Precious Achiuwa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jay Williams was on First Take yesterday and he mentioned something about Cole Anthony and Precious looking like they’re going to team up at UNC

Reaction Score

I don’t think anyone knows where he’s going to go. If UConn lands Precious, that would be a hell of a recruiting effort. UConn’s been horrible the past 3 years, I wouldn’t blame him for not coming here.

EDIT: he re-posted the tweet

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don’t think anyone knows where he’s going to go. If UConn lands Precious, that would be a hell of a recruiting effort. UConn’s been horrible the past 3 years, I wouldn’t blame him for not coming here.

Page no longer exists

Reaction Score
Jay Williams was on First Take yesterday and he mentioned something about Cole Anthony and Precious looking like they’re going to team up at UNC

I don't think he's coming here but the state of affairs of college athletics is absolutely pathetic. "Analysts" shouldn't be floating possibilities (or goading) high school recruits to schools on national television. ESPN has always walked a fine line but they have become nothing more than a recruiting service for Duke and UNC and the power 5 in general.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's coming here but the state of affairs of college athletics is absolutely pathetic. "Analysts" shouldn't be floating possibilities (or goading) high school recruits to schools on national television. ESPN has always walked a fine line but they have become nothing more than a recruiting service for Duke and UNC and the power 5 in general.

ESPN just signed a 12 year media rights deal for our conference, why would they want to undermine it's success by diverting talent to existing power conferences? Maybe their coverage is due to the teams you mention being ridiculously good and deservingly high profile? ESPN is running a business that depends solely on ad dollars at the end of the day, viewers ultimately decide what's covered.

Reaction Score
I’d absolutely love Precious to help rebuild our NBA pipeline, but there will be a few grad transfers available that will make us a better team in 19-20’ than we’d be with Precious.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I’d absolutely love Precious to help rebuild our NBA pipeline, but there will be a few grad transfers available that will make us a better team in 19-20’ than we’d be with Precious.
disagree

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
ESPN just signed a 12 year media rights deal for our conference, why would they want to undermine it's success by diverting talent to existing power conferences? Maybe their coverage is due to the teams you mention being ridiculously good and deservingly high profile? ESPN is running a business that depends solely on ad dollars at the end of the day, viewers ultimately decide what's covered.
bc they have the ACC network

Reaction Score
If he comes, great. If not, we will certainly survive. No one, not anyone is bigger than team. I am not sure he is a team guy despite many of the money makers having been team guys. Well, maybe it was just UConn team guys (Allen, Walker, Marshall, Hamilton etc...), you guys all know the drill. If he comes here both UConn and Precious will end up better off. Either way we will become great again!!!

Reaction Score

I remember back in 2010 Doug Gottlieb told Roscoe Smith on national television to decommit from UConn. A year later Roscoe was cutting down the nets with UConn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The track record strongly suggests that graduate transfers are not a particularly successful way for us to build our program.

Reaction Score

If that's the case then let the vultures get the transfers.

Reaction Score
They just bought 12 years of filler content for a song. They don’t give a crap about diverting talent to their premium content conferences

Reaction Score
I’m thinking he was being sarcastic.
The track record strongly suggests that graduate transfers are not a particularly successful way for us to build our program.
Precious would have a great impact on our recruiting moving forward and as I mentioned it’d build our NBA pipeline back up, which we desperately need.

All I’m suggesting is there will be grad transfers that fit more of our team needs to be successful in ‘19-20 IMO. Long term solution? No. Guarantee we land one of these grad transfers I’m talking about? No. But I’m sure there will be some incredibly talented scoring wings that’ll be on the market that would help us immensely.

Edit: Scouring the grad transfer market from last year and unless there is better talent out there this year, my take is far off. Does lend itself to another question, though. If we miss on Precious, do we prefer a decommit 4 year player that we don't necessarily love, or a grad transfer that leaves another open scholarship for '20-21?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman