Precious Achiuwa | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You guys are having this argument now? In 2019?

Too little too late for all this hate.

Reaction Score
Haha it was idiotic.. uconn budget does spring board us out of the mid major.. but hearing from a couple places that the uconn name and pull is not super strong the last year or so.. that could change. Indiana had rough years and doing better
We had a clown in charge who had no clue how to run a program. That clown was able to recruit the 8th best class in the country to this conference and they left. We now have a guy who knows how to run a program. Of course there is a lot of negative recruiting against us, there always was and now they have more ammo. We have pros running the ship now instead of KO and his yes men. We'll get players.

Reaction Score
When was the last time we where relevant? 2014.. sure but in this new world that was a century ago... how many tourney do we need to miss?

Reaction Score
When was the last time we where relevant? 2014.. sure but in this new world that was a century ago... how many tourney do we need to miss?

We got a bump in relevancy with Hurley hire. Not to previous heights, but enough to compete nationally for top 100 recruits, which should be enough in AAC.

Need to win in next cycle or we'll be in trouble, though, and then perhaps at that point we WILL be a so so mid major. I have faith that won't happen.

Reaction Score
We got a bump in relevancy with Hurley hire. Not to previous heights, but enough to compete nationally for top 100 recruits, which should be enough in AAC.

Need to win in next cycle or we'll be in trouble, though, and then perhaps at that point we WILL be a so so mid major. I have faith that won't happen.

I do also. Just a rocky road

Reaction Score
I was gonna say. Bouk and Akok both seemed like plan A's
So was Gaffney. We kicked the tires on Rocket Watts but that was never really serious. Gaffney is definitely a plan A, he's our future point.
Akok was... i was wrong... sorry guys bad day and poking the bear is a high light.... bash me andi call it a day...
take-it-easy-champ-why-dont-you-sit-this-next-one-out-stop-talking-for-a-while.jpg

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
As far as precious I think he ends up at Kansas. They have a need. Just a hunch.
So was Gaffney. We kicked the tires on Rocket Watts but that was never really serious. Gaffney is definitely a plan A, he's our future point.

View attachment 41385
We landed 3 of our plan As. The only disappointing thing is that we struck out on a few more, namely a center. If you go back and read articles quotes from Hurley last spring/summer it sounded like he wanted a larger class, to upgrade the talent at every position.

Reaction Score
As far as precious I think he ends up at Kansas. They have a need. Just a hunch.

We landed 3 of our plan As. The only disappointing thing is that we struck out on a few more, namely a center. If you go back and read articles quotes from Hurley last spring/summer it sounded like he wanted a larger class, to upgrade the talent at every position.

He definitely didn’t want to lose a scholarship, but he knew it was a possibility.

Reaction Score
Never said anything about top 10 kids. I was responding to the notion we are just a so so mid-major now. There is a big difference between Carolina, Duke, Kentucky and so so mid-major.
Agreed. Nuanced arguments go to die on this board sometimes. We are certainly not where we were 15 years ago, but when I think of so so mid-majors I think of teams like Iona and Davidson. They would punch a monk to even sniff the class we have so far this year. As is often the case, the truth lies somewhere in between. What is true is we have to start getting better on the court asap or quality recruiting classes will go the way of the dinosaur. The longer away from prominence, the harder it gets. Especially in this conference and the ESPN+ business. These next 2 years are crucial.

Reaction Score
Hard to blame 99 or anyone else. The fall from grace has been enormous.

People can blame the AAC all they want but Memphis is doing just fine. Memphis is a cooler city, but, but it's a garbage school, so the idea that UConn simply can't succeed while Gonazaga is doing great? BS.

But the great irony, of course, is that Calhoun is the one who built this program and also largely responsible for the choices that led to its destruction. Eating the APR ban and then retiring right in the middle of conference realignment was terrible. Forcing us to hire an inexperienced coach which led to some of the most catastrophic years in the program's history.

Ollie did some great things but also lacked the maturity to weather the storm of his personal life and not let is affect his work. And that killed us.

At this point we just gotta hope it can be resurrected. Hard to blame anybody for saying it can't be done.

They said the same thing about UConn ever competing with the big boys in the Big East.

Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Hard to blame 99 or anyone else. The fall from grace has been enormous.

People can blame the AAC all they want but Memphis is doing just fine. Memphis is a cooler city, but, but it's a garbage school, so the idea that UConn simply can't succeed while Gonazaga is doing great? BS.

But the great irony, of course, is that Calhoun is the one who built this program and also largely responsible for the choices that led to its destruction. Eating the APR ban and then retiring right in the middle of conference realignment was terrible. Forcing us to hire an inexperienced coach which led to some of the most catastrophic years in the program's history.

Ollie did some great things but also lacked the maturity to weather the storm of his personal life and not let is affect his work. And that killed us.

At this point we just gotta hope it can be resurrected. Hard to blame anybody for saying it can't be done.

They said the same thing about UConn ever competing with the big boys in the Big East.

Time will tell.
Please stop. It doesn't take rocket science to understand it, our last coach took a flamethrower to the program. We brought in a good coach to build it back up. Memphis hasn't made a tournament in 5 years.

Reaction Score
Memphis is on the way up for one obvious reason. Penny Hardaway. He's a former NBA star and Memphis alum from the area who is getting high level recruits from the fertile local city. In turn, other good players want to join those players just like the NBA. We will now see if he can coach and manage the egos of a bunch of big time recruits, many of which wil be one and done. Talent will take them part of the way for sure. Whether it works long term is anybody's guess.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Memphis is on the way up for one obvious reason. Penny Hardaway. He's a former NBA star and Memphis alum from the area who is getting high level recruits from the fertile local city. In turn, other good players want to join those players just like the NBA. We will now see if he can coach and manage the egos of a bunch of big time recruits, many of which wil be one and done. Talent will take them part of the way for sure. Whether it works long term is anybody's guess.
I wanna see penny successfully recruit players outside of his AAU program before I completely buy into his great recruiting.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think Precious is just waiting for Cole Anthony, who is just waiting to see if Coby White goes to the NBA. Then they'll both end up at UNC

Reaction Score
I think Precious is just waiting for Cole Anthony, who is just waiting to see if Coby White goes to the NBA. Then they'll both end up at UNC
I think he's actually waiting on Nassir Little to declare, although I think it's a no brainer that both he and Coby White are leaving as they are both likely lottery picks. Cole and Precious plug into those two spots perfectly, kinda just have to tip your cap to how well that's working out for the Heels.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is not popular on this site but we do not have the pull we had. Aac, missing the tourney, ollie, etc. We where on the path to blue blood and we are a so so mid major
Low Major comment!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn has always been a difficult place to recruit to. Anyone who’s ever set foot in places like Chapel Hill, Lawrence, or Bloomington will tell you that Storrs can’t hold a candle to those places.
1553558324739.png

(Truth be told, I think we under appreciate UConn. Storrs is a beautiful campus.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom