PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 24 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MAL and Diallo have nothing to do with each other. Diallo would be here for 1 year at shooting guard, MAL would be here for several at point guard.
Maybe it's just me, but I feel that IF Diallo comes here, he's gonna play more 3 than 2. In 17-18, our backcourt could theoretically be Gilbert, Adams, MAL, and Vital. Of course in terms of a 2 Diallo fits better than any of them, but he's got height (6'6"ish), length, and athleticism more than enough to play on the wing for us. Also allows Gilbert and Adams to start together in the backcourt; that's two insane ball handlers, something we know KO loves.

Reaction Score
That would be a very small team....a 6'1" small forward. I get we have played three guards just not sure all three of them were 6'2" and under......better have some beasts on the boards...

Reaction Score
MAL said in his latest Zagsblog story that after the Vegas tourney his body was basically dead
Yeah I've watched him a lot this summer and saw nothing special at all. But I too read this and what I saw probably was due to fatigue.

Reaction Score
That would be a very small team....a 6'1" small forward. I get we have played three guards just not sure all three of them were 6'2" and under.better have some beasts on the boards...

I think you mean 6'1 pg which is fine. Hami D is 6'6

Reaction Score
shocked @ people calling MAL a point guard, dude hasn't ran the 1 in several years and definitely not since he started getting evaluated seriously. he is more in the monta ellis mold combo leaning toward flat out scorer guard. you could say the same about jalen, however he got reps at the point for mass rivals.

Reaction Score
I don't care what position they will play, just get someone to commit already!!!!

Reaction Score
shocked @ people calling MAL a point guard, dude hasn't ran the 1 in several years and definitely not since he started getting evaluated seriously. he is more in the monta ellis mold combo leaning toward flat out scorer guard. you could say the same about jalen, however he got reps at the point for mass rivals.

MAL is a point guard. Bede plays off the ball. For Cushing and Mass Rivals MAL is the primary ball handler.

Reaction Score
Jalen is a point guard and MAL is a point guard.

Reaction Score
Should we be nervous he never makes it to campus if Louisville is first? Never know if it is better to be first or last visit

Reaction Score
I feel like I've read this article already but didn't see it posted here. From the New Haven Register. A little more than was in Borges' blog.

Recruit Makai Ashton-Langford, longtime UConn fan, will visit Storrs in September

But just like Adams shared similarities with Napier (both from Roxbury, Massachusetts; both boast the clutch gene) but is a very different player, the same is true with Ashton-Langford and Adams.

Ashton-Langford hails from Worcester, not Roxbury. He’s also more of a natural point guard than Adams.

One similarity they share, however: both grew up UConn fans. Particularly Ashton-Langford.

“I’ve always loved UConn,” he said on Saturday.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
One similarity they share, however: both grew up UConn fans. Particularly Ashton-Langford.

I guess we deliver the MA market... with recruits.

Reaction Score
I feel like I've read this article already but didn't see it posted here. From the New Haven Register. A little more than was in Borges' blog.

Recruit Makai Ashton-Langford, longtime UConn fan, will visit Storrs in September

But just like Adams shared similarities with Napier (both from Roxbury, Massachusetts; both boast the clutch gene) but is a very different player, the same is true with Ashton-Langford and Adams.

Ashton-Langford hails from Worcester, not Roxbury. He’s also more of a natural point guard than Adams.

Natural point guards again. Waters is more of a natural point guard than MAL, who is more of a natural point guard than Adams, who is more of a natural point guard than Gibbs, who is more of a natural point guard than either of his brothers.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure that point guards aren't naturally occurring.

Reaction Score
MAL is a point guard. Bede plays off the ball. For Cushing and Mass Rivals MAL is the primary ball handler.
Just an FYI on Bede:

A stock rising star in July, Wabissa Bede is down to Butler, LaSalle, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Virginia Tech according to Andrew Slater of 247Sports.

Bede, a 6-1, 180-pound point guard from Lowell (Mass.) Cushing Academy, is ranked No. 79 in the Top247. He is a deft shotmaker who also possesses a string point guard game.

A strange list for a kid ranked No. 79.

Reaction Score
Surprised Providence wasn't in harder on Bede, I know they were involved in the past, guess they're all in on MAL. Makes sense, kinda hard to recruit 2 kids from the same programs for one position.

Reaction Score
Just an FYI on Bede:

A stock rising star in July, Wabissa Bede is down to Butler, LaSalle, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Virginia Tech according to Andrew Slater of .

Bede, a 6-1, 180-pound point guard from Lowell (Mass.) Cushing Academy, is ranked No. 79 in the Top247. He is a deft shotmaker who also possesses a string point guard game.

I thought the same thing when I saw his list of schools on Twitter. Most of the highly ranked kids wait and wait seemingly to little benefit to choose their school like Diallo, Quade Green, Trae Young etc. They aren't going to get all that more highly ranked than they are and already have all the best offers. But Bede would probably have benefited from waiting a few months since his stock is rising late and quickly.

Reaction Score
Just an FYI on Bede:

A stock rising star in July, Wabissa Bede is down to Butler, LaSalle, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Virginia Tech according to Andrew Slater of .

Yeah and a strange list for a kid with a string handle as well as a deft shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom