Precious Achiuwa | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Precious would have a great impact on our recruiting moving forward and as I mentioned it’d build our NBA pipeline back up, which we desperately need.

All I’m suggesting is there will be grad transfers that fit more of our team needs to be successful in ‘19-20 IMO. Long term solution? No. Guarantee we land one of these grad transfers I’m talking about? No. But I’m sure there will be some incredibly talented scoring wings that’ll be on the market that would help us immensely.

Edit: Scouring the grad transfer market from last year and unless there is better talent out there this year, my take is far off. Does lend itself to another question, though. If we miss on Precious, do we prefer a decommit 4 year player that we don't necessarily love, or a grad transfer that leaves another open scholarship for '20-21?
That's a legit question. If it's a recommit Hurley has recruited and fits our needs then take him. Otherwise look for grad transfers that fit our needs. They occupy only 1 year on the roster. A lot of speculation right now. April will tell us how many additional open schollies we have. Remember we are still in a rebuilding process. Impatient fans must learn to practice patience.

Reaction Score
Precious would have a great impact on our recruiting moving forward and as I mentioned it’d build our NBA pipeline back up, which we desperately need.

All I’m suggesting is there will be grad transfers that fit more of our team needs to be successful in ‘19-20 IMO. Long term solution? No. Guarantee we land one of these grad transfers I’m talking about? No. But I’m sure there will be some incredibly talented scoring wings that’ll be on the market that would help us immensely.

Edit: Scouring the grad transfer market from last year and unless there is better talent out there this year, my take is far off. Does lend itself to another question, though. If we miss on Precious, do we prefer a decommit 4 year player that we don't necessarily love, or a grad transfer that leaves another open scholarship for '20-21?

Every year there will be a grad transfer or 2 who are better than Precious will be next year. Reid Travis and Damion Lee, for example. Maybe Tucker next year. Maybe we land one of these types.

But the vast majority are a huge dropoff and an important part of Precious' value to us would be in the way it helps our brand and future recruiting.

Reaction Score
Grad transfers are grad transfers because they aren't getting drafted. We need NBA level talent asap.

Reaction Score
The track record strongly suggests that graduate transfers are not a particularly successful way for us to build our program.

Depends on the grad transfer. Miller, Gibbs, Kromah as a 7th man? Sure. Onuorah, Anderson? No thanks.

Either way, I'd much rather take the Top 10 recruit. Even if Precious doesn't dominate from Day 1, recruiting begets recruiting. It'd make it that much easier to get the next top guy.

Reaction Score
Grad transfers are grad transfers because they aren't getting drafted. We need NBA level talent asap.

We need the best players we can get. There are many college players with no NBA future who are better than college players with an NBA future. Different games. If you really wouldn't take the 1 year we got out of Nadav and the 3 from Doron over the 1 from Andre, I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score
Really happy for DHam
I loved him at UConn (one of the few here) and thought he had the skill set for the league BUT also thought he should have stayed at least one more year. KO and assistants tried their hardest to keep him at UConn but when DHam decided to go - KO was his biggest cheerleader and made a lot of calls and introductions for DHam - I know this as a fact
His problem was competing with and listening to his brothers
Ok, thanks..don't see any pics of him in Kansas uniform though so I guess we know the leader right now.
Check his instagram

Reaction Score
We can all speculate until Precious actually schedules, if he ever does, an official visit to UConn. Let him come in and lead them back to the National Championship like Carmelo Anthony did at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
We need the best players we can get. There are many college players with no NBA future who are better than college players with an NBA future. Different games. If you really wouldn't take the 1 year we got out of Nadav and the 3 from Doron over the 1 from Andre, I don't know what to tell you.
Getting Precious is not just about getting precious. Just like getting Drummond wasn’t just about getting Drummond. We still use Drummond as a recruiting pitch to other recruits today. Hurley needs the opportunity to coach a guy like precious to the NBA to prove to other talent that he is capable of coaching high talent

Reaction Score
Still amazes me UCONN isn’t considered a blue blood when being discussed by the talking heads but Kansas’s four of five national championships have come before 1990.

Edit: Wikipedia says they only have three
The way I see it there are only 4 true blue bloods at the moment. Duke, UNC, UK, and KU. I consider a blue blood a school with the ability to recruit with success in any part of the country. Also to perennially be a top team each year. Villanova to me doesn’t quite have the blue blood “it factor” yet but they seem to be getting close.

Reaction Score
I'll take Drummond over Nadav, Doron, and any grad transfers every time.

Reaction Score
Getting Precious is not just about getting precious. Just like getting Drummond wasn’t just about getting Drummond. We still use Drummond as a recruiting pitch to other recruits today. Hurley needs the opportunity to coach a guy like precious to the NBA to prove to other talent that he is capable of coaching high talent

I accept that there is a benefit to having players in the league. There is a bigger benefit of winning games. Plus, the benefit of having players in the league is only a means to the end. The end remains winning games.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Looking more and more like a race between Kansas and UNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom