Oz | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Oz

Reaction Score
Having met Ozzie (the man behind the curtain exists) and been the beneficiary of his good will and insight into the program, I cannot agree with any of the negative stuff being posted on here about him.

He says he steers clear of the BY because it gets out of control...which we all know is certainly the case.

The intel that he passes along should be viewed as informative especially for 99% of us who have no real insight into what goes on in the program behind the scenes. As with our insiders on this board, take everything he says with a grain of salt but my interactions with him have been nothing but great. Where there is Oz smoke there tends to be fire more times than not

Your either a source or not. There is no take it with a grain of salt.

C

Chief00

+1. He doesn't just come off poorly in those threads, he comes off as a loser who is completely out-of-touch with where he falls on the totem poll.

If this stuff about Miller is coming directly from Ollie's mouth, it's a bad, bad look. It's unprofessional at best and ominously petty at worst to be spouting off about an assistant - who has done a lot for the program - after having just fired him.

I don't think either Ollie or Oz intended anything malicious by it (Oz did clarify that he likes Miller and is thankful for what he did), but moving forward, he needs to either have a stern talking to with Oz or he needs to stop talking to him.

As for the stuff about Oz gathering intel on grad transfers, there's no damn reason, after the season we just witnessed, Ollie shouldn't be able to rattle off the entire list of D-1 eligible players in alphabetical order. There should not be a single speck of dirt left after their exhaustive make-over project, and he should be confident enough in that not to have Oz casting nets.

As you know I have been critical of Coach Miller when he was in that position, but in contrast to Oz I have taken the high road since the dismissal and not piled on.

Reaction Score
As you know I have been critical of Coach Miller when he was in that position, but in contrast to Oz I have taken the high road since the dismissal and not piled on.

And you don't claim to be best buds with Ollie either. If there were pictures of you all over the place with KO and you mentioned how you hit him up all the time it'd be a different story.

Reaction Score
Your either a source or not. There is no take it with a grain of salt.

You are really naive to how things work and how quickly things can change.

A good friend of mine is a baseball agent. Not big time by any means think he has about 8 clients in the league at this point most of his clients will be career minor leaguers and he's lost clients to big agents once they blew up. Anyone few years ago one of his guys played for my team and around trade deadline he goes so and so is going to "x" team for this return. Less than 8 hours after speaking to him he got traded to a different team

So the actual agent gave me information that was correct at the time I talked to him and it ended up being wrong when everything went down.

So yes all recruiting inside info and really any inside info should be taken with a grain of salt. Things are always fluid and can change at any moment

C

Chief00

And you don't claim to be best buds with Ollie either. If there were pictures of you all over the place with KO and you mentioned how you hit him up all the time it'd be a different story.

Chief00 keeps a low profile in regards to pictures and social media. If you are having fun, you don't need to prove it to others.

C

Chief00

In fairness you have also let us know that you are taking the high road on Miller no less than five times since his dismissal.

I have been asked several times the last couple days for my take and the scoop. I have consistently responded not now.

I think it's a teachable moment - a long time ago a wise man told me if you win an argument don't keep arguing.

C

Chief00

God if Dre stayed out of those pictures at Oakland...

Clyde stayed out of the Oakland pictures as well. LOL But,that was Cali not MI.
As for AD, the dude's plans changed - if you think recruiting changes - it's nothing compared to the social plans of a 20 year old NBA superstar. I know most of you dudes plan things months in advance and things never change - that's not everyone's life and you will never be able to relate.

Reaction Score
I've interacted with Oz in the past. Good guy, but was really confident about Hamidou. It's been a long time since i was on the other board so maybe Oz changed his tune about Diallo at some point...not sure. But at one point Diallo was the lock of the century. Obviously Oz was wrong.

Whatever i suppose. He's still a solid dude.
Diallo probably was the lock of the century and I believe he was coming to UConn until the Squid stepped in and grabbed him at the last minute.

Reaction Score
Clyde stayed out of the Oakland pictures as well. LOL But,that was Cali not MI.
As for AD, the dude's plans changed - if you think recruiting changes - it's nothing compared to the social plans of a 20 year old NBA superstar. I know most of you dudes plan things months in advance and things never change - that's not everyone's life and you will never be able to relate.

Good lord, Chief... Here is what you said....

Going out with AD after game and crew

Chief00, Jan 22, 2015Report
#15Like

The implication was that you were either with him or it was set up that you would be him following the game all the while as he was being photographed at Oakland University; which is in Michigan.

You then followed up with this...

You are clueless he is in Storrs - talk to him myself

Chief00, Jan 22, 2015Repor

Just let it go man...

Reaction Score
Good lord, Chief... Here is what you said....

Going out with AD after game and crew

Chief00, Jan 22, 2015Report
#15Like

The implication was that you were either with him or it was set up that you would be him following the game all the while as he was being photographed at Oakland University; which is in Michigan.

You then followed up with this...

You are clueless he is in Storrs - talk to him myself

Chief00, Jan 22, 2015Repor

Just let it go man...
Didnt realize it then but Chief was just stating alternative facts.

Reaction Score
It's bs.

Jake drove a Chevy pickup that looked like it had 300k miles on it. I know because he frequently parked it on my front lawn.

That may be bs but the story that went around was about a SUV that supposedly his uncle paid for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom