Potential 2019 decommits | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Potential 2019 decommits

Reaction Score
Realizing I spelt his name wrong Shonn Miller was in no way shape or form even the 5th best player on that team.

That team had Jalen, DHam, Purvis, Gibbs, all who were better than Miller.

You are badly misremebering that season.

Shonn averaged an effecient 12/5 for us with great D.

He was certainly not better than jalen that year. He, gibbs, purvis were all relatively equal for the 2nd spot after dham, imo

Reaction Score
Miller was the best player on that team followed by Hamilton, Gibbs, Jalen, Purvis

We will have to agree to disagree, all of those guys had great games against real competition EXCEPT Miller. Theres a reason he spent his undergrad years playing for Cornell and not a real basketball school

Reaction Score
If Bennett goes to UCLA. Anyone know if we could be in on Shedrick or Morsell.

Reaction Score
If Bennett goes to UCLA. Anyone know if we could be in on Shedrick or Morsell.
No established high major coach is going to go to the nightmare that is UCLA. Bennett has the same level of job security as Roy, Self, and Wright. Why would he risk that to go a school that hasnt been relevant since the 90s? They’re not the sleeping giant that everyone thinks they are anymore

Reaction Score
How reliable is that guy? Smart has 4 guaranteed years left on his contract and unless another program is willing to pay him close to his current salary and his buyout (although I'm assuming Texas is willing to forego that), he ain't going nowhere. I can't imagine Texas cares enough about hoops to pay $13M plus another $3M+ a year for a coach.
I liked Shaka but never thought he was a guy to lead an elite program. That being said I thought he was going to have more success at Texas but hes done nothing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We will have to agree to disagree, all of those guys had great games against real competition EXCEPT Miller. Theres a reason he spent his undergrad years playing for Cornell and not a real basketball school
The reason why he didn’t have great games is because he never got the ball. He never got the ball where he could get percentage shots

Reaction Score
You’re talking out of your ass because he had a bad game against Kansas.

Offensive rating against Tier A and B teams that year

Miller: 118
Gibbs: 109
Hamilton: 97
Purvis: 96
Adams: 90

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Where do you find these stats?

They’re amazing

Reaction Score

Care to add some context to what these numbers mean? And who they were against.

Two fo those guys played in the NBA, and Jalen may at least get a look. Miller was never on any NBA radar

Reaction Score

Yes if Miller was on this year’s team we probably would have been in the upper half of our conference. He was a really good pick up. As you so accurately stated some only remember the Kansas game and a few others but most games he was dynamite. Just the type of grad transfer to look for.

Reaction Score
I liked Shaka but never thought he was a guy to lead an elite program. That being said I thought he was going to have more success at Texas but hes done nothing.
Word is that Texas is helping shaka get set up at another job in return for reduced buy out. He's gone at the end of the season

Woulda been nice if we handled KO similarly...

Reaction Score

There was a reason Curry played at Davidson and Lillard at Weber, right?

Two fo those guys played in the NBA, and Jalen may at least get a look. Miller was never on any NBA radar

Good for D Ham in getting a guaranteed deal and good on Purvis getting 10 days, but at the end of the day, the vast majority of their careers have been spent in the G League aka the league where Shonn Miller plays, and Jalen is likely to end up.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

He played in the summer league and I'm pretty sure he's on a Gleague team right now. He's gotten pretty close.

Reaction Score
If Buzz goes to A&M, does Anthony Harris reopen his recruitment? Were any of those DMV guys on UConn’s radar besides Harris?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom