Votes: 12 11.1%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 96 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Geez. SC is making a habit out of living and dying by the calls and no-calls in the final seconds.
They don't rely as much on free throws as years past but to some degree yes, especially in their last few games.
look. SC whined all night about fouls. it paid off as they stopped calling fouls for most of the second half against them. they put themselves in a position to lose and they lost. one possession doesn't make a game. i frankly think they underestimated the Lvs
They may have underestimated them but they also have a few systemic problems that have been showing up on the offensive and defensive end since conference play started that they largely hide with talent vs lesser opponents. Even still they are a good team. They will play well the next game out.

Reaction Score
C3diccQWIAAt2q2.jpg:large

Reaction Score
Tremendous game! A lot of us may be eating a little crow about our predictions, but so what? This was such good fun to watch. For what it's worth, I find myself agreeing with that last call. When they showed the second camera angle, right before signing off, it looked much more like the blocking foul that was called. However, that's not the angle the ref who called it had.

I think Dawn let her bigs sit for too long on a couple of occasions, and that's probably what cost her the game. Regardless, this is the second Monday in a row that South Carolina has underperformed, albeit not in a big way. I've been saying for a couple of weeks now that UConn is going to dispatch them with relative ease, and this of course reinforces that view.

I'm really happy for the Lady Vols. As bags said, they left it all on the floor tonight. A well deserved, admirable win.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Officials gifted this one to Tennessee. Let's be real. Aja Wilson bogus 3rd foul and a travel by Jaime Nared that was also called a foul. Well played officials. Well played!

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more, BostonCanuck about it being a great game. Sure there were bad calls (gasp! that's never happened before) and sure there was some pretty questionable playing and coaches (gasp! again). But this was a really, really entertaining game. Anyone inclined to give WCBB a chance, probably watched to the end. It was good for the game.

Reaction Score
look. SC whined all night about fouls. it paid off as they stopped calling fouls for most of the second half against them. they put themselves in a position to lose and they lost. one possession doesn't make a game. i frankly think they underestimated the Lvs
Maybe they were looking past the LadyVols down the road. :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Tennessee now has wins over 3 of the committee's top 12 teams, including one on the road. Some on this board may not want to hear this, but Tennessee is creeping its way into the discussion for a top-16 seed and the right to host. Not saying they're there yet, but they're in the discussion.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Officials gifted this one to Tennessee. Let's be real. Aja Wilson bogus 3rd foul and a travel by Jaime Nared that was also called a foul. Well played officials. Well played!

You have to adjust to the way the refs are calling the game. After many hours of therapy I have learned to accept that refs don't cost anyone a game.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Neither team does much more than play schoolyard BB
Mind you, I admire schoolyard BB, played a lot of it myself, still do (a bit)
Dribble the ball around the perimeter, pass to the player who's hot, execute a pick and role, once in a while if you've got a productive big...try to hit your layups...
that's the basic O of both teams

How many layups did SC miss is the last five minutes? Was it 4 or 5?...game right there.
Why foul their only 90% foul shooter....3x
Can't you at least try to keep her from getting the ball?

We all disparage Holly; me as much as anyone
But she had a sound plan for the beginning
Go right at the SC bigs with their propensity to foul
And they fell right into it.

I suppose its theoretically possible for UConn to lose to a team(s) that play like that
But I wouldn't bet on it.
So
How many coaches are out there that coach real BB?
I used to think Muffet, but based on this season, I'm not really sure...ok let's give her the nod
Tara, for sure
Who else?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I guess that one male ref is persona non grata in SC to say the least. Same ref who made a bad call on Wilson then T'd her up also blew that last foul call. I don't like UCONN in close games that's for sure.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Ha! I know PW, but they don't have those in CT

When I was growing up we used to cruise the Piggly Wiggly parking lot, AKA the "hog lot," on Friday and Saturday nights. Then down to Sonic and then back to the "hog lot."

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Neither team does much more than play schoolyard BB
Mind you, I admire schoolyard BB, played a lot of it myself, still do (a bit)
Dribble the ball around the perimeter, pass to the player who's hot, execute a pick and role, once in a while if you've got a productive big...try to hit your layups...
that's the basic O of both teams

How many layups did SC miss is the last five minutes? Was it 4 or 5?...game right there.
Why foul their only 90% foul shooter....3x
Can't you at least try to keep her from getting the ball?

We all disparage Holly; me as much as anyone
But she had a sound plan for the beginning
Go right at the SC bigs with their propensity to foul
And they fell right into it.

I suppose its theoretically possible for UConn to lose to a team(s) that play like that
But I wouldn't bet on it.
So
How many coaches are out there that coach real BB?
I used to think Muffet, but based on this season, I'm not really sure...ok let's give her the nod
Tara, for sure
Who else?

SC needed four good bigs on the team instead of two.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I'm keeping my lack of worry unofficial. Dawn will be crazy not to use this to whip them up and treat UConn as do or die.
Unfortunately for her UConn is nothing like Tennessee. If she thought Tennessee in transition was hard to guard wait till they see those Huskies flying all over the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom