Tonight's winner will be:

• Tennessee

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 96 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I went with Tennessee and only because I watched SC play against Mississippi State and they barely won. That game was MS to win and they had some miscues that turned out differently for them. Tennessee has the capability of beating SC. It just depends which DS and company shows up to play tonight!

Reaction Score
Tenn is 4-5 away from home this year with losses to Penn St, Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, and Auburn.

Reaction Score
It being a home game for SCe, I have to go in that direction.
If the game was being played in Knoxville, I might have a different opinion. (But probably not ! )

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have always had this theory that Allisha Gray was the best player on UNC when Diamond won the National Freshmen of thee year. Tonight Allisha gets a chance to prove me right. She's been playing really well lately for SC so I'm going with SC. Also for those SC fans that have been biggin up Coates and TN fans that have been biggin up Russell-it's show time!

Reaction Score
Would not be surprised if TN wins in an grind it out type game played in the 50s... also would not be surprised if they get blown out by 20. Never can tell which TN team is going to show up...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have always had this theory that Allisha Gray was the best player on UNC when Diamond won the National Freshmen of thee year. Tonight Allisha gets a chance to prove me right. She's been playing really well lately for SC so I'm going with SC. Also for those SC fans that have been biggin up Coates and TN fans that have been biggin up Russell-it's show time!

I was also always impressed with Gray. She seems so calm and unflappable.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Would not be surprised if TN wins in an grind it out type game played in the 50s... also would not be surprised if they get blown out by 20. Never can tell which TN team is going to show up...
There is no way SC is losing to Tenn- #1 Tenn has won against good teams without strong front courts, SC will crush them down there;#2 Tenn struggles on the road against good team, #3 SC is very good at home. #4 Dawn Staley will not be out coached by Holly. #5 SC has enough Guard play to offset DD.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Last time this question was asked I stated that TN would beat ND in a squeaker and then lose to the next unranked team they played (Auburn). No reason to change the bet now. The Vols edge the Gamecocks only to lose to their next unranked opponent (LSU).

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I want Dawn to win, but I just hope against hope that the game doesn't turn into another SEC stop-slop-n-slug fest. Just not another game of bruteball. I want women's basketball to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I went with Tennessee and only because I watched SC play against Mississippi State and they barely won. That game was MS to win and they had some miscues that turned out differently for them. Tennessee has the capability of beating SC. It just depends which DS and company shows up to play tonight!

Mississippi State is a really good team, so it's no knock on South Carolina to have barely pulled out the win last week. I agree, that game was Mississippi's for the taking, if only they had not missed those three of four shots in a row in the last couple of minutes.

Tennessee is a really inconsistent team that lives up to its raw talent and skill level only in fits and starts. If Good Tennessee/DeShields shows up, it could be every bit as good a game as last Monday's nail biter. If Bad Tennessee/DeShields shows up, it could be an an absolute train wreck in the making at Thompson-Boling Arena, and who among us would not want to see that? Either way, it's bound to be entertaining, and straight up, I'm going with South Carolina.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, even if South Carolina wins big tonight, the poll above (spoiler alert!) gives Tenn a ~25% chance.

I am thinking how this time last year I thought Holly was completely dead in the water, not only with a crappy team but with no recruits. But now, here she sits with a somewhat less than crappy team (at least at times) and a lot of recruits heading her way. My miscalculation makes me feel completely humble. Okay! that feeling has passed. :)

Reaction Score
Have a feeling Tennessee pulls this one off, Mercedes and Nared have shown a big and consistent improvement from last year and Diamond has been playing like an AA (Lately).

Reaction Score
One could say this about either team, of course, but what the outcome REALLY depends on is which Tenn team shows up. My guess?: their typical road team...ergo, SC wins.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I also have enjoyed the inconstancy of UTenn.
But I think they just may pull this off.
I haven't been much impressed by the top-5 at all of late.
(#1 excepted).

Reaction Score
I also have enjoyed the inconstancy of UTenn.
But I think they just may pull this off.
I haven't been much impressed by the top-5 at all of late.
(#1 excepted).

Baylor has been playing well. A clear #2.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Baylor has been playing well. A clear #2.

Well sure

Except: (speaking of January only):

They scored 68 points in a 16-point win against unranked Iowa State
They scored 79 points in a 6 point win over #24 West Virginia.

Last two games were better.

Ok grant them a clear #2, with a distinct separation between them and us and perhaps widening.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Last time this question was asked I stated that TN would beat ND in a squeaker and then lose to the next unranked team they played (Auburn). No reason to change the bet now. The Vols edge the Gamecocks only to lose to their next unranked opponent (LSU).

If you come out right on this, then I vote we all send you a buck or two and have you buy the next round of Powerball tickets! :)

Reaction Score
2nd question: what's the over/under? (Betting term that refers to the total points scored in the game.)

I'll go with 115.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom