PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by husky99, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief00

Chief00

Not true Mrs. Miller.

I like our coaches but fair is fair. So you think the tour of facilities made the difference? The fact that they had a great time had absolutely nothing to do with it.

2. Stairmaster

Stairmaster Stainmaster?

No, you stopped being connected in September of 2012. Saying ridiculous stuff like this just proves how far removed you are.

3. Stairmaster

Stairmaster Stainmaster?

We have one of the most charismatic head coaches in the country and assistants who know their territory and specialize in recruiting it well and building relationships with prospects and families (Moore with Georgia and Gilbert, Miller with the NE preps and Diarra).

Re. "having a great time", we also have a team full of players with great personalities such as Jalen Adams, Steve Enoch, Rodney Purvis, Amida Brimah and others - I'm just noting by name the guys whom I've gotten good word on from my people on campus. These players and the rest of the team are able to set that atmosphere during the visit. For what it's worth, all of them have social connections on campus to show recruits a good time. The way you paint the picture, it's as if every one of those guys was in bed at 8:00 on a Saturday and Bunkey was the only one who could find a party. Turns out you are not only removed from the program, but the social scene on campus among UConn students and student-athletes themselves.

4. Chief00

Chief00

Question: And how many guys have we signed since Bunk left?
    Answer: Zero
    But expect one relatively soon.

5. Hungryhusky99

Hungryhusky99

Whos that?

6. Stairmaster

Stairmaster Stainmaster?

Alpha Diallo and Taurean Thompson? Who besides you is still broken up about missing out on them? Not important at all. Ollie, the staff, and the team will continue to close when it counts regardless of Bunkey's presence. They were what landed Gilbert, Jackson, Durham, Diarra, and Vital -- not Bunkey.

7. UConn990411

UConn990411

It's almost as if UConn never had enough talent before Bunk to win a championship...

Chief's life must be really sad for him to constantly have to fabricate stories on an Internet message board.

auror, Thirty Three and Matrim55 like this.
  8. Chief00

Chief00

Brimah is a great guy but for whatever reason Brimah and Samuel were very unsuccessful hosting recruits - sometimes it might have been Samuel sabotaging it for more playing time? I don't know.

At any rate, not until Samuel decided to transfer and KO changed the formula - more Purvis, Sam and Bunk - did our fortunes change - with Gibbs, Shonn Miller, Larrier and then the Top 5 signing.

However, since Bunk and Sam left - silence. I know you always argue that a correlation is not causation - but I will take a winning correlation any day rather than argue who gets credit.
    I think KO has good recruiting attributes - and he is gaining experience as is Ricky. Let's see what the new dude from Temple can do? Your boy Glen Miller has a role too of course.

As for 2012 and Calhoun's departure - I freely admit I love that man - especially his attitude and competitiveness. - but also his smarts, loyalty and big heart.

9. Burnsbros23

Burnsbros23

Who is Bunk?????

10. Mano

Mano Certified Bonehead

I mean, your character assassination game was already weak Chiefp00, but this is just ridiculous.

11. James

James

Not only is this shtick/troll old and beaten to a bloody pulp, its embarrassing to the board that some poster (clearly an adult male over the age of 40) keeps referencing an ex players friend by name. people just shouldn't entertain op in his mission to derail every thread here, theres no winning. I mean this is the same dude who made up hanging out with an nba player just to rile things up here. somehow he has 1500+ likes

12. sammydabiz

sammydabiz Ain't no party like my nana's tea party

He played a detective on The Wire, supposedly a big UConn fan

Rico444 and James like this.
  13. Matt1010

Matt1010

Who have we missed on since he left? Almost all the guys we are going after hard simply haven't committed anywhere yet. It's not like the kids are picking other schools and we are swinging and missing.

14. Burnsbros23

Burnsbros23

Well of course it hurts losing that bunk. How could anyone argue that? Mcnulty was nothing without him

15. James

James

sammydabiz likes this.
  16. pj

pj

A student who hung out with the basketball players.

17. navery12

navery12

I've just let your trolling go on without commenting because it's honestly sad, but for some reason this one I can't.

To say that Samuel was sabatoging recruiting visits so that he'd get more playing time is so ridiculously absurd and unfounded. You just spew nonsense non-stop these days

At this point you're just like Kobe, way past your time and don't know how to deal with that fact. Your boy Jim is gone and your peak importance is over, time to fade off into the sunlight and disappear

18. WhereistheDove?

WhereistheDove?

The Greek god of delusional geezers.

NYC_HUSKY22 likes this.
  19. JimOllie

JimOllie

A player I talked to today seemed 100% convinced that MAL will choose UConn.

20. UConnTrumbull

UConnTrumbull Simba Walker on Twitter

Any word on Mo Bamba and his visit today?

21. Hungryhusky99

Hungryhusky99

Believe the same was said about taurean thompson no?

22. JimOllie

JimOllie

Since Vital and TT were on their visit together, I asked how they liked it. Enoch told me they loved it and we should expect a commitment sooner rather than later. I wasn't quite sure if he meant one or both of them. But Vital ended up committing, TT didn't. The player I spoke to today wasn't Enoch BTW.

23. JimOllie

JimOllie

Unfortunately nothing. I had an hour lunch break so I camped out the basketball facility for that time and.....nothing. Lol.

24. JimOllie

JimOllie

What happened was I was talking to a player about whether or not JA will be back after this season. The player responded "I think so, but if not we'll have MAL to step in."

Huskyforlife, Ricker and mauconnfan like this.
  25. Hungryhusky99

Hungryhusky99

Was it larrier?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.