Precious Achiuwa | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it only me who doesn’t see the lure of Kansas at all?? It’s not only because I don’t like them. I also don’t like UNC, Duke, Kentucky but understand why recruits go there.
They have a great basketball culture. I mean, their first coach was James Naismith. Really, they have the longest history of greatness of any program. And their fans are rabid.

It has a draw.

Now, Kansas itself is really boring, but when you're a star basketball player at a school with ~20K undergrads? I think they'll be a lot of fun things to do.

Reaction Score
ESPN just signed a 12 year media rights deal for our conference, why would they want to undermine it's success by diverting talent to existing power conferences? Maybe their coverage is due to the teams you mention being ridiculously good and deservingly high profile? ESPN is running a business that depends solely on ad dollars at the end of the day, viewers ultimately decide what's covered.

I'm afraid we've become, as a league, primarily "filler" material and this contract will provide lots more cheap material for a number of sports beyond football and basketball and give ESPN a cheap way to find out how much revenue they can generate with the monthly fees for the Plus service.
If we see our major sports showing up on prime nights instead of Thursday and Sunday for basketball and Thursday and Friday for football then we'll know the league is drawing lots of viewers and ESPN bought themselves a bargain.

Reaction Score
I accept that there is a benefit to having players in the league. There is a bigger benefit of winning games. Plus, the benefit of having players in the league is only a means to the end. The end remains winning games.
not for the recruits

Reaction Score
They have a great basketball culture. I mean, their first coach was James Naismith. Really, they have the longest history of greatness of any program. And their fans are rabid.

It has a draw.

Now, Kansas itself is really boring, but when you're a star basketball player at a school with ~20K undergrads? I think they'll be a lot of fun things to do.
won't beat Ted's or huskys

Reaction Score
(Yes first post) been reading religiously for a few years on here and finally stepped up and got an account.

Anyone take any thought into the fact he was left off the Jordan rosters? I was expecting he not only make the rosters but be on the "home team." Bad timing for release date and trip to UNC? Seemed like a no brainer if UNC has and i'm sure they do have some pull as to what goes on with the Jordan game.

Certainly not going to change his mind away from UNC completely but if it were me, and I felt like I was deserving going to the game which i'm sure he does, this would hurt my chances of going to UNC. If we don't get a visit soon I don't know e are still really in the running TBH.

Thoughts?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

It has a draw.

Yet only 3 NCs
Winning in the B12 was easy for them
Now that other teams have stepped up in recent years they have been much less dominant
Kids like to win NCs
I think Kansas gets the players because of the press they get and national attention.
JC had some success in luring players away from Kansas to UConn and JA picked UConn over Kansas, something that Bill Self was not happy about
Kansas gets its share but does take a second seat to Duke, UNC, Kentucky

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It has a draw.

Is it only me who doesn’t see the lure of Kansas at all?? It’s not only because I don’t like them. I also don’t like UNC, Duke, Kentucky but understand why recruits go there.

As someone who went to school at KU for three years, it's not remotely boring. It's a really attractive campus set on a hill, in a town of what is now over 80,000 people. It's an hour from KC and Lawrence has a great downtown with tons of bars and live music venues. Bands from colleges all over the Midwest travel through there. Does Storrs have anything like this? Live Music - Unmistakably Lawrence
Pearl Jam played for free on the hill during their Ten tour in 1992 when I was in Law School.

Then there's Allen Field House and the fanbase. I had season tickets the first season at Gampel, it's not close. Allen Field House is incredible. Every game is packed, no matter who they play and it is insanely loud. Just go look at the videos on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom