Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
1554160447092.png

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Congrats to you guys. So much for the supposed decline of Geno's recruiting pull. And I guess I called that she wouldn't end up at Stanford, if only by a few hours:
I'm not a recruiting insider/guru who follows this stuff super closely, but based on the chatter I hear, I think the most realistic candidates are Natalija Marshall (6'5" post ranked #14) and possibly Dalayah Daniels (6'3" post ranked #16). In theory Paige Bueckers is also on our short list and there's a lot of (hopeful) chatter about her, but she is getting attention from a lot of the top programs and I haven't seen the kind of "4.X academic all-star" or "academics is really important to me" kinds of signals that are typical of the kinds of recruits who ultimately get admitted to Stanford and choose to come to the Farm.
But that's all wild speculation on my part.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A refresher for those of us who don't fancy ourselves recruiting experts:

The commitment comes as welcome news to Huskie nation as the 5’10 point guard from Eden Prairie, Minnesota is one of the most hyped high school players in the past decade. An excellent ball handler, a smooth transition game, excellent court vision, and big-time scoring ability, Bueckers will likely see the court from day 1 in Storrs, something many freshmen haven’t been able to do in recent years.​

Paige Bueckers, top-ranked 2020 recruit, picks UConn

Reaction Score
I don't think she'd do that as an April's fools joke.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm all about this celebration, but:

How if at all does this impact the recruitment of Azzi Fudd?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
More from the Star Tribune article: Hopkins top recruit Paige Bueckers headed to UConn

Hopkins coach Brian Cosgriff said Auriemma was the difference-maker in the recruiting process. He showed up countless times at Hopkins High School and in the school's Linbergh Center gymnasium.

"It makes a difference when he's showing up for games and other schools are sending their assistant coaches," Cosgriff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom