brand and there's no reason we shouldn't be winning the Big East and in the postseason every year still

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Then she shouldn't have retired from this one. If this does happen it will be purely economic factors: new BE contract with Fox for more $ and reduced travel for Olympic sports (somewhat). I thought the new AAC/ESPN contract was for better money than what the NBE is getting currently?
With "friends" like ESPN who needs enemies. This should enhance our basketball cred big time and let the BB program lead the way back to rebuild the brand. In the financial state of CT (and thus Uconn) we need to stop the bleeding and move forward. Hard to see football and the AAC leading the way with that contract. Just the thought of not having to pay ESPN $5 a pop is a source of joy to me. They seem to think of us as there resident water boy.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm a football fan lol I'm just not gonna throw a hissy fit until I know what the deal is
Most of the original football fanbase when the Rent opened were basically fans of tailgating. If football ever succeeds it will have to be because the fans are there for the actual games. Old BE had some regional cache for me, since I was attending Yankee conference football games and hoping for a higher level. AAC or independence are equivalent for most casual fans.

Reaction Score
Wrong. The Big East will never be left behind by the NCAA or the media. This makes perfect strategic sense as the AAC was killing the UCONN brand and relegating us to a Netflix school. We waited long enough for a P5 invite that never came.

#PEACEATLASTHASCOMETOSTORRS
P5 expansion is not done.

We got some smart fans, don't we.

Reaction Score
Also not that this is a surprise but: Is UConn returning to the Big East Conference?

As explained to USA Today New Jersey, UConn’s return would be accompanied by a substantial exit penalty. That is not addressed in the Digital Sports Desk report.
A substantial exit penalty means nothing if some gift from the heavens came down in the form of annual P5 money. So it's not a big deal either way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh good, so not only are we committing athletic suicide, but we didn't have the foresight to check in with Fox and/or SNY to see what they'd offer? Those are some real big-time thinkers we got over there. SMH.
Or maybe, just maybe the story got leaked before those deals were done?

Reaction Score
Oh good, so not only are we committing athletic suicide, but we didn't have the foresight to check in with Fox and/or SNY to see what they'd offer? Those are some real big-time thinkers we got over there. SMH.

We already committed football suicide.

I agree with you 100% that we definitely should have had the foresight to check in with Fox/SNY. I sincerely hope that happened and UConn just can’t talk about details yet. But if the money’s not there to make it work, that’s a verdict on the value of FB in its current incarnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baller29

Top Bottom