PC has the worst program in the Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PC has the worst program in the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
No doubt it's PC's biggest game of the year. Hopefully soon; it's yours.

No offense but unless you are expecting PC to get deep in the tournament, PC will never be UConn's biggest game. PC has to jump quite a few regular season BE games to be the biggest BE game for UConn (Cuse, Pitt, Gtown, UL, Villanova and SJU, I consider all to be bigger games). PC might be with ND, Marquette, Cincy and WVU, but only because of region and history. PC is ahead of SHU, SF, DePaul, and Rutgers. That's not even counting the big out of conference games which will likely trump a PC game, such as UK and UT last year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No doubt it's PC's biggest game of the year. Hopefully soon; it's yours.

OK, I hope PC becomes very good again

after the Huskies, I'm a fan of the BEAST

plus I love going to really big games

Reaction Score
of course they don't. when you have next to no "good news" on your program, when your last final 4 was over 30 years ago, and aside from track and field, your entire athletic program is craptastic, then every game against UCONN is a virtual NC game, and every win goes in their hall of fame. for us, it's a hall of shame as i think 99% of UCONN fans don't consider PC anything close to a rival. 'nova, pitt, syracuse, rutgers, and georgetown are different stories. but PC? laughing stock.
Well skippy, this "laughingstock" has been holding it's own over the last 10 years. Just ask Jerome Dyson.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well skippy, this "laughingstock" has been holding it's own over the last 10 years. Just ask Jerome Dyson.
well, princess, over the last 10 years PC has been a skid mark in the Big East along with the other bottom feeders. the sad part is that the lack of any kind of success in any sport has led to every game they play against UCONN to be the equivalent of a NC game. i'll take 3 NC's and multiple BE championships in the past 12 years over anything PC has accomplished in its' entire existence.

willie99

Reaction Score

how do you define "holding it's own"?

national championships? conference championships? elite eights? final fours? NBA draftees?

or is beating UConn "holding it's own" in your eyes?

Reaction Score
how do you define "holding it's own"?

national championships? conference championships? elite eights? final fours? NBA draftees?

or is beating UConn "holding it's own" in your eyes?

PC has control over ONE thing. How they do when they lace 'em up vs. the Huskies. Head to Head. Man to man. See you on Feb 28th.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Interesting that you started counting right after PC won 4 of 5.

I'll make a deal.

Providence can keep beating UConn at an abnormally high rate, and UConn can keep going to Final Fours and winning Big East/NCAA titles.

Reaction Score
PC has control over ONE thing. How they do when they lace 'em up vs. the Huskies. Head to Head. Man to man. See you on Feb 28th.

Come on Sean. I'm pretty sure PC has control over the other 29 games they play each year too. And until you win a few more of those, you'll continue to look really silly running your mouth on the message board of the defending National Champions.

Reaction Score
PeeCee is a complete joke, the fact that they think they can talk crap on us is laughable. They field a good team on average once a decade..... Go ahead and beat us every single year... I could care less..... if that means we make elite 8's and final 4's every other year and win titles every 5 years or so. It's hilarious that they talk about there glory years of Shamgod and making the Elite 8 15 years ago.... keep reminiscing PeeCee trolls. Within 5 years you will be part of the Atlantic 10 and long forgotten.

willie99

Reaction Score

well maybe they should try to win more than ONE game, maybe they should try to beat a few other teams

although losing to PC is a bad loss on our resume, we still manage to far exceed everything PC accomplishes in every sport combined

kinda silly for a PC fan to come here and talk , kinda like a Lions fan bashing the Patriots

Reaction Score
It's funny, those years when pee cee has managed to beat UConn, they, for the most part, failed to win another game all year.
That's something I wouldn't brag about if I were a pee cee fan. BTW, it's all over this mornings radio, that the football schools will break from the non football schools and invite Kansas, Missou, & K-State to an all sport Big East. UConn & pee cee might never play again. Perhaps pee cee will play URI twice, for, let's say the Buddy Cianci trophy.........

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You have to measure your victories however you can. We measure ours by Big East titles (regular season and tournament) and deep NCAA runs (preferably national titles but anything within a couple of wins of the title game does have value). If another school wants to consider one conference tournament title, won at a time when many now HS seniors were not yet born, no NCAA tournament wins since before most HS freshman were born and basically a .500 record against us over the past decade, they really need to consider giving up on big time college hoops.

I love the comment hoping that one day PC will be our bniggest game of the year. They'll first need to become not only relevant again but actually good, consistently good on a national level. After that they'll need to get in line behind Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt, Villanova, Georgetown, WVU, ND, Marquette, possibly St John's, possibly Cincinnati and for all we know any of rutgers, Seton Hall and DePaul.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why didn't PC ever play UConn when they were good (late 60's - early 70's)?

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why all the attention PC is getting on your new board. I realize that they have run a muck on our old board, but IMHO they are irrelevant. I realize they're a fellow BE member and like many border rivals, they've given us a some tough games over the years and have beaten us with lesser teams. I give them my do...or is it due...but I think it's time we just move on.

They have Dunn and Ledo, at least for now. Let's see what happens at the signing period and then again next fall if they show up or not. I'd much rather discuss UConn hoops. Yeah, I know I could ignore these threads, but just suggesting...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why all the attention PC is getting on your new board. I realize that they have run a muck on our old board, but IMHO they are irrelevant. I realize they're a fellow BE member and like many border rivals, they've given us a some tough games over the years and have beaten us with lesser teams. I give them my do...or is it due...but I think it's time we just move on.

They have Dunn and Ledo, at least for now. Let's see what happens at the signing period and then again next fall if they show up or not. I'd much rather discuss UConn hoops. Yeah, I know I could ignore these threads, but just suggesting...
it's because everyone posts on the threads and people don't ignore it and let it die. i'm as guilty of it as anyone else.

on the old board, people just can't help themselves. there are about 5 posters still replying to stuff over there. the football board is way worse as there's a poster who posted he can't stand temery (tom) and hopes the old FB boar dhas lots of articles and traffic.

Reaction Score
i kind of think its more funny to post over there and have them waste their time even more.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what it is worth, an improved PC is good for the league as they have been killing RPI for years. That said, their message board fans are annoying in a yapping dog kind of way. I still find it hard to care more about that game than say a Depaul game. A conference win is a conference win. Agree that people should stop feeding them on TOB. When a wayward fan shows up just PM them with our new location and leave the petrid remains of the website we left to the PC roaches.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm thinkin people are haven funnen.

Reaction Score

sean-baby the Huskies have trouble with the likes of Sacred Heart, New Hampshire and PC on occasion, it happens. The unfortunate thing with kids is they play to their competition and they haven't done a good job of showing up for the PC games admittedly. And because it is the biggest game in the lives of a PC athlete the opposite seems to happen for the Friars. Good news is the Huskies tend to find their way into about 5-8 more games a yearf than your Friars and you know what, that's a good thing.........in case you didn'tknow. It's been a while huh?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom