Poll: Who Wins : TN or SC - Game Thread [MERGED THREAD] | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Poll: Who Wins : TN or SC - Game Thread [MERGED THREAD]

Tonight's winner will be:

• Tennessee

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 96 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Our defense hasn't been up to snuff and we stand around too much on offense. UT is much improved. Hopefully this loss will get their attention.

The Duke loss should have gotten their attention, I guess that was too far in the past.

Reaction Score
I tuned in to late. Read on SM that Aja Wilson got t'd up. If so for what?
She was called for a foul, and used some rather colorful language in response. I really think the technical was overkill; as I said in my earlier post on the matter, I've seen others do worse and never have the T called. The announcers disagreed and said it was deserved, so what do I know? :rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hidden Figures is a GREAT movie. What a story and shameful that it took a movie for it to become known.
The movie is EXCELLENT. I never knew the story about the women, both black and white, that worked for NASA. The movie is so uplifting, I can't imagine anyone that wouldn't enjoy it.

The movie was a film adaptation of a book by Margot Lee Shetterly. For those here in Connecticut, Shetterly will be the keynote speaker at Quinnipiac University in Hamden for their Black History Month event.

Black History Month Keynote Speaker: Margot Lee Shetterly

Reaction Score
An ND fan??? And I was just starting to like you. I bet you still wear your scapula (sp) .(and no bones about it)
No, no, no, not me! The ND guy asked whom he should ask forgiveness from. It's a picture of Touchdown Jesus.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
66128655.jpg

Reaction Score
SC did so many things to lose this game they didn't need any "help" from the refs. As always, some of the calls were questionable, but we UConn fans only emulate the ND folks when we succumb to the impulse to shout things like "the refs stole the game," etc. At the end of the day, it was a pretty entertaining game, the result of which carries very little meaning besides one night's bragging rights.

Reaction Score
it is a shame that officials have become such a big factor in games. The quick whistle with bogus calls is hurting the game. . . .not just the bad call at the end of the game . . . . Wilson's 3rd foul was a horrible call. And contrary to what Doris Burke said, she did not deserve a technical foul . . . . you are allowed to react to a horrible call
No, you're not! How many people pick up a technical when you rant about calls, good, bad or otherwise!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The movie is EXCELLENT. I never knew the story about the women, both black and white, that worked for NASA. The movie is so uplifting, I can't imagine anyone that wouldn't enjoy it.

The movie was a film adaptation of a book by Margot Lee Shetterly. For those here in Connecticut, Shetterly will be the keynote speaker at Quinnipiac University in Hamden for their Black History Month event.

Found out by reading today's paper that the author Shetterly did a book signing downtown yesterday. I never knew the story either..... and though Im not much of a movie person, I might have to check it out one of these days.

Reaction Score
She was called for a foul, and used some rather colorful language in response. I really think the technical was overkill; as I said in my earlier post on the matter, I've seen others do worse and never have the T called. The announcers disagreed and said it was deserved, so what do I know? :rolleyes:
I dunno if you're a player you need to just walk away if you find yourself ready to say something colorful to a ref. A coach generally gets a little more latitude. A player usually has none.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Officials gifted this one to Tennessee. Let's be real. Aja Wilson bogus 3rd foul and a travel by Jaime Nared that was also called a foul. Well played officials. Well played!

Yes and no. There was that spate of missed bunnies by Coates - I think there were three in a row in the third quarter or early fourth. Towards the end of the game, the kept fouling Nared, their best free thrown shooter, rather than pressuring her to pass and fouling someone else. Lots of other examples of missed opportunities.

But yes, even though the last foul was perhaps technically legit, with five seconds you let them play on.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I'll bet "ya girl Margo", is happier than a rooster in a hen house. I hope someone posts her podcast, I'd love to hear her take on tonight's game.

In this instance, shouldn't it be happier than a hen in a rooster house?

Reaction Score

As I read in one review, it's too bad the movie couldn't have been made when the events took place. Agree, great movie.

Reaction Score
Thank you.. I guess it depends how you direct colorful language.. :D

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Diamond scores over Wilson and Coates...Wilson comes back with a tough score over Russell...9 pt game...
Did you notice how Coates just moved out of the way?

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
As I read in one review, it's too bad the movie couldn't have been made when the events took place. Agree, great movie.
She was showing up the official who made the call (which was the right call) and another official called the tech, which is what he is taught to do. SC got the calls go against them that went against MS the other night.

Reaction Score
Wow the last foul call.... I hate talking about officiating... but the competency index in WCBB is low..... Why do Dee Kantner, Lisa Mattingly, and Brian Enterline get all the big games.... this clown who called the late foul that changed the whole game should sit for a while..... what was he watching.....

Nonetheless a good win for the LVs

I do not like any of the officials. I see offensive players drive to the basket with the sole intention of drawing a foul. . . all they need to do is drive to the hoop, then put their shoulder into the defenders chest and make contact. I see players stand still with their arms straight up get called for fouls all the time. This takes the best players out of the game.

Also, I saw at least 3 fouls with no contact tonight. The officials anticipate fouls on fastbreaks and blow their whistle before there is a foul. The " new rules are a joke ". Tonight Doris Burke said Mercedes Russell played great defense, when she backed off and allowed a USC post score on a lay-up.

Reaction Score
I do not care who won tonight.... But i do care that the officiating was horrible..... No wonder we see Kantner and Mattingly and Enterine on a cycle on a WCBB game that means anything......

I believe that if WCBB is to be taken seriously as a sport..... it MUST attract and train qualified officials..... nothing close to this ineptitude you see in the men's game.

Reaction Score
No, you're not! How many people pick up a technical when you rant about calls, good, bad or otherwise!

Did you hear a rant ? Wilson was not even close to an official. The rules for technicals is subjective, Tim Duncan was called for one for looking at an official... he said nothing. . . and did nothing

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Our defense hasn't been up to snuff and we stand around too much on offense. UT is much improved. Hopefully this loss will get their attention.
No way SC loses this game if Wilson had played most of the second quarter or if Dawn had brought her in sooner in the fourth quarter. She almost waited until the game got out of hand.

Reaction Score
Unless the committee wants a repeat of a Final Four like last year with a bunch of cinderellas, they better be watching Miss St., South Carolina, Maryland, Notre Dame, Florida State, and Washington like hawks from now until Selection Day to make sure these teams are seeded correctly. After UConn and Baylor it's going to be real hard to sort those teams out the way they are currently playing and because Brenda torpedoed her teams SOS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom