PC has the worst program in the Big East | Page 5 | The Boneyard

PC has the worst program in the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shouldnt PC fans be spending their time begging Baylor not to back down so that PC doesnt get booted over to the A10 during the realignment shuffle. I actually think the NESCAC would probably be more appropriate.
^lol. PC fans are hopeless.

Reaction Score
Seeing how it's been a few years since the Huskies have won up in FRIARTOWN; maybe you should be concerned.
True, but this coming year's talent discrepency is about as big as it's ever been. I'll stick with being more afraid of Pitt etc.

Reaction Score
I don't know,
It's funny, those years when pee cee has managed to beat UConn, they, for the most part, failed to win another game all year.
That's something I wouldn't brag about if I were a pee cee fan. BTW, it's all over this mornings radio, that the football schools will break from the non football schools and invite Kansas, Missou, & K-State to an all sport Big East. UConn & pee cee might never play again. Perhaps pee cee will play URI twice, for, let's say the Buddy Cianci trophy.........
Wee have some pretty bad teams at the bottom: Depaul, Seton Hall and USF come to mind along with PC. Take your pick.

Reaction Score
I'd definitely rather be a fan of PC than USF or Seton Hall. I'd rate PC and Depaul about the same. Maybe Rutgers a little ahead.

PC and Uconn will always be a little more heated because of the proximity but its definitely not a fierce rivalry. It could be one day if Cooley is the real deal. Its one of those rivalries that you don't know about unless you post on one of the teams message boards cus most people sure as hell don't consider it one and I didn't even realize some people considered it a rivalry before joining the Boneyard myself.

An increase in PC threads must be expected. They just landed two elite recruits and some of their fans are now trying to run the old Uconn forum. What is up with that by the way? Very strange stuff.
If Cooley has any success, he'll leave for a better job. If not he'll follow the long line of PC coaches to the unemployment line.

Reaction Score
If Cooley has any success, he'll leave for a better job. If not he'll follow the long line of PC coaches to the unemployment line.
Pitino, Barnes, Gillen(still paid by UVA btw), Welsh are all gamefully employed. UCONN hoops fans...never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Reaction Score
Pitino, Barnes, Gillen(still paid by UVA btw), Welsh are all gamefully employed. UCONN hoops fans...never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

PC education shining through. Well done. :rolleyes:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wow. This one takes the cake. Yes, those who had success moved on to other jobs (As Danzz claimed). I noticed that you didn't include people like Chiesa, Welch or Davis.

Reaction Score
Wow. This one takes the cake. Yes, those who had success moved on to other jobs (As Danzz claimed). I noticed that you didn't include people like Chiesa, Welch or Davis.
I did include Welsh. Chiesa is an assistant for the Utah Jazz. Davis just got canned. Not many coaches get jobs right after the axe falls.

So the "long line" is one guy. Way to make your point.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I did include Welsh. Chiesa is an assistant for the Utah Jazz. Davis just got canned. Not many coaches get jobs right after the axe falls.

Sean, why don't you go back to the Scout UConn board with the rest of your inferiority complexed PC crew. You're a bore.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

The initial point (which somehow still eludes you) was that a coach at PC is either successful and leaves as soon as possible (Pitino, Barnes, Gillen) or is a dud and eventually gets canned (Chiesa in no time, Welsh after a decade of not much and Keno).

Reaction Score

Welsh covered the UConn victory parade for SNY. He also was a featured interviewer for the hourlong tribute SNY paid to the National Champs. Welsh interviewed Calhoun during that tribute.
Heck, I remember a PC poster named BuddyPC who constantly came over to the UConn site(s) willing to bet any UConn fan that Welsh would be at PC longer than Calhoun would be at UConn.
Hummm, Welsh, Keno, and now Cooley. Calhoun is still here. But, hey, Welsh did a nice job on the UConn tribute.

Reaction Score
Again ... I have never clicked on a PC board. Why would I?

I simply don't think PC is that important a program. Our losses> I won't make excuses. PC played well ... and won a game. But, they have had such a far marginal performance over the last 15 years that I simply do not think about them until a day or 2 before a game. Cooley? I expect he'll be good. Boeheim or Calhoun good? Hell no. John Thompson III or Jamie Dixon good? Nope.

And thus we can chuckle about the PC takeover of a ghost Scout UConn board. Not a big deal.

Reaction Score
Again ... I have never clicked on a PC board. Why would I?

I simply don't think PC is that important a program. Our losses> I won't make excuses. PC played well ... and won a game. But, they have had such a far marginal performance over the last 15 years that I simply do not think about them until a day or 2 before a game. Cooley? I expect he'll be good. Boeheim or Calhoun good? Hell no. John Thompson III or Jamie Dixon good? Nope.

And thus we can chuckle about the PC takeover of a ghost Scout UConn board. Not a big deal.
Cooley might be really good.......He impressed me in a brief conversation with him...Doc Rivers things a lot of him and JC seemed more at ease with him than other coaches....laughing and conversant....He'll bring some respect back and might stay for awhile

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
He'll bring some respect back and might stay for awhile

I imagine he could do one or the other but I seriously doubt he do both.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
boy at this pace you guys are going to take this thread to the longest ever and prove that PC is the most important program in the history of UCONN. i'm seriously shocked you people can't let this thread die.

i mean really - i've read at least 30 posts in this thread talking about how irrelevant and unimportant PC is, and yet we are already over 115 posts that keep talking about it over and over and over and over...

Reaction Score
The initial point (which somehow still eludes you) was that a coach at PC is either successful and leaves as soon as possible (Pitino, Barnes, Gillen) or is a dud and eventually gets canned (Chiesa in no time, Welsh after a decade of not much and Keno).

So your mind blowing point is if a coach does well they get rewarded with a better job; if they do poorly they get fired. Does that sum it up?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
No. The point was that (with the possible exception of Gavitt, who for the record couldn't wait to relinquish his HC duties) PC has not had a successful men's basketball coach who did not leave for greener pastures.

Reaction Score
No. The point was that (with the possible exception of Gavitt, who for the record couldn't wait to relinquish his HC duties) PC has not had a successful men's basketball coach who did not leave for greener pastures.

Kind of like your football program

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Yeah. Good comparison. A program that has existed for a dozen years vs. one who has lost every successful coach who took the job since the mid 1950's.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Good comparison. A program that has existed for a dozen years vs. one who has lost every successful coach who took the job since the mid 1950's.
too funny; you're counting Mullaney who coached at PC for 15 years, won the NIT twice(equivilant of the NCAAs now) and left to coach the LAKERS. I assume you're counting Gavitt as well, for leaving to start the BE.

Reaction Score
sean why do you care and what do you expect pal? It's the "UConn" board - learn when and how to pick your fights as you seem to be an okay dude!

Reaction Score
sean why do you care and what do you expect pal? It's the "UConn" board - learn when and how to pick your fights as you seem to be an okay dude!
What I love is how most posters can dish it out...but can't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom