Votes: 12 11.1%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 96 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
With 2.5 seconds left, SC has the ball at the arc. Cuevas flings a wild shot that has no reasonable chance. She got two big three-point hits for Dawn late, then follows that with yet another one of her bad decisions. If she could ever find some positive consistency to go with her skill set, she could be very, very good. As it is, she is often as not a liability.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Would not be surprised if TN wins in an grind it out type game played in the 50s... also would not be surprised if they get blown out by 20. Never can tell which TN team is going to show up...
Kudos kudos kudos to you! I was wrong on this. Nared, Deshields and Russell all showed up and showed the SC weakness! I will let you bask in your foresight. Congrats.

Reaction Score
We all disparage Holly; me as much as anyone
But she had a sound plan for the beginning
Go right at the SC bigs with their propensity to foul
And they fell right into it.

Fully agree with this. Holly's team actually showed up with the discernable game plan you described. More amazingly, they executed against it quite effectively and consistently. Somebody pick me up off the floor when I regain consciousness!

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well, this certainly takes some of the luster off of the UCONN vs SC game. I have a feeling that things will get out of hand in that game.

Reaction Score
When I was growing up we used to cruise the Piggly Wiggly parking lot, AKA the "hog lot" on Friday and Saturday nights. The down to Sonice and then back to the "hog lot."
Our "hot lot" was the A&W Root Beer drive in. The other end of the cruising circuit was Sparky's hamburgers (15 cents each, before McD's took off). We had a Piggly Wiggly, but their parking lot was pretty dark and empty on a Friday night.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
FWIW, they just showed the SC-TN finish on a break during the Duke-ND men's game. Jay Williams and Seth Greenberg both agreed, "Really bad call." Maybe it's good to have some controversy in order to get the extra exposure.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Misery loves company and now us ND fans have company in club of Big Monday losers to Tenn.

I would like to congratulate LSU on being the beneficiaries of the inevitable Lady Vol letdown.
It's funny cause it's true... and ya know.... LSU plays primarily ZONE....

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
look. SC whined all night about fouls. it paid off as they stopped calling fouls for most of the second half against them. they put themselves in a position to lose and they lost. one possession doesn't make a game. i frankly think they underestimated the Lvs

By watching Dawn's after practice meetings with the media for the past week I can assure you that SC didn't.. Tennessee just was the better team today. That should make you happy.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I guess that one male ref is persona non grata in SC to say the least. Same ref who made a bad call on Wilson then T'd her up also blew that last foul call. I don't like UCONN in close games that's for sure.

He wasn't the one who called Wilson's 3rd foul, but he did call the T.

Reaction Score
I am also one of the 12 that picked UT, they have shown great improvement over the last few games. UT was the better team the entire game and they should be given the credit due to them. Nared, Russell and DeSheilds are legit, they will be a threat to teams 2-64 in the tournament, I do not see them making the F4 though. IMHO they won despite their coaches.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'll bet "ya girl Margo", is happier than a rooster in a hen house. I hope someone posts her podcast, I'd love to hear her take on tonight's game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tennessee now has wins over 3 of the committee's top 12 teams, including one on the road. Some on this board may not want to hear this, but Tennessee is creeping its way into the discussion for a top-16 seed and the right to host. Not saying they're there yet, but they're in the discussion.

And with Arizona State falling apart..... and Kentucky losing tonight and probably thursday.... they are indeed moving up the list.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
SC got hosed especially on that last foul. Only question for me is does that fuel them in about two weeks?

Reaction Score
Well, this certainly takes some of the luster off of the UCONN vs SC game. I have a feeling that things will get out of hand in that game.
Awwww! Darn. And I was hoping for such a ...oh, well.

Reaction Score
Officials gifted this one to Tennessee. Let's be real. Aja Wilson bogus 3rd foul and a travel by Jaime Nared that was also called a foul. Well played officials. Well played!
I only watched the 2nd half and saw at least 4 brutally bad calls. Hope we don't get this set of refs for anything.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
There is no way SC is losing to Tenn- #1 Tenn has won against good teams without strong front courts, SC will crush them down there;#2 Tenn struggles on the road against good team, #3 SC is very good at home. #4 Dawn Staley will not be out coached by Holly. #5 SC has enough Guard play to offset DD.
Wow did I miss the mark on this. While Tenn earned the win, I think SC will be in a beep of trouble against UConn.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more, BostonCanuck about it being a great game. Sure there were bad calls (gasp! that's never happened before) and sure there was some pretty questionable playing and coaches (gasp! again). But this was a really, really entertaining game. Anyone inclined to give WCBB a chance, probably watched to the end. It was good for the game.

Thanks you. Thank you.

Sure, I'm not happy about the ending.. but there's so much complaining in this thread about everything. "Neither team runs offense"... "Terrible coaching on both sides".. "THAT was the number 4 team?"... "This game is terrible" etc.

Sure, the ending was controversial.. but this is the 2nd week in a row that we've been able to watch a REALLY entertaining WCBB game on Big Monday and it was FUN and GOOD for the game.. and judging by the reaction on social media I'm not the only that thinks this. Not every team is going to look like UConn because Geno Auriemma doesn't coach every team in the United States (perhaps he should, but he doesn't unfortunately).. so accept that as fact and ENJOY THE GAME.

:D:rolleyes:

Also, great game Lady Vols. They came to play from the start and beat us at our own game. I'm looking forward to this three-way race for the regular season and tournament title..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Misery loves company and now us ND fans have company in club of Big Monday losers to Tenn.

I would like to congratulate LSU on being the beneficiaries of the inevitable Lady Vol letdown.
what are you doing posting, when ND is still within striking distance of Duke in MCBB?
BTW, it's "we ND fans";)

Thanks you. Thank you.

Sure, I'm not happy about the ending.. but there's so much complaining in this thread about everything. "Neither team runs offense"... "Terrible coaching on both sides".. "THAT was the number 4 team?"... "This game is terrible" etc.

Sure, the ending was controversial.. but this is the 2nd week in a row that we've been able to watch a REALLY entertaining WCBB game on Big Monday and it was FUN and GOOD for the game.. and judging by the reaction on social media I'm not the only that thinks this. Not every team is going to look like UConn because Geno Auriemma doesn't coach every team in the United States (perhaps he should, but he doesn't unfortunately).. so accept that as fact and ENJOY THE GAME.

Also, great game Lady Vols. They came to play from the start and beat us at our own game. I'm looking forward to this three-way race for the regular season and tournament title..
Just setting us up for the 13th, huh? :) :) Seriously, sorry for SC that it didn't work out, but, yes, that was 2 hrs very well spent!

Reaction Score
Right you are. To whom shall I pray for forgiveness?
library2_sm.jpeg

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Thanks you. Thank you.

Well said.

Reaction Score
Awwww! Darn. And I was hoping for such a ...oh, well.
Think of this javaman: you couldn't lose---picking either or both to lose. For a Uconn fan this was a win win---now when we meet the Vols in the NCAA's --hmmm/???
Uconn's ranking going into the NCAA's (baring a loss in the AAC) should give them good seeding. It's not a shoe in yet---but getting better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom