PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 26 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any chance in hell we can get both Waters and MAL? Or is Waters pretty much gone at this point?

Reaction Score
Any chance in hell we can get both Waters and MAL? Or is Waters pretty much gone at this point?

My best guess is one or the other. Been hearing a lot of Indiana and Waters now

Reaction Score
No. MAL has been prioritized by the staff and I think we get him soon. As another poster pointed out, Waters is really good but really small. That would be fine normally but a backcourt of Alterique and Waters would be historically small.

Reaction Score
We've all but moved on from waters, landing MAL would be the end. He's plan C.
I think the more relevant and interesting question would be does MAL close the door on Scruggs (who I'm guessing is option B in your post) or is there a scenario we end up with both?

Reaction Score
I think the more relevant and interesting question would be does MAL close the door on Scruggs (who I'm guessing is option B in your post) or is there a scenario we end up with both?

I think that would be a definite. My reasoning for Waters and MAL being possible is because they are both local and have appreciated the program for a long time. Scruggs would definitely get playing time over MAL, so he might not care quite as much about a MAL commitment as Waters would, but I doubt Ollie would do that. But you're right, maybe some of these guys would enjoy meeting up to form crowded but talented team, who knows?

Reaction Score
I think that would be a definite. My reasoning for Waters and MAL being possible is because they are both local and have appreciated the program for a long time. Scruggs would definitely get playing time over MAL, so he might not care quite as much about a MAL commitment as Waters would, but I doubt Ollie would do that. But you're right, maybe some of these guys would enjoy meeting up to form crowded but talented team, who knows?
That's a good point, I'm not really expecting him to come here whether or not we get MAL. Really the only scenario I could see him coming here after an MAL commitment would be if Scruggs and Wilkes were dead set on playing together in college, and even then there's a few other schools that could take them both.

Reaction Score
Finally a good mixtape of Makai. Thought the past videos didn't really give him his due. With Jalen an Alterique in front of him he will have plenty of time to work on that left hand. Liked Waters because he was a Connecticut kid but I think Makai has more upside an I think Ollie made the right decision with that. Jalen, Alterique, Makai, and Vitale is gonna be a tough out for any team.

Reaction Score
Really needs to work on a left. Every drive to the left is with the right. Every one. Scoop or reverse.
Hey he can at least drive left so as long as he can get a good lane and continue to execute 1:42 using his body to protect himself as he goes up

Reaction Score
Really needs to work on a left. Every drive to the left is with the right. Every one. Scoop or reverse.

Jalen is the same way. I hope he worked on it. The second half of the season it really impacted his finishing. Kid is ELITE with his right hand though. Just a so-so left is going to open up things a ton for him.

Reaction Score

Definitely. This actually helps him and other players like him with creativity around the hoop because they have to figure out ways to score with their right, no matter where the defenders are. But to reach the top level, he needs a left.

Reaction Score
He has really nice elevation on his jump shot, and a smooth stroke. My worries of his shooting are alleviated, plus never missed once! :rolleyes:
I was very concerned as well due to reports suggesting he really struggled with this. Looks good on this video. Obviously an amazing finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom