Potential 2019 decommits | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Potential 2019 decommits

Reaction Score
If Buzz goes to A&M, does Anthony Harris reopen his recruitment? Were any of those DMV guys on UConn’s radar besides Harris?
As much as I’d love the kid, could you imagine the board if we recruited a kid with an ACL injury?

Reaction Score
Care to add some context to what these numbers mean? And who they were against.

Two fo those guys played in the NBA, and Jalen may at least get a look. Miller was never on any NBA radar

And that means what? He was a tweener was never going to get NBA looks but that doesn’t take away from players impact at the college level. Lots of really good college players never get a sniff.

Reaction Score
And that means what? He was a tweener was never going to get NBA looks but that doesn’t take away from players impact at the college level. Lots of really good college players never get a sniff.

That means the best players play at the highest level, I had no idea there were so many Miller apologist on this board, lmao

Reaction Score
That means the best players play at the highest level, I had no idea there were so many Miller apologist on this board, lmao

Miller was very good better than Brimah for sure and arguably better or as good as all those mentioned. No apologists just people who saw the obvious.

Reaction Score
Acquire talent. PERIOD. In what ever form that may be.

But a knock down 3point shooter on the wing would be nice
Agreed. Even though we may need frontcourt depth, we need to seek out talent over filling positional needs at this point

Reaction Score
Lol, seems like there is just one out and out detractor and the rest who seem to view him properly.

Reaction Score
Word is that Texas is helping shaka get set up at another job in return for reduced buy out. He's gone at the end of the season

Woulda been nice if we handled KO similarly...

What other school would have wanted to hire KO?

Reaction Score
Lol, seems like there is just one out and out detractor and the rest who seem to view him properly.

People on here are talking like he could've been Charles Barkley if he only got the ball. Saying g he was the best player on a team that sent 2 other kids to the NBA

Please find me ONE other example in UConn history where the best player on the team got absolutelt 0 NBA looks and his peers made it to the league

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You succeeded in getting me to recheck the definition of "apologist." Not much else of value in your post.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
People on here are talking like he could've been Charles Barkley if he only got the ball. Saying g he was the best player on a team that sent 2 other kids to the NBA

Please find me ONE other example in UConn history where the best player on the team got absolutelty 0 NBA looks and his peers made it to the league

It's the way it works out sometimes. Christian Laettner was arguably the best college player ever and he didn't accomplish anything in the NBA. Jeff Adrien would've been the best player on the 2016 Huskies and he was never even considered for the NBA. Andre Drummond wasn't even close to our best player in 2012 but he's far and away the best NBA player of that group.

Reaction Score
It's the way it works out sometimes. Christian Laettner was arguably the best college player ever and he didn't accomplish anything in the NBA. Jeff Adrien would've been the best player on the 2016 Huskies and he was never even considered for the NBA. Andre Drummond wasn't even close to our best player in 2012 but he's far and away the best NBA player of that group.

I’m firmly in the Miller appreciation side of things but wanted to point out that Adrien played in the NBA (for at least a couple teams over a few years). I watched him play in person multiple times for the Bobcats.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I’m firmly in the Miller appreciation side of things but wanted to point out that Adrien played in the NBA (for at least a couple teams over a few years). I watched him play in person multiple times for the Bobcats.

Fair enough. I guess my point was that the college and professional games are different enough that how good a player is in the NBA (or whether or not they make it) doesn't always correlate to how good that player was in college.

Reaction Score
Do you really think we need another wing? We’re pretty loaded at the 2-4 next year. What we’re missing is a backup/defensive Center and a ball handler.
I guess if you define "loaded" as having bodies taking schollies we are loaded there. Having Polley and Whaley is not my idea of being loaded.

The W&M kid plays in a decent league and if/when we miss on Precious I think he would help a lot for a year.

Reaction Score

Brother plays for Temple. From Jersey City. I wonder if we’ll reach out. I am of the belief that we NEED another ball handler for next year.

Coaching changes lead to de-commitments
Pierre-Louis currently ranks as the No. 357 player in the industry generated 247Sports Composite Rankings. Look for that ranking to go up once final decisions are made, given the strength of the year Pierre-Louis had, and the improvement that he showed.

While he has yet to receive a release from his National Letter of Intent, the expectation is that numerous high-major schools will be very interested. Pierre-Louis has tremendous athleticism, can get to the rim, and has a solid feel for the game. He needs to continue to improve his outside jumper and gain strength, but there is a lot to like with the strides that Pierre-Louis has made in his game, and potentially down the road he could be an impact player at the high-major level given his freakish athleticism and room for physical growth.

Reaction Score
We will have to agree to disagree, all of those guys had great games against real competition EXCEPT Miller. Theres a reason he spent his undergrad years playing for Cornell and not a real basketball school

You're correct. The reason was that coming out of high school he was about 6'4" or 6'5".

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I don't disagree with your overall point, but Adrien did play in 7 different NBA seasons. 153 career GP

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Acquire talent. PERIOD. In what ever form that may be.

But a knock down 3point shooter on the wing would be nice

Yes, and the best thing for this team is if Sid becomes that guy. I know he hasn't shown he can. But we need him to. And B. Adams as well. Both of them need to spend the summer dribbling and shooting.

We have to expect some player development. So many people here ready to call Sid a failure while anointing unproven freshmen as saviors (as they did Sid last year).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't disagree with your overall point, but Adrien did play in 7 different NBA seasons. 153 career GP

Yeah, that was my bad and I don't know why I didn't remember that he played for so long.

Reaction Score
Danny Manning is out at Wake...4 signees and 3 are prepping in New England.
Not too thrilled with their incoming freshman but thought we were recruiting Isaiah Mucius at one point.

Olivier Sarr looks pretty good on paper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom