Precious Achiuwa | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty much a zero percent chance of that happening.
I don't think he's ready for the NBA, needs one more year in college, and I think those close to him will tell him that. If he declares now for the NBA he'll become college basketballs version of Garry Beban.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's ready for the NBA, needs one more year in college, and I think those close to him will tell him that. If he declares now for the NBA he'll become college basketballs version of Garry Beban.
You gotta pay the troll toll to get in this thread

Reaction Score
Precious had a good outing in the McDonald's game.

247 Report on Achiuwa as one of the five best performances:
"Achiuwa was up and down throughout the week but had a very strong showing in the actual game. With 22 points and 9 rebounds on 10 of 20 shooting from the field, Achiuwa had a big impact in just 17 minutes. Achiuwa has long been one of the most impressive athletes in the 2019 class given his rare combination of size, length, strength and athleticism at his age. On Wednesday, Achiuwa used those physical tools to dominate around the basket as a scorer and rebounder. "

Reaction Score
247 Report on Achiuwa as one of the five best performances:
"Achiuwa was up and down throughout the week but had a very strong showing in the actual game. With 22 points and 9 rebounds on 10 of 20 shooting from the field, Achiuwa had a big impact in just 17 minutes. Achiuwa has long been one of the most impressive athletes in the 2019 class given his rare combination of size, length, strength and athleticism at his age. On Wednesday, Achiuwa used those physical tools to dominate around the basket as a scorer and rebounder. "

20 shots in 17 minutes, lol.

Reaction Score
I know Zionn nexted him and everyone says to move on but it does still give me a little bit of a semi to see us listed as his “favorite”.
Reading that gave me wood too. Honestly if that happened it would be unbelievable but I’m fearful of a Diamond Stone redux.

Reaction Score
Reading that gave me wood too. Honestly if that happened it would be unbelievable but I’m fearful of a Diamond Stone redux.
Is it safe to say that Hurley and Kimani Young have given up on Precious? The AAC will have some top young freshman next season. Does Koach Krap wear some hypnotic jewelry, I never could understand kids wanting to play for or refs giving all the calls to a guy who has a face like rat.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
View attachment 41391

(Truth be told, I think we under appreciate UConn. Storrs is a beautiful campus.)

@Guapo is generally correct. Where UConn has some real strengths is with kids who want and need to escape a troublesome urban environment. Kevin Ollie is an example. Many of the NY kids too. Caron certainly. There are temptations at any college, but the outside world is pretty much the outside world when you're in Storrs.

I think it's fairly critical in our recruiting that we identify kids who need that bigger town environment quickly and move on. We lose them every time. Likewise sell the hell out of the advantages of Storrs to those receptive to it.

pj

Reaction Score
@Guapo is generally correct. Where UConn has some real strengths is with kids who want and need to escape a troublesome urban environment. Kevin Ollie is an example. Many of the NY kids too. Caron certainly. There are temptations at any college, but the outside world is pretty much the outside world when you're in Storrs.

I think it's fairly critical in our recruiting that we identify kids who need that bigger town environment quickly and move on. We lose them every time. Likewise sell the hell out of the advantages of Storrs to those receptive to it.

If you want to focus on basketball, come to Storrs. If you want to hang out in nightclubs, go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
View attachment 41391

(Truth be told, I think we under appreciate UConn. Storrs is a beautiful campus.)

What they’ve done with the campus and with Storrs Center is truly impressive. However, it’s not Athens, Bloomington, Lawrence etc. It just isn’t. And it doesn’t have to be a bad thing! It just takes the right coach and the right recruiting pitch.

Reaction Score

If you want to focus on basketball, come to Storrs. If you want to hang out in nightclubs, go elsewhere.
What they’ve done with the campus and with Storrs Center is truly impressive. However, it’s not Athens, Bloomington, Lawrence etc. It just isn’t. And it doesn’t have to be a bad thing! It just takes the right coach and the right recruiting pitch.

This obviously won’t work for recruiting against UNC/KU and Indiana but UConn is the rare big state school where basketball is king. I think it’s difficult for a lot of people here to understand just how much of an after thought basketball is on many, if not most, big state campuses (at least until March)

Reaction Score
This obviously won’t work for recruiting against UNC/KU and Indiana but UConn is the rare big state school where basketball is king. I think it’s difficult for a lot of people here to understand just how much of an after thought basketball is on many, if not most, big state campuses (at least until March)
Agreed. KU, UK, Indiana and UNC might be the only where basketball is just as big if not bigger than football. No surprise it’s nearly impossible to beat those schools out for Top 20 guys.

Reaction Score
Agreed. KU, UK, Indiana and UNC might be the only where basketball is just as big if not bigger than football. No surprise it’s nearly impossible to beat those schools out for Top 20 guys.
True about Indiana being all about basketball but they just don't fit in with the other three on the other point, we just beat them out for Bouknight. We all would have been a lot more worried if he had serious interest from the other three.

Reaction Score
Our chances were once so promising...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members