Potential 2019 decommits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Potential 2019 decommits

Reaction Score
I think Cuse could be in a good spot for Jones. He took an OV there and to Baylor. Hurley never even offered him last spring.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
A couple of these kids will likely end up staying on the west coast. Wait for UCLA to get a new coach and they may poach one or two if Miller leaves.

I think it's more like when Miller leaves, not if. Did anybody see his postgame address to the home crowd? It sure sounded like a farewell speech, and some Arizona fans I know who were there are saying the same thing.

Reaction Score
I think Cuse could be in a good spot for Jones. He took an OV there and to Baylor. Hurley never even offered him last spring.
Hurley had just taken over, was hiring a staff, convincing everyone to stay, and moving his family. I wouldn't look too far into this or think a kid would feel slighted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley had just taken over, was hiring a staff, convincing everyone to stay, and moving his family. I wouldn't look to far into this or think a kid would feel slighted.
Not that he’d feel slighted, but he’s still more likely to end up at a school that has recruited him previously. But I’d be happy to see us take a shot with Jones. He’s got a lot of upside despite lacking strength.

It will be interesting to see if Shaka really does leave. Texas must feel confident that they could land Chris Beard.

Reaction Score
All right, you got me. There were three, two signed P5 (Stanford, WVU). Akinjo, who was supposedly the best of the group, went to Georgetown and was the only one with meaningful minutes and results.

The point I was trying to make was that IMO, Shaka recruited better players than KO.

I'm just busting your balls since you're post was literally incorrect but I know what point you were making and it's true.

Reaction Score
Not that he’d feel slighted, but he’s still more likely to end up at a school that has recruited him previously. But I’d be happy to see us take a shot with Jones. He’s got a lot of upside despite lacking strength.

It will be interesting to see if Shaka really does leave. Texas must feel confident that they could land Chris Beard.
Is Boeheim ever going to retire?

Reaction Score
How reliable is that guy? Smart has 4 guaranteed years left on his contract and unless another program is willing to pay him close to his current salary and his buyout (although I'm assuming Texas is willing to forego that), he ain't going nowhere. I can't imagine Texas cares enough about hoops to pay $13M plus another $3M+ a year for a coach.

Read "Billion Dollar Ball" to see Texas cares about a lot of sports. Two years ago their AD revenue was over $170M so they can afford to do whatever they want, but maybe they'll give him one more year to see if all his young players stay and develop.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
All right, you got me. There were three, two signed P5 (Stanford, WVU). Akinjo, who was supposedly the best of the group, went to Georgetown and was the only one with meaningful minutes and results.

The point I was trying to make was that IMO, Shaka recruited better players than KO.
Regarding your point - Shaka has Texas, Big 12 and P5 - that and not including his personality, etc is sure to attract a better player than UConn, the AAC and P6 - no matter who is coaching
Akinjo - after his recent performances there are many P5 coaches who wished they had him
All 3 did/could have gone P5
Emmitt Mathews Jr - take a look at his minutes and results at WVU and tell me how meaningless they are
Not to downgrade anyone/anything but they are sure better than Yawkee, Smith and B Adams(at least he has time to get better)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Regarding your point - Shaka has Texas, Big 12 and P5 - that and not including his personality, etc is sure to attract a better player than UConn, the AAC and P6 - no matter who is coaching
Akinjo - after his recent performances there are many P5 coaches who wished they had him
Emmitt Mathews Jr - take a look at his minutes and results at WVU and tell me how meaningless they are
Not to downgrade anyone/anything but they are sure better than Yawkee, Smith and B Adams(at least he has time to get better)

UConn had championships - including KO coaching one himself in the AAC. Shaka hasn't done that. Nor Texas.

Reaction Score
Emmitt Matthew's Jr. did nothing this season on a horrendous West Virginia team (12-19 4-14 in Big 12 play.)

You consistently have awful takes.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Well, yeah, when you have 1 month (as opposed to 3+ years) to bring in recruits at the end of the period, you aren't getting the pick of the litter. That goes without saying.

Reaction Score

Not exactly a decommit, but this is the type of guard I'd like to see us go after for next year who can play the 2/3 and rebound a bit

Reaction Score
This is exactly the type of player that we do not want or need.
If we were to take another shooting guard it should be Demarr Langford. I'd take a Langford reclassification over any JUCO center were considering rn. Ive said it plenty of times but we need to accumulate talent more than we need to fill positional needs at this stage in the rebuild

Reaction Score
If we were to take another shooting guard it should be Demarr Langford. I'd take a Langford reclassification over any JUCO center were considering rn. Ive said it plenty of times but we need to accumulate talent more than we need to fill positional needs at this stage in the rebuild

Langford can't shoot. Pass.

Reaction Score
This is exactly the type of player that we do not want or need.

I truly hope the years of grad transfers are behind us, I don't think it helps establish the culture. We got lucky with Lasan Kromah, and Sterling Gibbs. Sean miller was fun against cupcakes but never had a good game against real competition. I would rather take a low rated freshman with potential to develop into a solid bench/role player than another transfer.

Reaction Score
I truly hope the years of grad transfers are behind us, I don't think it helps establish the culture. We got lucky with Lasan Kromah, and Sterling Gibbs. Sean miller was fun against cupcakes but never had a good game against real competition. I would rather take a low rated freshman with potential to develop into a solid bench/role player than another transfer.
We did that with Brendan Adams last year, I still think he can grow into something useful but there's only so many spots. To let Hurley hit his stride in recruiting and turn this program around we're going to need to leave him spots to recruit into. I'd expect at least 1 or 2 grad transfers again this year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom