PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have never heard of him but I like the fact that his uncle says that he wants to go to UConn in the comments.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He and jalen are going to be a sick backcourt tandem for their hs squad

Reaction Score
About a month ago I asked 3uconn about this kid because I have been so impressed watching him this summer. Almost every time I've seen him play he has been one of, if not the best player on the floor. He may be on the small side but a simple comparison would be a young Ryan Boatright. Like Boat he is tough as nails and the kid can hop! He is a lock down defender and will back down from no one. He first caught my eye when he took on the assignment of guarding Jermaine Samuels; giving up 6 inches to the 5 star recruit Ashton-Langford more than held his own.

Reaction Score
He and jalen are going to be a sick backcourt tandem for their hs squad

They also play for the same AAU squad. Although Adams plays with the main varsity team while Ashton-Langford plays a level down. Still I think it is a safe assumption that there is a good relationship between the two.

Reaction Score
They also play for the same AAU squad. Although Adams plays with the main varsity team while Ashton-Langford plays a level down. Still I think it is a safe assumption that there is a good relationship between the two.
Here's Adams passing to Ashton-Langford.

https://vine.co/v/M1xKXhUbmru

Reaction Score
seen him play last year for SPM in the Worcester city tournament, he did well.

Reaction Score
Here's Adams passing to Ashton-Langford.

You're right, I poorly explained earlier, Ashton-Langford does spend time with the main squad but is featured with the younger squad.

If you are unfamiliar with the workings of AAU think of it as high school with Varsity and JV. You can play up as many levels and you are able, and are allowed to suit up for multiple age groups at a given tournament. Do to injury and players travelling for various reasons Ashton-Langford and Wenyen Gabriel, and even Saul Phiri and Anthony Mack saw a fair amount of time on both squads. Also, there are events like "The Preview" in April every year; where teams only bring one team. I actually think this video is from that very event this past year. Their team went 2-0; Curtis Cobb played exceptional.

Between this kid and Tremont Waters and the stacked Team SCAN u16 squad I think I have watched as much if not more u16 than u17 at tournaments this summer

Reaction Score
I'm no expert but I prefer Waters - that being said, it doesn't seem to me that Waters wants to come. If Ashton-Langford does, that's a nice get. Also doesn't hurt with Gabriel if they talk up playing together (assuming Gabriel isn't a one and done).

Reaction Score
Scouts were raving about makai's defense on some of the top guards one of those bring waters. From the reports his offense is not quite as dynamic but he is a scrappy player who would fit the mold of an uconn guard. Mass rivals seems like they have been pumping out players left and right

Reaction Score
Scouts were raving about makai's defense on some of the top guards one of those bring waters. From the reports his offense is not quite as dynamic but he is a scrappy player who would fit the mold of an uconn guard. Mass rivals seems like they have been pumping out players left and right
yeah he has a very good physical profile, but isn't a 'skilled lead guard' at this point in his development. High upside, love him as a prospect no doubt.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
yeah he has a very good physical profile, but isn't a 'skilled lead guard' at this point in his development. High upside, love him as a prospect no doubt.

We have been blessed with "skilled lead guards" for the past 7-8 years, but I would be absolutely fine with a solid PG à la A.J. Price in '17.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
A.j price was a "skilled lead guard".

Maybe pre-injury, but you can't argue that he was in the mode of Kemba/Bazz for the bulk of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom