Paige Bueckers to UConn | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ummm. Moriah Jefferson Is 5’6” and Hailey Van Lith is 5’7”.

At least that’s what their listed heights are. :rolleyes:

Oh, this is a Hailey Van Lith thread?? I was taking Paige. My sincere apologies for interrupting a perfectly good digression. ;)

Reaction Score
Here's the thread topic. I know there's not much new until the U19 tryouts in May but there will be. I get sad when I see a new post here only to discover nothing about Paige.
1555802962510.png

1555802962510.png

Reaction Score
I've been hunting around for the video of the first Wayzata-Hopkins game. Hopkins' starting team had one senior, a freshman post and a 6th man 8th grader. And they were overwhelmed by the moment. They fumbled passes, couldn't shoot, but they still played defense so the game was close at the half. After spending the entire 1st half feeding her team mates and watching them blow bunnies Bueckers took the game over from the moment the second half started. Anyone who doesn't think she has a complete offensive game will see different. And she did it in a big game. After that night her team mates calmed down and Bueckers went back to be a facilitator rather than a scorer the rest of the season.

I know the game was streamed because I watched it.

Reaction Score
Thanks for introducing me to Hailey Van Lith. Now I'm dreaming about her and Paige in the backcourt. :D

Reaction Score
Thanks for introducing me to Hailey Van Lith. Now I'm dreaming about her and Paige in the backcourt. :D
Will never happen already have Paige and The international PG for 2020. And if we land Evina that will change ... Hailey is Oregon/Oregon States to lose. I would have Paige then anyone and I’m so glad we got her. She is a program changer and will end up being a all American and NPOY before her career ends.... she’s that good!! Her and Fudd are 2 of the best generation type players to come out since Stewie. /Parker/Taurisi/Moore ... there that good and UCONN is so lucky to have Paige.. if we add Fudd the dynasty continues on!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Will never happen already have Paige and The international PG for 2020. And if we land Evina that will change ... Hailey is Oregon/Oregon States to lose. I would have Paige then anyone and I’m so glad we got her. She is a program changer and will end up being a all American and NPOY before her career ends.... she’s that good!! Her and Fudd are 2 of the best generation type players to come out since Stewie. /Parker/Taurisi/Moore ... there that good and UCONN is so lucky to have Paige.. if we add Fudd the dynasty continues on!!
I appreciate your enthusiasm. Seriously. Just let me add that I think Christyn is pretty good, too.

Reaction Score
Really?

Per ESPN/Hoopgurlz Class Rankings

2019 - >20 (1 McD)
2018 - #2 (2 McD)
2017 - #2 (2 McD)
2016 - #14 (1 McD)
2015 - #2 (3 McD)
2014 - #4 (2 McD)

I'm not seeing a big "slump" here.

But look how many of those recruits we lost. Someone had a list of the transfers, which was just four per decade until this decade, during which we've already lost ten.

We have just eight players on the bench this coming season, and three of them are not really D-1 athletes.

We're not making this up.

Reaction Score
But look how many of those recruits we lost. Someone had a list of the transfers, which was just four per decade until this decade, during which we've already lost ten.

We have just eight players on the bench this coming season, and three of them are not really D-1 athletes.

Didn't Stewart once ask for walk-ons because they only had 8 to practice?

And the D1 comment is not true. All 3 of these players are better than Ekmark or AEH, or Sadie Edwards who started in not only D1 but P-5.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Yea, you guys are making this up. I just showed you the facts.

And all the players (yes all 8) had numerous offers to play at Div 1 schools. Yes they are ALL Div 1 players. Saying otherwise is just ignorant. [ ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Regarding loosing recruits remember this. Babe Ruth struck out over 2,000 time and hi 714 home runs. Fans remember the 714 home runs. We are not gonna get and keep every recruit. Geno goes after a certain type player, and he doesnt change much from his priorities. Dont look at who we dont get look at who we do get. When I look back at some of the kids we didnt get I see kids who have become stars on their team. When I look at UConn players I see stars on the team. Meaning there is no "I" in team. Geno know exactly what he is doing thats why he makes over $2.5 million a year and we Boneyarders dont. We second guess some of the things Geno does yet we are not in the locker room or on recruiting trips to know the real reasons why he does what he does. Geno is known throughout the world. He is a legend and many would love the opportunity to play for him. Ive said this before...Geno attracts players, however Geno is looking for players who want to play UConn BB. I also look at how many top players Geno didnt get and see how theyre doing elsewhere. Some are doing good but have not made the FF or won a NC and UConn has. BB is a team sport and there are alot of shooting stars then can operate by themselves. At UConn we have a culmination of many stars who are taught to compliment and work with each other. This system of Geno's very seldom breaks down and works great under pressure as we have experienced with FF's. We dont win all the time but we win more then most teams combined. So when your looking at who we lost, look at where we are and how we got there. We can get everybody but those we get have taken us to our Disney World which we call UConn Womens BB.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I think they went undefeated with 8 players.
Yeah, but they had Stewie, MoJet, and Tuck. They didn't need much else. Next season there will not be Stewie, MoJet, and Tuck.

Reaction Score
I'm a Minnesota native and I am here to tell you, there was some venom spewed thru out the Maroon and Gold country. Not only towards Paige but few other top Girls/Boys players. It mostly has to do with so much prime talent leaving the state of Minnesota to latch onto other top established programs. I agree many are happy for her and I think most knew she would probably go to UCONN. It was pretty big deal locally, when Geno and CD showed up to her 9th grade practice. It was all over the Local news which also interviewed her, AAU and High School coaches. If you remember at that time, Minnesota Didn't have Lindsey Whalen as head coach, so they were a little late to the party . With Whalen aboard there is now hope and that is what drove some locals to spew hate.

Trust me, Paige is loved here just means Minnesota fans will have to love two teams, just like me.
Totally get the disappointment and human nature to find and express blame. Whalen May well become a successful coach but the first thing a coach needs is a program changing player. PB would have been that player for her. She’s also the type of player that attracts other good players. UConn on national tv a lot and by the time Paige gets here most games available streaming on espn+ for a low low monthly fee !! So all of Minnesota can watch her!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Totally get the disappointment and human nature to find and express blame. Whalen May well become a successful coach but the first thing a coach needs is a program changing player. PB would have been that player for her. She’s also the type of player that attracts other good players. UConn on national tv a lot and by the time Paige gets here most games available streaming on espn+ for a low low monthly fee !! So all of Minnesota can watch her!

Almost all of the games were streamed nationally through the WatchESPN app with SNY producing them. I'm still pretty bitter about the whole thing because ESPN won't do nearly as good of a job if they take over production.

Reaction Score
Almost all of the games were streamed nationally through the WatchESPN app with SNY producing them. I'm still pretty bitter about the whole thing because ESPN won't do nearly as good of a job if they take over production.
Me too. My little add for espn+ was tongue in cheek. Don’t get me going bout the whole espn Sny UConn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom