OT: - Realignment? | Page 26 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Reaction Score
It is an absolute embarrassment UConn allowed itself to be so uniformly awful in the sport of football for well over a decade to the point it can't even get into discussion for the top 4 for a Big 12 invite.

But hey, at least we get to spend eternity with Creighton and DePaul.
We probably didn't even try. Why would we want to be in this conference?

Reaction Score
The conferences in the playoffs if you take out the top dog in each (Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oregon).

SEC: 2 appearances (1 title)
ACC: 2
Big 10: 1
Pac 12: 1
Big XII: 0

The Big XII can’t solve the coming financial loss with AAC teams, nor will Cincy or UCF fill the hole left by Oklahoma. It is what it is. The Big XII schools are just cashing exit fee checks until a P4 league calls. In an SEC vs Alliance world, the P5 is dead.
I seriously doubt any of the other leagues is going to call any of those members anytime soon. I also believe when they expand they will likely do a GOR as the other leagues have done to make it expensive to move even if they did. However, I could only see the Acc going after Cincy and WV in the future, and honestly the Pac12 will not be as good as that league, and unless they come up with a new financial formula not likely to cause those teams to jump. B10 maybe, but not likely in the near future, and not likely the better football teams. That league will elevate Cincy and Ucf in recruiting without a doubt, and they are already very P5 or P4 competitive.

Reaction Score
All over social media Memphis fans are trying to now rationalize "dropping to independence and joining the Big East" like they're a shoo-in to get invited.
lol. Cant see the BE having ANY interest in that cesspool.
I do wonder about Wichita St tho, since it would add a travel partner for Creighton.

Reaction Score
Imagine how AWESOME the AAC counter to this will be!!!

F*U (not including S)
UAB?
LALA Ragin Cajuns?
ODU?

So happy to be out of this nonsense...
If this happens and then MW grabs SMU & Memphis, AAC is done.

Reaction Score
lol. Cant see the BE having ANY interest in that cesspool.
I do wonder about Wichita St tho, since it would add a travel partner for Creighton.
Just my opinion, but I'd try to keep the Big East fairly exclusive. Before too long there may be some better additions available. I'd also argue that Memphis wouldn't be any better an addition than Temple. Penny won't be there too long and Memphis is a hike.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion, but I'd try to keep the Big East fairly exclusive. Before too long there may be some better additions available. I'd also argue that Memphis wouldn't be any better an addition than Temple. Penny won't be there too long and Memphis is a hike.
Memphis is barely a school. You'd get a better education at westconn/eastern/central/southern.

There are very few schools I could see the Big East entertaining. And I don't see it happening any time soon. There's no reason to.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We should absolutely not invite anybody from outside of the Power 4 leagues-and none of them would come.

Reaction Score
No interest in Temple either, and even if there were, Villanova would nix that fast.

Reaction Score
Florida is going to have four P5 schools and New England’s top collegiate athletic program is in a basketball only conference

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The annual BYU - UCF match up will be like peanut butter and alligator, classic deliciousness.

Am I crazy to think that for BYU their independent schedule is far more fun?

Reaction Score
Florida is going to have four P5 schools and New England’s top collegiate athletic program is in a basketball only conference
Again, for the people at the back. After Texas and Oklahoma leave the Big 12, there won't be a P5 anymore. It'll be a P4.

Reaction Score
The annual BYU - UCF match up will be like peanut butter and alligator, classic deliciousness.

Am I crazy to think that for BYU their independent schedule is far more fun?

Many BYU fans are actually looking forward to meaningful league games again.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The WCC may not yet be dead.

Reaction Score
Again, for the people at the back. After Texas and Oklahoma leave the Big 12, there won't be a P5 anymore. It'll be a P4.
When does the CFP/NY6 contract come up for renewal/renegotiating?

if it were now, I’d have a hard time understanding how a conference with no top 10 teams gets in over a conference with two.

Reaction Score
The WCC may not yet be dead.
BYU has been in the WCC for less than 10 years. In that time it has made the MCBB tourney championship game 4 times, losing them all. (St Mary’s has made 6, winning 2.).

the WCC can do just fine without byu

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Sorry, The B12 will be a better football conference than the PAC12 so it will still be P5. P5 status is more about access than TV money. The B12 will maintain it's access (unless there is another raid)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cant see the BE having ANY interest in that cesspool.

Wichita State?? Seriously? UMASS would be 10 times a better addition.

Reaction Score
god i'm so glad we're not in the AAC anymore. Imagine getting left behind with the leftovers.
I think UConn has been a left over since Louisville took the spot in the ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom