Potential 2019 decommits | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Potential 2019 decommits

Reaction Score
Massoud wouldn't be bad. The rest? Well, if Hurley is looking at them either (a) he things they're much better than their ranking or (b) we don't have a chance at more talented kids.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Coaching changes lead to de-commitments
Pierre-Louis currently ranks as the No. 357 player in the industry generated 247Sports Composite Rankings. Look for that ranking to go up once final decisions are made, given the strength of the year Pierre-Louis had, and the improvement that he showed.

While he has yet to receive a release from his National Letter of Intent, the expectation is that numerous high-major schools will be very interested. Pierre-Louis has tremendous athleticism, can get to the rim, and has a solid feel for the game. He needs to continue to improve his outside jumper and gain strength, but there is a lot to like with the strides that Pierre-Louis has made in his game, and potentially down the road he could be an impact player at the high-major level given his freakish athleticism and room for physical growth.

I might like to grab this kid 2 years from now. I just don't want to deal with the 1st two years of his development right now.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Bryce Aiken a potential grad transfer? Best player in the Ivy League. Staff has been liking his posts on twitter. From Jersey. Would completely change the outlook for next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Re. Aiken. He was hurt last year but he is a junior this year so what am missing?

Last edited:

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Re. Aiken. He was hurt last year but he is a junior this year so what am missing?
If he missed a year due to injury, as you imply, then he should be on track to graduate at the end of this year with a year of eligibility remaining.

Reaction Score

He came back for the Yale game and literally kept Harvard in the game for 30 minutes himself. He's a really nice player no doubt.

Reaction Score
Former 4 star had some good offers from St Patrick's in NJ. I don't think he's eligible though?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Many college bb players graduate in 3 years because they're on campus for winter and summer breaks.

I’m baffled this doesn’t happen more often. Especially since these guys also tend to get a head start on summer classes and can take classes over subsequent summers as well.

Reaction Score
Aiken has been at Harvard for 3 years (no redshirt) FWIW

It’s probably best we don’t speculate on kids who haven’t shown the ability or intent to transfer, though.

I’m going to over read this into “We can’t tamper like other schools and there is smoke here”.... now I’ll pray that’s the situation

Reaction Score
Hey it helped us land Sterling Gibbs. He admitted it himself that we kind’ve talked it into existence.

Thought it was the tampering we did that did it.

Reaction Score
Aiken has been at Harvard for 3 years (no redshirt) FWIW

It’s probably best we don’t speculate on kids who haven’t shown the ability or intent to transfer, though.
Ivy players don't redshirt, they only get 4 years of eligibility, regardless of injury. If they miss a year because of injury the only way they can play for a 5th year is if they take a year off from school. Since Aiken is only a junior, if he were to transfer he would have to sit out a year, otherwise he'd have to wait a year to be a graduate transfer.

Also, with Seth Towns, the previous Ivy Player of the Year, returning after missing this year with injury, Harvard is borderline top 25 team next year. So I doubt Aiken transfers this year.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Ivy players don't redshirt, they only get 4 years of eligibility, regardless of injury. If they miss a year because of injury the only way they can play for a 5th year is if they take a year off from school. Since Aiken is only a junior, if he were to transfer he would have to sit out a year, otherwise he'd have to wait a year to be a graduate transfer.

Also, with Seth Towns, the previous Ivy Player of the Year, returning after missing this year with injury, Harvard is borderline top 25 team next year. So I doubt Aiken transfers this year.
then how did we get Shonn Miller?

Reaction Score
Rayjon Tucker

Attachments

• 0CE13468-C32A-4C97-A60A-00BF1DDCD0FD.png
    0CE13468-C32A-4C97-A60A-00BF1DDCD0FD.png
    629.3 KB · Views: 199

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics