PC has the worst program in the Big East | Page 6 | The Boneyard

PC has the worst program in the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
too funny; you're counting Mullaney who coached at PC for 15 years, won the NIT twice (equivilant of the NCAAs now) and left to coach the LAKERS.

Wrong. When PC won the NIT it was the equivalent of the NIT now. A place for teams that didn't make it to The Big Dance. Like in 1963 when PC won the NIT because they lost out on making it to the NCAA's to, whaddaya know, UConn.

Reaction Score
What I love is how most posters can dish it out...but can't take it.
Sean it's because you are a fan of Providence College. It's one thing for us to "take it" from Syracuse or Pittsburgh fans. But it shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out why we get so annoyed by the PC fanbase. The amount of baseless trash talking on our boards from PC fans is just dumbfounding. And it's the same garbage we heard 12 months ago - the new hotshot PC coach is a savior and before we know it, PC will be the best program in New England, since Uconn is clearly on it way down. Go look up the posts from a year ago - they are identical to what is being said today. You guys were delusional then, and another Uconn National Championship later, you're still delusional today.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Once upon a time I would have been dumbfounded by the number of people unable to realize you are just having good natured fun going toe to toe with them. But thanks to the good Lord allowing me to hang around this world for a while I've come to realize that the concept of humor is different for different folks. Certainly some UConn posters understand your motives and in the spirit of good nature one ups manship are playing the same game. But others have a totally different concept of what you are doing. Or if they know what you are doing they find it unacceptable.

An MIT friend of mine once explained to me how much the microcosm and the macrocasm reflect one another. After a number of years I've found the pattern to be relevant. So this thread made me think of something about the way the body works. When pollen enters the blood stream a number of white blood cells get agitated resulting in their attacking the pollen. The pollen isn't causing, and won't cause, any damage to the body, but the undiscerning blood cells have no understanding of this. So they go to great efforts to neutralize this supposed invader. And after all their effort what do they accomplish? Their own self destruction as well as considerable damage to the body they are trying to defend. This process wastes a lot of energy and resources and causes a lot of collateral damage, all because the white blood cells are not programmed to understand what is really harmful from what is essentially inoccuous.

I guess I can characterize your presence here as being an inoccuous foreign body. The negative responses you are getting are the antibodies trying to neutalize you, and the forum is the body which, although not physically weakened by the immune response, may demonstrate what occurs in society.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So, did you just call him a little snot?
Funny, but unfortunately it technically is inaccurate. It would be the combo of sean and the posters response that make boogers. But ignore this correction because your response was brilliant.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
[QUOTESo, did you just call him a little snot?][/QUOTE]

:p
Love it!

Reaction Score
I doubt posters can't take it, sean. What you are trying to compare is UConn with Edsall leaving after 12 years. Well, I do believe he was the BE's senior coach at that time. 12 years is a long time for any coach to stay. But, using Joe Mullaney& Dave Gavitt as comparisons to lasting coaches. Yeah, they were good coaches, and lasted a long time, but Gavitt coached in the mid 60's to mid 70's. Mullaney was coach from the mid 50's to mid 60's. That's nice, but it's between 40-60 years ago.
Most UConn fans feel PC fans are still stuck in that 50's to 70's time warp. Coaches since Gavitt have come and gone for mostly bad result reasons. Pitino & Barnes moved on to what they considered greener pastures. Welsh lasted 10 years, but you guys wanted him fired over his last 4-5 years there.

Reaction Score
JC is a gift, a man that transformed a program and a University with the help of the BE, we should all be so fortunate, but don't discount the respect that JC has for Gavitt and what the BE helped him accomplish. This is not taking anything away from JC, he did it, he stayed and he continues to do it. Jealous? You bet! Hoping for one of own to stay? It could happen.
You could be right about your hopes for Cooley, FriarJ. I do agree regarding Calhoun and what he built here. Same with Geno, and to Edsall who, in 12 years brought UConn from 1-AA to a 2 time BE champ and a slot in a BCS bowl. Same can be said for Joe Maronne in soccer and Jim Penders in baseball. Bottom line is the right decisions were made in Storrs over the past 20+ years.
Regarding Providence, yes Calhoun & Dave Gavitt are friends. Moreso between Gavitt & Dee Rowe. Matter of fact Calhoun played at AIC in the 60's while Mike Tranghese was the teams announcer. They go back a long way. If it came to a vote as to eliminate a basketball school, or two, Calhoun is a true New Englander. I doubt he would vote to remove any team in New England

MTHusky

Reaction Score
JC is a gift, a man that transformed a program and a University with the help of the BE, we should all be so fortunate, but don't discount the respect that JC has for Gavitt and what the BE helped him accomplish. This is not taking anything away from JC, he did it, he stayed and he continues to do it. Jealous? You bet! Hoping for one of own to stay? It could happen.
A semi-sane PC post.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You nailed it. And there's nothing wrong with your fans hoping your current coach is the next JC. There's also nothing wrong with hoping you overtake UConn as the best team in New England (or the entire North East - maybe the country), but don't be surprised when UConn fans say it's not going to happen - we still have dreams too.

Reaction Score
You nailed it. And there's nothing wrong with your fans hoping your current coach is the next JC. There's also nothing wrong with hoping you overtake UConn as the best team in New England (or the entire North East - maybe the country), but don't be surprised when UConn fans say it's not going to happen - we still have dreams too.
Yonnick,

I'm not the one in the time warp. YOUR buddy brought up the mid-50's in his post. I merely pointed out the supidity of his post.

To the dude with the buddy from MIT: you and your pal should spend more time away from the dungeons and dragons board.

Is PC jealous of UCONN? You bet. Do we hope Ed Cooley stays a long time and brings PC back to relevancy? No doubt. Reality is; when your board continues to start threads with the sole purpose of bashing PC, and posters single out PC in recruiting interviews(see Wayne Seldon thread), you will have posters ciming over here with a chip on their shoulder. Do what you want; but don't cry foul when people fight back.

Bottom line: Don't start nuthin'; won't be nuthin

Reaction Score
Yonnick,

I'm not the one in the time warp. YOUR buddy brought up the mid-50's in his post. I merely pointed out the supidity of his post.

To the dude with the buddy from MIT: you and your pal should spend more time away from the dungeons and dragons board.

Is PC jealous of UCONN? You bet. Do we hope Ed Cooley stays a long time and brings PC back to relevancy? No doubt. Reality is; when your board continues to start threads with the sole purpose of bashing PC, and posters single out PC in recruiting interviews(see Wayne Seldon thread), you will have posters ciming over here with a chip on their shoulder. Do what you want; but don't cry foul when people fight back.

Bottom line: Don't start nuthin'; won't be nuthin
Well, gee wiz, Sean, you've arrainged for me to have some new "buddies" and "pals" Thanx.
One of the features on this site is when you reopen a thread it brings you to the post in which you left off on. That explains the Mullaney/Gavitt misunderstanding on my part.
I haven't read the Seldon thread yet, but, this thread was started, way back, when a UConn poster reacted to PC fans sabotaging the Scout site. You previously pointed out no anti UConn posts on the true PC site. But, a long anti PC thread on this board exists.
First, there usually are 2-3 anti UConn threads on PC's site, at most given times of the year. But, more important, the PC activity on UConn's Scout board is pathetic. Sure, it's only Keno, Gillen, Windy city, and Connfriar, plus a few others taking stabs. But, it's gone on for a few weeks. Don't these guys have a life.
Bottom line, yeah, this PC thread has gone on, here, for way too long. But, the behavior of 6-7 PC posters on the Scout site is far more bizzare.

Reaction Score
...Now the PC “moderators” of the old BY are making up %$#@! about PM’s from UConn fans praising their hard work, conference calls, litigators & lawyers….some high school kids have vivid imaginations when they have too much free time on their hands…

Reaction Score
Well, gee wiz, Sean, you've arrainged for me to have some new "buddies" and "pals" Thanx.
One of the features on this site is when you reopen a thread it brings you to the post in which you left off on. That explains the Mullaney/Gavitt misunderstanding on my part.
I haven't read the Seldon thread yet, but, this thread was started, way back, when a UConn poster reacted to PC fans sabotaging the Scout site. You previously pointed out no anti UConn posts on the true PC site. But, a long anti PC thread on this board exists.
First, there usually are 2-3 anti UConn threads on PC's site, at most given times of the year. But, more important, the PC activity on UConn's Scout board is pathetic. Sure, it's only Keno, Gillen, Windy city, and Connfriar, plus a few others taking stabs. But, it's gone on for a few weeks. Don't these guys have a life.
Bottom line, yeah, this PC thread has gone on, here, for way too long. But, the behavior of 6-7 PC posters on the Scout site is far more bizzare.

Yonick,

feel free to check the PC scout board and link these 2-3 anti-UCONN threads. Take all the time you need. As far as the old UCONN board, it is bizarre. It was funnny for a few days, not it's just wierd.

Reaction Score
Enough with the pissing contest. Pc looks to have brought in some good players of late. Somehow even down they manage to play us tough. Good luck to Cooley, just not too much luck. Peace out....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yonick,

feel free to check the PC scout board and link these 2-3 anti-UCONN threads. Take all the time you need. As far as the old UCONN board, it is bizarre. It was funnny for a few days, not it's just wierd.

These types of posts are useless. If you have anything of value to say, say it. Otherwise take a hike.

Reaction Score
Yonick,

Sean, my point was until the Uconn Scout board raid, the PC Scout board always had 2-3 anti UConn threads. I would say if you checked the PC Scout board from Jan. 11 through mid August 11 you will definately find plenty of anti UConn threads.
My original point is they now have another outlet. And, yes their participation there is quite weird.

MTHusky

Reaction Score
Yonick,

So why don't you tell your PC boyz to go away?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
of course they don't. when you have next to no "good news" on your program, when your last final 4 was over 30 years ago, and aside from track and field, your entire athletic program is craptastic, then every game against UCONN is a virtual NC game, and every win goes in their hall of fame. for us, it's a hall of shame as i think 99% of UCONN fans don't consider PC anything close to a rival. 'nova, pitt, syracuse, rutgers, and georgetown are different stories. but PC? laughing stock.
+1

MTHusky

Reaction Score
do you really live in Montana? Has it snowed their yet this season?
Yes I do and no it hasn't snowed here as of yet but I'm sure higher up in the mountains it has. Kalispell is 30 mi south of Glacier National Park and in the past we have had snow every month of the year.

Reaction Score
Yes I do and no it hasn't snowed here as of yet but I'm sure higher up in the mountains it has. Kalispell is 30 mi south of Glacier National Park and in the past we have had snow every month of the year.
I do believe I saw a light snow forecast for Thurs. somewhere in the northcentral portion of the country. I'll bet it's beautiful there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom