Paige Bueckers to UConn | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Except for the beer ya got me. Also instead of participating, I'll grab a front row seat for a good scrap. I think however you're describing an old punter and not a geezer.

I agree. Geezer is classically American, though it is usually superfluously accompanied by "old".

Reaction Score
The Big 3–Moriah, Morgan, and Baby Husky.
Yes, she is the one who nicknamed Stewie "Baby Husky" while Stewie was still being recruited. Word on the street was that everyone loved playing with KML, and would be eager to join her at UConn.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Honest question.

Is Bueckers playing too much basketball. She is seemingly playing every week.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Highlight package from the weekend's state preliminaries:

I didn't see Haley Jones much, but Ms. Buckets is a very advanced player. Probably could work on her left hand, but couldn't we all.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As good as Paige is, it is not that likely. How many 4 times all American have there ever been in wcbb? Maya Moore. Who else?
In the NCAA era of 30 years or so, only Maya Moore and Courtney Paris.

In the early days, I’m not sure, but maybe Meyers, Miller, or Woodard.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
As good as Paige is, it is not that likely. How many 4 times all American have there ever been in wcbb? Maya Moore. Who else?
THE FOLLOWING COVERS 1975 THROUGH 2007 SO IT DOES NOT INCLUDE MAYA MOORE AND PARIS. This is a NCAA document but I don't see Taurasi for 3-time 1st team All-American???
1557148108751.png

I did find this in the same document http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_basketball_RB/misc/wbbfinest.pdf
Diana Taurasi Connecticut • 6-0 • Chino, C A • Div. I Named Division I player of the year by the USBWA and AP in 2003…Wade Trophy winner in 2003…Naismith Trophy winner in 2003 and 2004…Division I first-team allAmerican in 2002, 2003 and 2004… Named to NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball 25th Anniversary Team…Played on the NCAA Division I championship team in 2002, 2003 and 2004…USA Olympic team member in 2004.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She's gonna fit right in... We are gonna have way more ball handlers that will find the open man in both halfcourt and fast break situations.. Love her mid range game.. Love it.. create even more problems... Gotta watch for her on the pull up J... If you do, you can't defend that no look pass too well...

Reaction Score
She's gonna fit right in... We are gonna have way more ball handlers that will find the open man in both halfcourt and fast break situations.. Love her mid range game.. Love it.. create even more problems... Gotta watch for her on the pull up J... If you do, you can't defend that no look pass too well...

Now only if she had some big posts to throw the ball too!

Reaction Score
A continuation of oohs and ahhs. This kid is not exactly chopped liver:

View attachment 42979
Completely agree @oldude !! Crystal has given us so much to enjoy and cheer for the last 3 years and I look for MORE next season. Paige will pick up the baton and continue the incredible passing and play. Exciting times ahead.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mostly the same highlights but from a different perspective:

Reaction Score
Mostly the same highlights but from a different perspective:

Thanks for finding and posting these. But after watching a lot of her games you might agree with me that folks miss seeing 75% of her talent if you focus on her shooting. And you miss the enthusiasm and pure joy she has for playing that rubs off onto her teammates. On defense she is always trying to anticipate where the ball is going and she tips a ton of passes. A coach on the floor.
Her transition to college ball will be seamless.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks for finding and posting these. But after watching a lot of her games you might agree with me that folks miss seeing 75% of her talent if you focus on her shooting. And you miss the enthusiasm and pure joy she has for playing that rubs off onto her teammates. On defense she is always trying to anticipate where the ball is going and she tips a ton of passes. A coach on the floor.
Her transition to college ball will be seamless.

That's why maybe my favorite video of her is from her 8th grade year when she took over and made all kinds of plays to win a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom