Poll: Who Wins : TN or SC - Game Thread [MERGED THREAD] | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Poll: Who Wins : TN or SC - Game Thread [MERGED THREAD]

Tonight's winner will be:

• Tennessee

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 96 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
By watching Dawn's after practice meetings with the media for the past week I can assure you that SC didn't.. Tennessee just was the better team today. That should make you happy.
very nice quote. sometimes people don't get the brutal SEC play. SC is still the best in the SEC. good luck with the rest of the season

Reaction Score
very nice quote. sometimes people don't get the brutal SEC play. SC is still the best in the SEC. good luck with the rest of the season
Proper and generous competition and sportsmanship after. Kudo's!!! To both posters.

Reaction Score
I just can't believe two SEC teams scored more than 60 points in the same game. I thought this one was gonna be a typical 58-53 type of affair.

Reaction Score
Very entertaining game tonight... I will say that..... the one on one individual game is fun to watch, though I do not think good for the overall good.

Reaction Score
Would like to say.... DD had some bad shots ... couple of air balls.... yes, but it was obvious how she is able to take over a game.... and only 1 turnover she is to be commended for that....

Funny also is that good news for TN fans is that Holly is off the hot seat. Bad news is that Holly is off the hot seat!

Reaction Score
SC got hosed especially on that last foul. Only question for me is does that fuel them in about two weeks?

it is a shame that officials have become such a big factor in games. The quick whistle with bogus calls is hurting the game. . . .not just the bad call at the end of the game . . . . Wilson's 3rd foul was a horrible call. And contrary to what Doris Burke said, she did not deserve a technical foul . . . . you are allowed to react to a horrible call

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nice win tonight, congratulations. Tenn looked good for the most part. Holly tried to give game away with some :eek: clock management but your players pulled it out.

However, with all due respect, the SEC isn't brutal. The AAC teams beat each other up, too, but that doesn't make them powerhouses.

Reaction Score
Wow the last foul call.... I hate talking about officiating... but the competency index in WCBB is low..... Why do Dee Kantner, Lisa Mattingly, and Brian Enterline get all the big games.... this clown who called the late foul that changed the whole game should sit for a while..... what was he watching.....

Nonetheless a good win for the LVs

Reaction Score
Thanks you. Thank you.

Sure, I'm not happy about the ending.. but there's so much complaining in this thread about everything. "Neither team runs offense"... "Terrible coaching on both sides".. "THAT was the number 4 team?"... "This game is terrible" etc.

Sure, the ending was controversial.. but this is the 2nd week in a row that we've been able to watch a REALLY entertaining WCBB game on Big Monday and it was FUN and GOOD for the game.. and judging by the reaction on social media I'm not the only that thinks this. Not every team is going to look like UConn because Geno Auriemma doesn't coach every team in the United States (perhaps he should, but he doesn't unfortunately).. so accept that as fact and ENJOY THE GAME.

:D:rolleyes:

Also, great game Lady Vols. They came to play from the start and beat us at our own game. I'm looking forward to this three-way race for the regular season and tournament title..
Before I take you to task--allow me to say ---i like your sportsmanship and compliments to the Vols. Losing hurts and you did it almost right.

Not to rub salt in the open wound : This IS first and foremost a Uconn WBB site--Uconn fans are not here to cheer you on--they do when your team does something extraordinary.
Yes we compare Geno to every coach--and it is unfair--however we are not comparing your god to our god--he is --if you can believe this --he is HUMAN.

So, I know you are upset and this isn't fun for you, but please--complain by individual as they offend you or Dawn or USC but not the whole of the By--that too is a bit unfair. I'm sorry that as long as Geno is successful--his comparison shall be unfair. A few years back--it was Geno who was taking the beating by being badly compared to Muffet--i.e. Muffet has Geno's number. So don't feel alone in the bad things you perceived were said about Dawn--Even Geno get's it some time..

Reaction Score
Nice win tonight, congratulations. Tenn looked good for the most part. Holly tried to give game away with some :eek: clock management but your players pulled it out.

However, with all due respect, the SEC isn't brutal. The AAC teams beat each other up, too, but that doesn't make them powerhouses.

Agreed. I do not see Murderers Row when I see Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Vandy, and so many more.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Now I know why UConn should be and must be #1 ....

:rolleyes:

Did I say somebody voted either SC or TENN as #1 ?

According to your post, you obviously reached some epiphany about why UConn SHOULD and MUST be #1 (as if they weren't already) after watching tonight's game between two teams not-named UConn. So I'm asking... what exactly did you learn about UConn from tonight's game?

Reaction Score
I tuned in to late. Read on SM that Aja Wilson got t'd up. If so for what?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The funny thing about moderated posts is seeing what it is exactly that the mods consider too controversial for the Boneyard... lol

Reaction Score
According to your post, you obviously reached some epiphany about why UConn SHOULD and MUST be #1 (as if they weren't already) after watching tonight's game between two teams not-named UConn. So I'm asking... what exactly did you learn about UConn from tonight's game?
The future looks much brighter!! If you don't feel the awe most Uconn fans feel of their current status--you lurked this site and learned nothing--last year being number one was hoo hum, again number one--not so this year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The funny thing about moderated posts is seeing what it is exactly that the mods consider too controversial for the Boneyard... lol
No posts have been altered in this thread. The ability to change a post is something we use infrequently.

Reaction Score
looked to like she just tripped with either no contact or no-impact contact
I thought that the LV player may have caught her thigh in SC player causing her to trip. There definitely was contact. How much is debatable.. they move onto next show and there weren't too many replays that I saw to clarify.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Our defense hasn't been up to snuff and we stand around too much on offense. UT is much improved. Hopefully this loss will get their attention.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've just caught up to the game. A good win for UT. What was glaring to me was SC decision making under pressure and on set plays was atrocious. When UT showed motion on offense SC constantly lost their marks or were slow on switches. Gray was especially guilyy. Yes, by default she had to cover DD, but once they went to her as the 4 she was still average on defense. On offense Gray is a scorer, but that's her mindset. Often I'd see open bigs waiting for her pass for the easy shot, but once she had the ball it was shot time. Once SC's high/low game was nullified by UT they did however show an effective plan B. SC had no one that could cover DD, and she was their difference maker. Wilson took some nice 12 footers early then stopped late. Coates once again was a big disappoint in a big game.

As I've said a couple of times, I like Dawn, but against SC, I ain't sceerd. Not one bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom