Potential 2019 decommits | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Potential 2019 decommits

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Doubt it. He's not very good. Wouldn't be a terrible project, but he won't be an impact this next season unless he changes things around ASAP
He was spectacular towards the end of the season. I would bet good money we at least inquire.

Reaction Score
Do you really think we need another wing? We’re pretty loaded at the 2-4 next year. What we’re missing is a backup/defensive Center and a ball handler.

Loaded is one way to look at Wilson and Polley at the 3 and backup 4. Development determinate. I don't want to play Bouknight at the 3, we've been small defensively for years and it's been killing us.

Reaction Score
Gaffney will be our best player since Bazz. There were two other guys since Bazz, DHam and Jalen, that had potential but did not fully develop it.

Hmmm, not Precious?????

Reaction Score
Loaded is one way to look at Wilson and Polley at the 3 and backup 4. Development determinate. I don't want to play Bouknight at the 3, we've been small defensively for years and it's been killing us.
Biuknight is the same height as Wilson and lot better offensively and probably defensively from all accounts. He would be a perfect 3 in Hurley’s system. We need scoring there and not a black hole like we had with Wilson.

Unless Precious is coming in who can create based off his size and athletic ability I don’t want Wilson starting at the 3. We need a shooter there if we can’t get precious.

Reaction Score
Biuknight is the same height as Wilson and lot better offensively and probably defensively from all accounts. He would be a perfect 3 in Hurley’s system. We need scoring there and not a black hole like we had with Wilson.

Unless Precious is coming in who can create based off his size and athletic ability I don’t want Wilson starting at the 3. We need a shooter there if we can’t get precious.

Precious is a 4. I think hee and bouknight could really compliment each others strengths on the wings, actually

Reaction Score

Bouknight is 2 inches shorter than Wilson, but he’s still tall/long enough to play the 3 in college. Ideally he’d be a 2 but he’ll see time at both spots next year.

Reaction Score
Is Pierre-Louis highly coveted? He’s ranked in the mid 300s on 247. I know rankings are a crapshoot but still.
It'll be interested to see what teams show interest in him. People are saying he improved his game a lot. I will say, if we were to unfortunately lose a guard from the current roster (referencing NHR article), we should replace that person with a PG instead of a 2 or combo guard.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Highest assist rate at NBAPA camp and up there in assist rate for UA circuit AAU. He’s a much of a PG as Jalen Adams was.
Which is to say that neither is/was the primary ball-handler for their HS or AAU teams. Both guys got/get tons of assists out of drive-and-dish, draw-and-kick stuff, but neither Jalen entered/enters college as a floor general.

And yeah, Gaffney 100% needs to tighten his handle. He's got the mentality and talent to do it, but hasn't yet.

Re: Pierre-Louis, he's not good enough for us. Would much rather go after another Tarin Smith-type if Hurley decides we need more backcourt depth.

Reaction Score
One is listed at 6'7 and the other 6'4, so unless you've seen them stand next to each other, I'm assuming the difference is true, if not the actual heights.
Reports have boatright growing and closer to 6-5 while people have commented that Wilson is at most 6–6 and still a horrible shooter with no Handle. This isn’t an issue for Boaknight.

Reaction Score
Bouknight is 2 inches shorter than Wilson, but he’s still tall/long enough to play the 3 in college. Ideally he’d be a 2 but he’ll see time at both spots next year.
Probably more like one inch. He is long too and is a better shooter and ball handler than Wilson. Wilson skills is more of a 4 but he doesn’t have the strength to play there.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It'll be interested to see what teams show interest in him. People are saying he improved his game a lot. I will say, if we were to unfortunately lose a guard from the current roster (referencing NHR article), we should replace that person with a PG instead of a 2 or combo guard.
Re: Pierre-Louis, he's not good enough for us. Would much rather go after another Tarin Smith-type if Hurley decides we need more backcourt depth.

They need a backup experienced ball handler in a big way. What happens if they lose Gilbert for a number of games? They're sunk. Every win is precious next year.

If they lost Gilbert for the season, they'd be done anyway, so I'm not even thinking about that.

Reaction Score
I truly hope the years of grad transfers are behind us, I don't think it helps establish the culture. We got lucky with Lasan Kromah, and Sterling Gibbs. Sean miller was fun against cupcakes but never had a good game against real competition. I would rather take a low rated freshman with potential to develop into a solid bench/role player than another transfer.
sean miller might of been best player on team

Reaction Score
Reports have boatright growing and closer to 6-5 while people have commented that Wilson is at most 6–6 and still a horrible shooter with no Handle. This isn’t an issue for Boaknight.

The 6-5 reports legit? I haven't heard much on him macduffie really is quiet

Reaction Score
Wake up! We are not loaded at any position! We need men everywhere. Carlton is the only one who might start upfront if it’s with a legit 5. We don’t need help. We need a 3,4 &5 who can play immediately. Our present guys are not the answer if we are to become competitive

Reaction Score
sean miller might of been best player on team

Realizing I spelt his name wrong Shonn Miller was in no way shape or form even the 5th best player on that team.

That team had Jalen, DHam, Purvis, Gibbs, all who were better than Miller.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom