Potential 2019 decommits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Potential 2019 decommits

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I truly hope the years of grad transfers are behind us, I don't think it helps establish the culture. We got lucky with Lasan Kromah, and Sterling Gibbs. Sean miller was fun against cupcakes but never had a good game against real competition. I would rather take a low rated freshman with potential to develop into a solid bench/role player than another transfer.

Absolutely not. Get used to more of them going forward - it's a part of the game now.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree there
Fair enough. I feel that these type of players are a dime a dozen and will not help the program in any way whatsoever. Assuming Vital comes back, we will have 5 guards and the only way we should take another is if he is an obvious difference maker. We do not need any more 1 year role players.

Reaction Score
If we were to take another shooting guard it should be Demarr Langford. I'd take a Langford reclassification over any JUCO center were considering rn. Ive said it plenty of times but we need to accumulate talent more than we need to fill positional needs at this stage in the rebuild
Agree that if we take another guard, he really needs to have great talent and not just another Joe...

Reaction Score
Fair enough. I feel that these type of players are a dime a dozen and will not help the program in any way whatsoever. Assuming Vital comes back, we will have 5 guards and the only way we should take another is if he is an obvious difference maker. We do not need any more 1 year role players.
I just see rebounding being a huge weakness so another guy who can play the 3rd guard and rebound is higher on my list than others. At this point I don't mind a few 1 year grad transfers to let Hurley recruit and fill that spot with talent for 2020

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I truly hope the years of grad transfers are behind us, I don't think it helps establish the culture. We got lucky with Lasan Kromah, and Sterling Gibbs. Sean miller was fun against cupcakes but never had a good game against real competition. I would rather take a low rated freshman with potential to develop into a solid bench/role player than another transfer.

Recruiting guys is generally a 3+ year process. We're less than a year in. Get used to a few more grad transfers to fill depth roles. We certainly could use one in the post.

What we don't need is grad transfers starting.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Miller. Never. Got. The. Ball.

Reaction Score
He has solid shooting form, and can score. He's not a knockdown shooter but he can hit 3's and he scores and rebounds well

I've seen him play a few times recently. I'd expect his ranking to drop. Say ot all you want, he's not a great shooter. His d1 attribute is size and strength.

I don't think we recruit him actively going forward.

I like diarra better.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Brother plays for Temple. From Jersey City. I wonder if we’ll reach out. I am of the belief that we NEED another ball handler for next year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not against grad transfer you just need to be selective about them. Two is the most you should take and one is preferable if he fills a specific need.

Reaction Score
I'm not against grad transfer you just need to be selective about them. Two is the most you should take and one is preferable if he fills a specific need.
With Alterique's shaky health, I'd go with another grad transfer guard who can handle the point like Tarin Smith.

Reaction Score
I have the feeling Enoch will become a grad transfer, with Malik Williams higher on the depth chart and Igiehon coming in as a highly ranked center. If so I wonder if he has any interest in coming home, if so I'd easily take him. He's better than Carlton

UconnU

Reaction Score

He could slide nicely into the three next year

Do you really think we need another wing? We’re pretty loaded at the 2-4 next year. What we’re missing is a backup/defensive Center and a ball handler.

Reaction Score
Do you really think we need another wing? We’re pretty loaded at the 2-4 next year. What we’re missing is a backup/defensive Center and a ball handler.
I'll take a wing with rebounding ability over an uncoordinated center

Reaction Score
Cant use 6 of our 12 scholarships on guards when our frontcourt is already weak. Gaffney will have to assume some ball handling responsibilities.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Cant use 6 of our 12 scholarships on guards when our frontcourt is already weak. Gaffney will have to assume some ball handling responsibilities.
As I’ve explained in other threads Gaffney’s most glaring weakness is his ball handling, he struggles against ball pressure he primarily plays off the ball in HS. AGs health is still a huge question mark. We desperately need another ball handler imo.

Reaction Score
As I’ve explained in other threads Gaffney’s most glaring weakness is his ball handling, he struggles against ball pressure he primarily plays off the ball in HS. AGs health is still a huge question mark. We desperately need another ball handler imo.

He does not play primarily off the ball in the 3 games I've seen. And definitely not in AAU.

Reaction Score

Brother plays for Temple. From Jersey City. I wonder if we’ll reach out. I am of the belief that we NEED another ball handler for next year.

Doubt it. He's not very good. Wouldn't be a terrible project, but he won't be an impact this next season unless he changes things around ASAP

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom