OT: - Realignment? | Page 25 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Reaction Score
I think his point is that a reconstituted Big XII could become the dominant non-P4 conference in most years and have an entry to the CFP most years.
His point was to maintain P5 status or become irrelevant.

"The sole goal is to try to maintain status as a P5 conference."

Reaction Score
I think his point is that a reconstituted Big XII could become the dominant non-P4 conference in most years and have an entry to the CFP most years.
But without P5 money, there is no future there. It will be the stepping stone where the P4 teams get their coaches.

Reaction Score
There is no putting the Big XII back together again. It is permanently below the P4.
I wouldn't agree with that. I'd take a reconstituted B12 football wise any day over the pac12, and the aac is one move by Clemson not a juggernaut either. B10 outside of OSU has been somewhat iffy the past 10 years as well. SEC clearly stands out, but the rest have their warts, particularly the pac12.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Every year. The CFP guarantees the champion a spot.

Reaction Score
There is no putting the Big XII back together again. It is permanently below the P4.
Add Boise BYU cinci hous and it’s at least as good as the pac and possibly acc.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't agree with that. I'd take a reconstituted B12 football wise any day over the pac12, and the aac is one move by Clemson not a juggernaut either. B10 outside of OSU has been somewhat iffy the past 10 years as well. SEC clearly stands out, but the rest have their warts, particularly the pac12.
The conferences in the playoffs if you take out the top dog in each (Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oregon).

SEC: 2 appearances (1 title)
ACC: 2
Big 10: 1
Pac 12: 1
Big XII: 0

The Big XII can’t solve the coming financial loss with AAC teams, nor will Cincy or UCF fill the hole left by Oklahoma. It is what it is. The Big XII schools are just cashing exit fee checks until a P4 league calls. In an SEC vs Alliance world, the P5 is dead.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Would Navy go independent at that point? Maybe- decent chance….
I can't imagine their fanbase would be too thrilled to lose games with Houston and UCF and replace them with games against like App State and UAB.

Reaction Score
Would Navy go independent at that point? Maybe- decent chance….
If they only take BYU / UCF, I think they would stay. My bet is they only take 2 in the short term so I think they will stay, especially since they already have the TV deal carveout and only compete in football.

If they take BYU / UCF / UC / Houston, then absolutely. Otherwise, all that's left SMU, USF, Temple and Memphis. The backfill would be CUSA / Sunbelt schools plus Tulane / Tulsa. No way would they tolerate that.

Reaction Score
Now wouldn’t it be a kicker if Boise knocks UCF silly tonight:

Reaction Score
It is an absolute embarrassment UConn allowed itself to be so uniformly awful in the sport of football for well over a decade to the point it can't even get into discussion for the top 4 for a Big 12 invite.

But hey, at least we get to spend eternity with Creighton and DePaul.

Reaction Score
All over social media Memphis fans are trying to now rationalize "dropping to independence and joining the Big East" like they're a shoo-in to get invited.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom