PATS!!!!!!!! | Page 10 | The Boneyard

PATS!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I can demonstrate this statement isn't true 1000x times.

There are 10x that many articles out there.

Start with Sally Jenkins of the Washington Post: NOT a Patriots fan.
Gary Myers of the NY Daily News. Dan Wetzel. How many more do you need?

And by the way, it is not Patriot fans bringing up Deflategate. The last 2 weeks have proven that.

Yet no one can explain why the guy is nicknamed The Deflator....

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yet no one can explain why the guy is nicknamed The Deflator...
Well I've heard a couple reasons.

Something something weight loss ab workout

And something something puffy coat

Think about those 2 items a minute.

Reaction Score
Yet no one can explain why the guy is nicknamed The Deflator...

Read above already. I answered you. But you never answered back when I put the question to you.

Reaction Score
Read above already. I answered you. But you never answered back when I put the question to you.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I see you said the balls weren't deflated by human hands. And that Brady liked them on the lower end of the range. But how'd he get the name "The Deflator"?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can demonstrate this statement isn't true 1000x times.

There are 10x that many articles out there.

Start with Sally Jenkins of the Washington Post: NOT a Patriots fan.
Gary Myers of the NY Daily News. Dan Wetzel. How many more do you need?

And by the way, it is not Patriot fans bringing up Deflategate. The last 2 weeks have proven that.

Add Peter King and many, many others. The consensus of almost everyone who isn't a reactionary anti-Patriots person is that the deflategate charges were nonsense. The league approach to checking air pressure in balls last season (they stopped bothering to follow the new rule) confirms it.

That said, Patriots fans are getting annoying, even to to me as a Patriots fan. The game is over, stop gloating. It's "on to 2017" for me. I'm more interested in the offseason moves & the draft, UConn basketball (remember that?) and the upcoming baseball season. Hell, I'm even interested in the Celtics, who are playing great with a young team and a crap-ton of draft picks.

Reaction Score
That's the essence of my point. They are the modern day equivalent of the Celtic fan of the past. And since they are New Englanders I used them as an example to argue against August's position about geography.

The fans on the women's forum are gracious only because their teams success is above everyone else and it's not even close. They were exactly like the men's forum when Tennessee still had an advantage on them.

The football forum is incredibly stoic. Only the strong have remained. Totally different presentation of arguments there from the men's forum so it's not just about fans who are testosterone driven.
And then the CR board is just AIDS.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Some fans, I should say a lot of fans make it very easy to hate the Pats. Whenever you critique something slightly your called a hater. Boston fans are just mad and whiny all the time, when their teams win they take out their frustrations out. Rather then enjoy winning a 5th Super Bowl, its Goodell Goodell, this is for the haters. They always play the victim card the refs are out to get us whenever a call goes against them, the league is out to get us. I agree Brady's 4 game suspension was bogus but to say the league is out to get the Pats get real. The fans booing him is fine I get that then you move on and enjoy your Super Bowl win.
In other words hater hate haters. Seems logical and illogical at the same time.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
And..there is your exhibit A on how queer Pats fans have become.
It's silly you make this an argument to deride Patriots fans when it's likely most of the people in this forum have watched the NCAA tournament runs for the UConn's mens bb team several times over the years. Well at least I have.

Between the Pats, Red Sox, UConn men's and women's bb championships (supporting my son's Phillies and his Coastal bb team) I don't have the time to look back at all of the times I've been thrilled in the last twenty years. Outside of this championship I've limited my reviewing games to the men's bb runs.

This one was so special because of the improbability of the accomplishment. Truly miraculous.

I'm sure if the UConn football team won an NCAA championship I'd watch that over and over again. That would be about the only thing more miraculous than this Super Bowl comeback.

Reaction Score
We're so much better than every organization in the league it's almost comical at this point. The amount of real estate BB owns in the heads of coaches around the league is enough to have its own area code. You just have to watch and wait for the opposing coaching staff to do something fatally stupid because of who's on the other sideline. JV vs Varsity each week.

Reaction Score
It's silly you make this an argument to deride Patriots fans when it's likely most of the people in this forum have watched the NCAA tournament runs for the UConn's mens bb team several times over the years. Well at least I have.

Between the Pats, Red Sox, UConn men's and women's bb championships (supporting my son's Phillies and his Coastal bb team) I don't have the time to look back at all of the times I've been thrilled in the last twenty years. Outside of this championship I've limited my reviewing games to the men's bb runs.

This one was so special because of the improbability of the accomplishment. Truly miraculous.

I'm sure if the UConn football team won an NCAA championship I'd watch that over and over again. That would be about the only thing more miraculous than this Super Bowl comeback.

No. It was the part about rewatching it and thinking they couldn't win and that you dreamt it. That was the queer part.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Anyone who insists the deflate gate charges were fiction, is a Patriot's fan.

LMAO You mean like all those preeminent scientists from MIT et al? The most thorough study of which was done by am Eagles fan? And a multitude of reporters who actually bothered to look into it?

I guess if the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

Reaction Score
Here's a fun little experiment:

Go find one of those long Giants threads, and see how many posts were made by non-Giants fans. Then, compare it to how many posts in this thread were made by non-Pats fans.

What's even funnier is how a lotta the non-Pats fans in this thread insist they don't hate the Patriots. You're not fooling anyone.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you're referring to. I see you said the balls weren't deflated by human hands. And that Brady liked them on the lower end of the range. But how'd he get the name "The Deflator"?

I said they weren't deflated by the two Doinks on that day. If they had, the balls wouldn't have come in exactly right where you'd expect them with no manual deflation.

I even said they may have deflated balls in the past, but not that day.

I then said that there were 3 texts mentioning "deflate" or "deflator." One text exonerated Brady. Another text mentioned deflate in relation to the puffy jacket (or, help me out, what is your interpretation of the link above? I see no one has even bothered to offer an alternative scenario to that text), and the third text, "deflator," was in the spring of the preceding year. If you read text 3 in this string, when Brady first found out about NFL rules regarding proper inflation, then the reading of text 1 doesn't make sense.

Besides, even if they were deflating balls in prior games, the balls were not deflated for the AFCCG.

Reaction Score
Here's a fun little experiment:

Go find one of those long Giants threads, and see how many posts were made by non-Giants fans. Then, compare it to how many posts in this thread were made by non-Pats fans.

What's even funnier is how a lotta the non-Pats fans in this thread insist they don't hate the Patriots. You're not fooling anyone.

Ok good thought, you do it ok? Nice idea get me the stats can't wait.;)

Reaction Score
We're so much better than every organization in the league it's almost comical at this point. The amount of real estate BB owns in the heads of coaches around the league is enough to have its own area code. You just have to watch and wait for the opposing coaching staff to do something fatally stupid because of who's on the other sideline. JV vs Varsity each week.

Wow, this may be the most arrogant one ShartMan.:eek: Appreciate the support though, good timing.

Reaction Score
I said they weren't deflated by the two Doinks on that day. If they had, the balls wouldn't have come in exactly right where you'd expect them with no manual deflation.

I even said they may have deflated balls in the past, but not that day.

I then said that there were 3 texts mentioning "deflate" or "deflator." One text exonerated Brady. Another text mentioned deflate in relation to the puffy jacket (or, help me out, what is your interpretation of the link above? I see no one has even bothered to offer an alternative scenario to that text), and the third text, "deflator," was in the spring of the preceding year. If you read text 3 in this string, when Brady first found out about NFL rules regarding proper inflation, then the reading of text 1 doesn't make sense.

Besides, even if they were deflating balls in prior games, the balls were not deflated for the AFCCG.

Ahhhh. Got it now. Makes perfect sense. He's The Deflator because of a puffy jacket. Or because he worked out and needed to lose weight. Not because he was responsible for handling the footballs and joked about giving Tom Brady "balloons" when Brady complained the footballs were too inflated once. Thanks for finally clearing this one up.

Reaction Score
Ahhhh. Got it now. Makes perfect sense. He's The Deflator because of a puffy jacket. Or because he worked out and needed to lose weight. Not because he was responsible for handling the footballs and joked about giving Tom Brady "balloons" when Brady complained the footballs were too inflated once. Thanks for finally clearing this one up.

Did he also deflate Brady's iPhone? Must've been him he's seems to very efficient.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
No. It was the part about rewatching it and thinking they couldn't win and that you dreamt it. That was the queer part.
And I dreamt you would know I was kidding. I have the strangest dreams.

Reaction Score

You mentioned the one text that exonerated Brady? Interesting. The balloons text came after the Jets game in October. In those texts, he told Brady the balls were at 16 PSI (the refs apparently don't really even pay attention to what they set the ball at). Brady told him he better never allow that to happen again. That's when he told Brady that the refs are the ones who set the balls at the final PSI. And this is why we see the text from Brady, "Then bring 'in rulebook and show it to them next time!" So--Brady didn't know the rule on this until October? Pretty interesting.

You still haven't addressed the "jacket" text from the Green Bay game. What do you think that text meant?

I see you Patriot haters won't even go near answering that one.

Apparently, after 4 days of interrogation by FBI, these diabolical geniuses didn't get tripped up once. The nation is apparently in great hands with FBI like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom