Oz | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oz

Reaction Score
Nope He was still on Diallo to UConn even the day of the presser. He was wrong. But you cant really hold that against him as the kid pulled a major swerve at the end.

Many of you may hate hearing this but the only guy I saw who was on it as the changes developed near the end was @Chief00 . Im being serious.

Chief stock is on the rise. I bought low and am enjoying the perks.

Reaction Score
Nope He was still on Diallo to UConn even the day of the presser. He was wrong. But you cant really hold that against him as the kid pulled a major swerve at the end.

Many of you may hate hearing this but the only guy I saw who was on it as the changes developed near the end was @Chief00 . Im being serious.
A lot of people were expecting him to pick Kentucky for a while before he actually announced. Oz was one of the few who actually stuck with the uconn pick

Reaction Score

Yes he was wrong on a correct vs incorrect stance. But like i have said 10000000x recruiting is perspective and not algebra. he was not wrong in the sence that the staff thought they still had him. He is reporting what he hears from the staff.

Last edited:

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Don't understand why people are freaking out and calling it dangerous that someone talks to the coaches about potential recruits. This goes on everywhere and is not strange at all. Football schools pay boosters to scout recruits, my friend's dad is paid to scout for the Georgia Bulldogs. Oz is just friends with Ollie and wants the best for UConn basketball like we all do.

Is your dad's friend allowed to speak to the recruits on behalf of the program?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Don't understand why people are freaking out and calling it dangerous that someone talks to the coaches about potential recruits. This goes on everywhere and is not strange at all. Football schools pay boosters to scout recruits, my friend's dad is paid to scout for the Georgia Bulldogs. Oz is just friends with Ollie and wants the best for UConn basketball like we all do.

Is your dad's friend allowed to speak to the recruits on behalf of the program?

Meet the Bag Man

Reaction Score
Yes he was wrong on a correct vs incorrect stance. But like i have said 10000000x recruiting is perspective and not algebra. he was not wrong in the sence that the staff thought they still had him. He is reporting what he hears from the staff.

Think batting average in baseball. To many factors that impact.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Because the world doesn't work with absolute fairness. We've been on the short end when it comes to NCAA overview. It's better to handle things quietly then to invite attention.

Check out this article on Raphael Chillious. Amazing the NCAA went after him for this incident and lets the squid do the stuff he does.

Dybas: UW’s Chillious gets the short end from NCAA | Sportspress Northwest

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Amazing article.

"Hey, how'd he get that ride? His uncle bought it. How did his uncle buy it? Paid cash. Paid cash, how'd he do that? S---, we don't know, but here's the receipt where he paid cash, and now y'all ain't got s---. Go tell the NCAA you think we're cheating because this kid's uncle bought him a used Tahoe in cash, you racist."

Reaction Score
He's crazy but he's legit. He called that Alterique would commit on July 4th over a month before it happened and before Alterique even announced that he would be announcing his decision on July 4th.

tea leaves.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

And so long as people aren't idiots and read it in context (the ol grain o salt), it's great. The problem is people are idiots.

Reaction Score

I thought it was more that it's horrendously embarrassing to be reduced to soliciting ideas for recruits on a message board.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Amazing article.

"Hey, how'd he get that ride? His uncle bought it. How did his uncle buy it? Paid cash. Paid cash, how'd he do that? S---, we don't know, but here's the receipt where he paid cash, and now y'all ain't got s---- Go tell the NCAA you think we're cheating because this kid's uncle bought him a used Tahoe in cash, you racist."
so many great quotes. Another one of my favorites:

It's also how lame duck coaching staffs are created. If a majority of bag men want a particular coach out and an A.D. or president won't make a move, they'll just dry up funds.

"The coach won't know exactly when we decide to make that happen, but they've got a good idea. Then we get to see just how damn good a recruiter he really is. I know one of our guys once stopped putting in big bucks, way more than what I do, just because a head coach cussed too much on the team plane. [The coach] was losing anyway, but because he took the Lord's name in vain, that guy was offended by his morality and stopped illegally paying college football players."

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I thought it was more that it's horrendously embarrassing to be reduced to soliciting ideas for recruits on a message board.

I guess it would be significantly more embarrassing if in-game coaching advise was being relayed to KO from a message board.

So while unusual for requesting recruit ideas and contact info, it doesn't hurt to offer some extra help..... thru the internet.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Exactly. I was pretty embarrassed by what I was reading. If this is how the program functions then it's a lot less professional than I had imagined.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
so many great quotes. Another one of my favorites:

It's also how lame duck coaching staffs are created. If a majority of bag men want a particular coach out and an A.D. or president won't make a move, they'll just dry up funds.

"The coach won't know exactly when we decide to make that happen, but they've got a good idea. Then we get to see just how damn good a recruiter he really is. I know one of our guys once stopped putting in big bucks, way more than what I do, just because a head coach cussed too much on the team plane. [The coach] was losing anyway, but because he took the Lord's name in vain, that guy was offended by his morality and stopped illegally paying college football players."
$EC

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Absolutely. What he and others do is not above board. Ozzie is just a fan who is friends with Ollie, nothing wrong with passing any info he thinks can help his friend and the program.

Only institutional staff members are permitted to recruit prospective student-athletes. Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes.

Students are still considered prospects even if they have signed a National Letter of Intent or any other financial aid agreement with a university.

Boosters are not precluded from continuing established friendships with families who have prospective student-athletes. However, boosters may not encourage a prospect’s participation in university athletics or provide benefits to prospects that were not previously provided.

If a violation occurs, it may jeopardize a student-athlete’s eligibility for intercollegiate competition, jeopardize a school’s membership status with the NCAA or cause a booster to lose access to all booster benefits.

Reaction Score
OK I just dont think he should flaunt it on a public forum.
Oz just wanted names of kids to make sure the staff is already aware they are available. Completely different than what goes on at SEC schools and not against any rules.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom