Precious Achiuwa | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know this is old news also but Kofi still hasn't "signed" right? Are we still recruiting or staying in touch at all? Why has he been committed so long and not signed?

20% chance he doesn't go to Illinois?!?!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Does Koach Krap wear some hypnotic jewelry, I never could understand kids wanting to play for or refs giving all the calls to a guy who has a face like rat.

As much as I detest the man and his program - answer to your question - look at the number of players Duke has now in the NBA, the name brand sells itself and the Rat has long extensions to the league, Olympics and the pros who played for him really spread the news. Look how many of his former players are coaches in high profile programs. Duke is front page news on every basketball publication - more so than Kentucky, UNC, Kansas etc
The only thing Duke doesn't dominate is UConn

Reaction Score

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Every single time the logical side of my brain finally shuts the door on any hope of this happening, something like this happens.

Reaction Score
I know this is old news also but Kofi still hasn't "signed" right? Are we still recruiting or staying in touch at all? Why has he been committed so long and not signed?

20% chance he doesn't go to Illinois?!?!

The signing period doesn’t start until April 17th.

Reaction Score
True about Indiana being all about basketball but they just don't fit in with the other three on the other point, we just beat them out for Bouknight. We all would have been a lot more worried if he had serious interest from the other three.

Eh - we can beat out Indiana, honestly. Also not a ton of overlap with us and them.

And KU, UK and UNC - I mean those are bonafide super powers.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Eh - we can beat out Indiana, honestly. Also not a ton of overlap with us and them.

And KU, UK and UNC - I mean those are bonafide super powers.
I would put KU a notch below Duke, Kentucky and UNC as far as recruiting. They actually have a little trouble landing top 10 type players.

Reaction Score
I would put KU a notch below Duke, Kentucky and UNC as far as recruiting. They actually have a little trouble landing top 10 type players.

What?

They got Grimes last year in 2018 (#10).
Josh Jackson in 2016 (#1 overall)
Cheick Diallo in 2015 (#5)
Cliff Alexander in 2014 (#4)
Kelly Oubre in 2014 (#7)
Andrew Wiggins in 2013 (#1 overall)

So over the last 6 years they have the same amount of instances of multiple top 10 recruits as no top 10 recruits, and they got the #1 overall player more often than they got 0 top ten recruits.

UNC has 2 total over the same period, Justin Jackson in 2014 (#9) and Nassir Little last year (#3).

Reaction Score
Still doing the grind post dam break. Chief is cheering UConn staff on. Chief may give a breakdown on recruiting, once it’s appropriate in terms of numbers. Any predictions right now might cause more trouble or questions I won’t answer.

So like sj you believe there will be 1 or 2 more schollies available huh? Don’t hold back we won’t tell anyone;)

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Still doing the grind post dam break. Chief is cheering UConn staff on. Chief may give a breakdown on recruiting, once it’s appropriate in terms of numbers. Any predictions right now might cause more trouble or questions I won’t answer.
Gotta wait for a real insider to drop a piece of knowledge for you to hear the same thing in another thread right?

C

Chief00

So like sj you believe there will be 1 or 2 more schollies available huh? Don’t hold back we won’t tell anyone;)

You obviously get the issue I was referring to and understand I am adhering to long standing BY code of conduct. Chief recognizes this position does however foster conspiracy theories by well intended Casual Fans, who don’t understand our rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer