Oz | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oz

Reaction Score
Amazing article.

"Hey, how'd he get that ride? His uncle bought it. How did his uncle buy it? Paid cash. Paid cash, how'd he do that? S---, we don't know, but here's the receipt where he paid cash, and now y'all ain't got s---- Go tell the NCAA you think we're cheating because this kid's uncle bought him a used Tahoe in cash, you racist."

Insane how different the culture is. You have tens of thousands in expendable cash, and this is how you'd want to use it? The guy had to convince his wife that his burner phones weren't for affairs, but it didn't sound like he was telling her he was giving large under the table payments to high school kids either.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Oz just wanted names of kids to make sure the staff is already aware they are available. Completely different than what goes on at SEC schools and not against any rules.

he said he called one of the kids

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah I mean some of you are way out of hand, glass houses.:oops:
mau, it doesn't matter what they say in the papers cuz it's always been the same old scene. There's new news in town and a story goes around from a poster on a message board...that is missed by the traveling hoard.

Let's go Rico!!!

Reaction Score
It's absolutely against the rules but every SEC school does it.

First hand knowledge that Calhoun did this stuff too. No idea if Ollie does, but its probably pretty common in CBB as well.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
First hand knowledge that Calhoun did this stuff too. No idea if Ollie does, but its probably pretty common in CBB as well.

There was a story about a Jake Voskuhl SUV around for years. I dont know what level of merit, if any it had in this specific case, but it was talked about alot.

Reaction Score
Insane how different the culture is. You have tens of thousands in expendable cash, and this is how you'd want to use it? The guy had to convince his wife that his burner phones weren't for affairs, but it didn't sound like he was telling her he was giving large under the table payments to high school kids either.

In fairness, how many middle age men tell their wives that the bag of cash is for a high school kid? What would the odds be that the cheating was on the NCAA, and not her?

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
this isnt just a SEC thing its a college football and (to a lesser extent) basketball thing.

Difference in the SEC its the Mississippi States, Auburns, and Missouri's of the world are doing it.

Its not every prospect and its not every school but look at what happened at Ole Miss recently for further proof. And to anyone knocking this, I bet you there are plenty of people on this website that would pay $$$ for UConn to go 30-2 every year and be a 1 seed.

C

Chief00

He is not a fraud. That is what troubles me. You don't seem to know his background at all. There are numerous photos of him with UCONN people including KO, recruits and players.
Not sure why he publicizes the photos? Best not to.

Reaction Score
Ok. I'm 65, not always connected, just starting out on Medicare, but a UConn alumn. Help me out. Who is Oz?

Failed gimmick for Kevin Nash when he was in WCW.

7a71f693ac4659d62e1bfbee428660d2.jpg

Reaction Score
Some people do need to drink bleach. That's just reality.

I actually bought in a little bit until three second ago when I looked for that post and found a thread where he was asking for people to send him the names of wing recruits that he could pass along.

Either he's trying to drum up traffic for the Rivals' kids or we're more f---ed than we know. I think he and Chief would get along.

I did the exact same thing and literally started laughing to the point my wife says what's so funny. If the program needs folks to ask message board posters to send along any recruits they know then lets just turn out the lights and lock the gym permanently. The idea that any poster would know what type of kid can be a good D1 player when the damn people that are paid to do it can't get it right half of the time is so far fetched that is beyond comedy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
this isnt just a SEC thing its a college football and (to a lesser extent) basketball thing.

Difference in the SEC its the Mississippi States, Auburns, and Missouri's of the world are doing it.

Its not every prospect and its not every school but look at what happened at Ole Miss recently for further proof. And to anyone knocking this, I bet you there are plenty of people on this website that would pay $$$ for UConn to go 30-2 every year and be a 1 seed.

No, it's definitely not just an SEC thing--hi FSU, Miami, Texas, et al, but it is taken to level in the SEC generally not seen elsewhere. I went to school in the SEC, and it is pure insanity.

Reaction Score
There was a story about a Jake Voskuhl SUV around for years. I dont know what level of merit, if any it had in this specific case, but it was talked about alot.

Kenny Anderson who was from LeFrak City in Queens was rolling in a Mercedes and maybe a BMW if I remember correctly at GTech when he was there. It's possible he came to those cars righteously, but it's not probable.

Get the kids paid and stop screwing around behind the scenes - I hope some kid find a way to hammer the NCAA and the member schools for a ton of cash someday, but i digress.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Having met Ozzie (the man behind the curtain exists) and been the beneficiary of his good will and insight into the program, I cannot agree with any of the negative stuff being posted on here about him.

He says he steers clear of the BY because it gets out of control...which we all know is certainly the case.

The intel that he passes along should be viewed as informative especially for 99% of us who have no real insight into what goes on in the program behind the scenes. As with our insiders on this board, take everything he says with a grain of salt but my interactions with him have been nothing but great. Where there is Oz smoke there tends to be fire more times than not

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
No, it's definitely not just an SEC thing--hi FSU, Miami, Texas, et al, but it is taken to level in the SEC generally not seen elsewhere. I went to school in the SEC, and it is pure insanity.
100% agreeing with you- thats the point I was trying to make with my quote about Ms St/Mizzou et al. The other conferences have a few of the big boys (OU/Texas/USC/Miami etc) but the entire SEC sans maybe Vanderbilt is doing this kind of stuff. Just part of the business these days.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I do find it a little weird he's as open as he is with information, given his connections to KO.

I think it's more weird in basketball, than in football. For the reason that basketball is so much smaller (both monetarily and with numbers of recruits), that the kids themselves are far more well known. It's rare to get a diamond in the rough.

Football is so huge, with so many players (and at lower levels of development) and so much money, that a lot of things get lost in the wash.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kenny Anderson who was from LeFrak City in Queens was rolling in a Mercedes and maybe a BMW if I remember correctly at GTech when he was there. It's possible he came to those cars righteously, but it's not probable.

Get the kids paid and stop screwing around behind the scenes - I hope some kid find a way to hammer the NCAA and the member schools for a ton of cash someday, but i digress.

It's not going to stop it. In fact, I think it might make things worse. The big boosters will just offer more money, and be able to hide it far easier.

That said, I do think the players from the big revenue sports should get paid (stipend). It's fairly exploitative on a number of levels at this point, especially considering things like merchandise.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
100% agreeing with you- thats the point I was trying to make with my quote about Ms St/Mizzou et al. The other conferences have a few of the big boys (OU/Texas/USC/Miami etc) but the entire SEC sans maybe Vanderbilt is doing this kind of stuff. Just part of the business these days.

How did I miss USC?? Poster child.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Hahaha Vandy doing it to. It's just tougher for them because of academic requirements/restrictions. First hand knowledge here (alum).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My biggest issue with Oz is his grammar. This guy is making 99 look like an academic.
Having met Ozzie (the man behind the curtain exists) and been the beneficiary of his good will and insight into the program, I cannot agree with any of the negative stuff being posted on here about him.

He says he steers clear of the BY because it gets out of control...which we all know is certainly the case.

The intel that he passes along should be viewed as informative especially for 99% of us who have no real insight into what goes on in the program behind the scenes. As with our insiders on this board, take everything he says with a grain of salt but my interactions with him have been nothing but great. Where there is Oz smoke there tends to be fire more times than not
Up until Friday I was with this sentiment. But he totally lost it this weekend. I'm not judging him as a person because as you point out 99% of the people who post in this forum have on occasion lost it and there is a significant number that never found it.

But he's a person who is high profile and someone needs to advise him to get it under control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom