Oz | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oz

Reaction Score
Up until Friday I was with this sentiment. But he totally lost it this weekend. I'm not judging him as a person because as you point out 99% of the people who post in this forum have on occasion lost it and there is a significant number that never found it.

But he's a person who is high profile and someone needs to advise him to get it under control.

+1. He doesn't just come off poorly in those threads, he comes off as a loser who is completely out-of-touch with where he falls on the totem poll.

If this stuff about Miller is coming directly from Ollie's mouth, it's a bad, bad look. It's unprofessional at best and ominously petty at worst to be spouting off about an assistant - who has done a lot for the program - after having just fired him.

I don't think either Ollie or Oz intended anything malicious by it (Oz did clarify that he likes Miller and is thankful for what he did), but moving forward, he needs to either have a stern talking to with Oz or he needs to stop talking to him.

As for the stuff about Oz gathering intel on grad transfers, there's no damn reason, after the season we just witnessed, Ollie shouldn't be able to rattle off the entire list of D-1 eligible players in alphabetical order. There should not be a single speck of dirt left after their exhaustive make-over project, and he should be confident enough in that not to have Oz casting nets.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
+1. He doesn't just come off poorly in those threads, he comes off as a loser who is completely out-of-touch with where he falls on the totem poll.

If this stuff about Miller is coming directly from Ollie's mouth, it's a bad, bad look. It's unprofessional at best and ominously petty at worst to be spouting off about an assistant - who has done a lot for the program - after having just fired him.

I don't think either Ollie or Oz intended anything malicious by it (Oz did clarify that he likes Miller and is thankful for what he did), but moving forward, he needs to either have a stern talking to with Oz or he needs to stop talking to him.

As for the stuff about Oz gathering intel on grad transfers, there's no damn reason, after the season we just witnessed, Ollie shouldn't be able to rattle off the entire list of D-1 eligible players in alphabetical order. There should not be a single speck of dirt left after their exhaustive make-over project, and he should be confident enough in that not to have Oz casting nets.
I don't follow that forum very much except when there is recruiting rumors and I look forward to reading Oz's opinions. But this weekend he really was different from anything I've observed from the past. I think there was more than just one poster who set him off. Maybe he's heard a lot of negativity directed towards KO by fans and it finally bubbled over. Maybe he was taking something that reduced self control. None of these possibilities matter. What matters is someone have a talk with him and try to get him to be more restrained. He has a strong following and with that comes some responsibility.

C

Chief00

Yes he was wrong on a correct vs incorrect stance. But like i have said 10000000x recruiting is perspective and not algebra. he was not wrong in the sence that the staff thought they still had him. He is reporting what he hears from the staff.
That's the problem - how out of touch our point recruiter was on what was actually happening.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
What matters is someone have a talk with him and try to get him to be more restrained. He has a strong following and with that comes some responsibility.

I mean I wouldn't go that far. In the grand scheme of things who is Oz outside of UConn basketball forum talk? The rest of us are allowed to act like idiots and say whatever we want but an insider can't? He was provoked and let off some steam, don't get everything twisted that by everything he says has to be directly coming from a source. He has and is entitled to his opinions just like the rest of us.

He didn't say anything out of line on Miller and people shouldn't jump to conclusions that what Ozzie shares is directly from the horses mouth, especially from KO. People that have that mindset have got it all wrong with him. Despite message board believe, he is not an official representation of our program so he doesn't need to be "restrained"

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I mean I wouldn't go that far. In the grand scheme of things who is Oz outside of UConn basketball forum talk? The rest of us are allowed to act like idiots and say whatever we want but an insider can't? He was provoked and let off some steam, don't get everything twisted that by everything he says has to be directly coming from a source. He has and is entitled to his opinions just like the rest of us.

He didn't say anything out of line on Miller and people shouldn't jump to conclusions that what Ozzie shares is directly from the horses mouth, especially from KO. People that have that mindset have got it all wrong with him. Despite message board believe, he is not an official representation of our program so he doesn't need to be "restrained"
You may want to have a conversation with @HuskyNan. The NCAA investigated Geno because of something expressed in the women's forum that was far less dangerous than what he posted. I'm not angry with Oz by any stretch. But that recruiting thread is a pandora's box waiting to be opened.

Reaction Score
Until recent references to the Wizard of Oz on some other board, I was so out of touch I still believed Rivals died of self-inflicted GSWs. Without knowing any of the rumored details discussed the last few days, what's the likelihood UConn's compliance team won't have a few conversations regarding and involving this Oz? From prior Boneyard comments, such well-intended conversations occurred as a result of some knucklehead posts on the current and predecessor versions of the Boneyard.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Oz = HFD lite?

While a joke, you could be on to something: maybe Oz just decided to post-up a storm in the midst of a bender this weekend. Would make sense.

Reaction Score
That's the problem - how out of touch our point recruiter was on what was actually happening.

Stop it, please. If a kid with ties to your program tells you he's coming, what are you supposed to do? Use a Vulcan mind meld to determine if he's lying or not? From what I understand, it is quite possible that anyone in Miller's shoes would have drawn the same conclusion Miller did.

You want to blame him for not closing on it? Fine, coffee is for closers (although on that theory no coach in the country not on the U.K. Staff gets to drink coffee, and how silly is that given that Calipari has won a total of one championship at U.K). But that's different than blaming him for being played by a kid who presumably didn't want to admit to his friends that he wasn't necessarily coming to Storrs.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You may want to have a conversation with @HuskyNan. The NCAA investigated Geno because of something expressed in the women's forum that was far less dangerous than what he posted. I'm not angry with Oz by any stretch. But that recruiting thread is a pandora's box waiting to be opened.
Don't remind me. I got a phone call from Compliance and took a ride up to Storrs for a little chat. It was not a fun episode.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Don't remind me. I got a phone call from Compliance and took a ride up to Storrs for a little chat. It was not a fun episode.
Hopefully @Silk31 will see this.

Reaction Score
Stop it, please. If a kid with ties to your program tells you he's coming, what are you supposed to do? Use a Vulcan mind meld to determine if he's lying or not? From what I understand, it is quite possible that anyone in Miller's shoes would have drawn the same conclusion Miller did.

You want to blame him for not closing on it? Fine, coffee is for closers (although on that theory no coach in the country not on the U.K. Staff gets to drink coffee, and how silly is that given that Calipari has won a total of one championship at U.K). But that's different than blaming him for being played by a kid who presumably didn't want to admit to his friends that he wasn't necessarily coming to Storrs.

Quite frankly young fellow Jim Calhoun Bunky Snead Dyson didn't practice gimmick zone course schedule power strength.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There's a paid only thread over there entitled just "Alterique" anyone gotta the scoop?

Reaction Score
Again nothing was wrong or non-compliant with anything mentioned on TOS nor am I Ozzie's keeper.
oh sorry, I didn't realize you were a compliance officer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
There's a paid only thread over there entitled just "Alterique" anyone gotta the scoop?
Since signing up here and accepting that exclusivity clause payment I don't go to TOS. I am also interested in the cited thread.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to post TOS content here. You also definitely shouldn't pm anyone what it says if you know what it says. Definitely don't pm me, if you know what it says

Please @JMick...If someone accidentally does that (which they clearly should not) make sure you don't compound the mistake by PMing me, @JCSuperstar, with the contents of the PM you never should have gotten.

Reaction Score
So we have "insiders" posting rumors behind a paywall at TOS. Now let's start speculating about why that is. Go!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So we have "insiders" posting rumors behind a paywall at TOS. Now let's start speculating about why that is. Go!

I believe it was the same content that got deleted here earlier today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom