Poll: Who Wins : TN or SC - Game Thread [MERGED THREAD] | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Poll: Who Wins : TN or SC - Game Thread [MERGED THREAD]

Tonight's winner will be:

• Tennessee

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 96 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
nah I was just talking about an "off night" for ND and SC... you don't think anyone helped create that "off night", I do, Tennessee Lady Vols. According to everyone here even on a "off night" we expected South Carolina and Notre Dame to beat Tennessee

I'll let them celebrate however they want, UConn celebrate when they win (pats and hi-fives etc.) and dont let Molly or Irwin make a basket geesh. All while up by 50. So yeah I have no problem with unranked Tenn beating a top 5 team (SCar or ND) and dancing their lil heads off.

All the other coaching stuff I didnt even read... I dont care about all that but the young ladies on the court with bruises, blackeyes and bumps I respect so yeah a win is a win and how you celebrate is your thing,
Ya I have no problem with anything you say..... in fact i agree with a lot of it

Yes TN played well no question and i have given them credit.... what i do not have at all is any faith that they will be able to turn into a consistent basketball team... tho i hope for their sake they do

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Ya I have no problem with anything you say..... in fact i agree with a lot of it

Yes TN played well no question and i have given them credit.... what i do not have at all is any faith that they will be able to turn into a consistent basketball team... tho i hope for their sake they do
I know with a team of All-Americans they shouldnt be losing to the lesser teams... even on a off night.

I wish the did have Tea Cooper tho, but who know it may have made things worse... it is what it is, lets see how it plays out.

I know if UConn loses to SCar does that make Tennessee better than UConn :D

Reaction Score
I know with a team of All-Americans they shouldnt be losing to the lesser teams... even on a off night.

I wish the did have Tea Cooper tho, but who know it may have made things worse... it is what it is, lets see how it plays out.

I know if UConn loses to SCar does that make Tennessee better than UConn :D
Well one thing i can say is ..... UConn will show up for EVERY game.... cannot say the same for your Lady Vols.... 2 games ago Mercedes looked dead on the floor.... Diamond's body language says something very definite a lot of nights.....

Te'a Cooper being out has hurt no question....

Tell me Daddy, do you realistically think LVs have realistic chance at winning the title this year?

Reaction Score
UCONN plays hard every possession of every game. TN has not shown that at all. I will say this...out of all the LVs teams since 2009 this is the toughest most talented team. they don't throw in the towel. the fall from the top was long and hard. it will take time. and everyone knows i have been a holly critic BUT i also like to be objective. she has beat ND, Stanford, SC, and KY this year. i will take that every season.... if we had taken care of business against the other sub-par teams, we would be riding high right now. there's a lot of ball left. i want to see them demolish LSU after a big win at SC. then we will have an idea of where their heads are at. so up and down...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Well one thing i can say is ..... UConn will show up for EVERY game.... cannot say the same for your Lady Vols.... 2 games ago Mercedes looked dead on the floor.... Diamond's body language says something very definite a lot of nights.....

Te'a Cooper being out has hurt no question....

Tell me Daddy, do you realistically think LVs have realistic chance at winning the title this year?
No, honesty I dont know who has a chance... its totally up in the air.... BUT UConn players listen and follow instructions soooo well I wouldnt be surprised to see them win it again. Which says a lot about the other "elite" teams.

I dont follow Baylor enough to know about them... and FSU with Romero may be different than who UConn face early in the season without her. What is their record at this time anyways?

Reaction Score
No, honesty I dont know who has a chance... its totally up in the air.... BUT UConn players listen and follow instructions soooo well I wouldnt be surprised to see them win it again. Which says a lot about the other "elite" teams.

I dont follow Baylor enough to know about them... and FSU with Romero may be different than who UConn face early in the season without her. What is their record at this time anyways?
Yes for my money it is UConn, ND, SC or Baylor... I do not see any other team rising to the occasion.... to go the haul of 6 victories..... we will see

Reaction Score
UCONN plays hard every possession of every game. TN has not shown that at all. I will say this...out of all the LVs teams since 2009 this is the toughest most talented team. they don't throw in the towel. the fall from the top was long and hard. it will take time. and everyone knows i have been a holly critic BUT i also like to be objective. she has beat ND, Stanford, SC, and KY this year. i will take that every season.... if we had taken care of business against the other sub-par teams, we would be riding high right now. there's a lot of ball left. i want to see them demolish LSU after a big win at SC. then we will have an idea of where their heads are at. so up and down...
Yes LV9, you have always had a level head when assessing the LVs.... and yes wow, did they ever show up for ND and SC.... something shifted into gear for them in those 2 games.... I am reticent to give credit to Holly, she has just seemed to be clueless for too long for me to believe that she suddenly has mastered the art of coaching.... but hey maybe.... for the time being, my plan by default is to give the ball to Diamond and let the chips fall where they may.

Reaction Score
looked to like she just tripped with either no contact or no-impact contact
After seeing the replays several times it looked to me like she stepped on top of the defender's foot, and, as she said herself postgame, just tripped. I don't think that is ever considered a foul unless done intentionally, which it was not, and it should have been a travel. I'm not sure that their hands or bodies ever even brushed each other, making it one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And speaking of Tennessee, it appears that Moriah may have a new LadyVol teammate.

The Stars need lots of help at the post. Harrison will be a welcome addition. Another poster predicted that because Moriah had taken over the starting PG position, Danielle Robinson (returning from season ending injury) became expendable, they were right. I liked Harrison during her days at Tenn. I'll continue to follow her, Mo and the Stars this season. Finishing 7-27 (worst record in the league) last year, there's nowhere for the Stars to go but up!!. Go Stars.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
And speaking of Tennessee, it appears that Moriah may have a new LadyVol teammate.

I thought Izzy looked pretty good when I saw her play, especially given that she was recovering from knee surgery. This could be an excellent fit.

Reaction Score
Yes LV9, you have always had a level head when assessing the LVs.... and yes wow, did they ever show up for ND and SC.... something shifted into gear for them in those 2 games.... I am reticent to give credit to Holly, she has just seemed to be clueless for too long for me to believe that she suddenly has mastered the art of coaching.... but hey maybe.... for the time being, my plan by default is to give the ball to Diamond and let the chips fall where they may.

i think it's a mix of Holly getting more experience and the team just playing harder. but as we know, everything can fall apart at any time for this team. if they sweep the rest of their games and make a solid showing in the tourney, i will be more willing to "believe." ha in other news, they finally got their locker room back. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
they still do the locker room thing, geesh... that motivates you to play better, these aren't 10yr old boys and Xbox

Reaction Score
i think it's a mix of Holly getting more experience and the team just playing harder. but as we know, everything can fall apart at any time for this team. if they sweep the rest of their games and make a solid showing in the tourney, i will be more willing to "believe." ha in other news, they finally got their locker room back. :)
Yes, i think the team has kicked it into gear.... I have no belief and have never had any belief in Holly, and try to bite my tongue when talking of her coaching style and prowess.... cause it sounds like a slam against the team...

Having said that, I am happy for you and yours that something has clicked and the team is hitting on the cylinders.... I was impressed that they stepped past the potential ditch of LSU, and hope for your sake they do the same Sunday at Georgia.... again credit to the team and especially Diamond.... wow another game with high assists and low turnovers.... that is a recipe for success.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom