OT: Providence | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Providence

Reaction Score
I guess, but this is page after page about purely Providence internal drama. It's not about us facing them, just about why they're sad
It's one thread. Skip this one. Despite not being a UConn fan, FriarJ has been here forever and isn't a . It is a conference rival and a regional one at that. Have you bemoaned the beer and pizza threads with their endless pages as well? The variety of this board is a big part of what makes it so superior to all other fan bases boards.

Reaction Score
I can only imagine how low class the some PC fans will be tomorrow. I didn’t think they could get lower after what they did to Andrea last year but they’ll top it tomorrow.
fify. fwiw, the fans that did that last year were pathetic losers.

Reaction Score
I mean, Harbaugh is probably going to shoutout Michigan at the Chargers press conference after showing them every offseason he’d rather be in the NFL. He’ll probably use a lot of the same mantra’s he did at Michigan there (duh because coaches bring the cultures they instilled with them).

You won’t see Michigan fans crying about it.

Y’all are simply being ungrateful and bitter lmao.

Maybe you all just aren’t used to coaches doing well there to know what this transition looks like. It’s like a guy who talked to his first beautiful girl. They don’t know how to act now.
I’ve always felt like their issue with him was him quitting on his team in the middle of. Preparing for tournament season. He put his house up for sell a week before the BE tournament which coincided with PC’s collapse. I think you’re being obtuse if you refuse to see this point of view. It’s not that he left PC, it’s he did it by going against everything he ever told that community. And then named dropped them at his introductory press conference. Even Harbough finished his season all the way through before accepting another job. Cooley accepted a job and essentially gave a middle finger to his current situation. If you want a better pulse from the people that ACTUALLY matter show me a player he coached last season defending him..

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I long ago blocked the nitwit, so I don't know what he (or she or they) said, but I'm guessing you're right.

Reaction Score
I mean, Harbaugh is probably going to shoutout Michigan at the Chargers press conference after showing them every offseason he’d rather be in the NFL. He’ll probably use a lot of the same mantra’s he did at Michigan there (duh because coaches bring the cultures they instilled with them).

You won’t see Michigan fans crying about it.

Y’all are simply being ungrateful and bitter lmao.

Maybe you all just aren’t used to coaches doing well there to know what this transition looks like. It’s like a guy who talked to his first beautiful girl. They don’t know how to act now.
Harbaugh didn't go to Ohio State.
His team was successful right up until the end of the season. He won a national title before he left. He didn't list his house for sale before the playoffs started.

They wouldn't be nearly as upset if he had finished out the season with some level of success (or just trying at all), and left to coach the Timberwolves.

Reaction Score
Kim English looks like a good hire. He is young and will make some mistakes, but he could turn out to be really good.
Or he could be a bust, lets see if he can recruit. I am skeptical

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Cooley accepted a job and essentially gave a middle finger to his current situation. If you want a better pulse from the people that ACTUALLY matter show me a player he coached last season defending him..
I don’t follow PC players like that (I do not care at all about that little brother program, I just don’t).

His old players seem to be pretty good with him still. Even if what looked like quitting actually was, I still don’t think it’s THAT deep. It’s a bad look, but not the worst thing ever.

They’re going to let half of one season where they could’ve potentially had a nice run (not a NC run or even FF) ruin what was otherwise the best coaching run in their history. That’s dumb.

I don’t buy Cooley purposefully trolling them at all. That makes no sense. It’s much more likely Divine Providence is just part of his motto that he carried to Georgetown. May have been even a sign of love to a place he cares about. I doubt he said it as a shot to them.

Seeing FriarJ take a picture of a “Family Always” tweet with former Providence players as trolling (why would he include Providence alum in a troll to fans??) doesn’t help me believe they are thinking rationally. It seems like any mention of Providence at all from here on out is just going to be seen as disrespect which is the most sensitive thing I’ve ever seen from a fanbase.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Harbaugh didn't go to Ohio State.
His team was successful right up until the end of the season. He won a national title before he left. He didn't list his house for sale before the playoffs started.

They wouldn't be nearly as upset if he had finished out the season with some level of success (or just trying at all), and left to coach the Timberwolves.
I could see that difference. Still don’t think it’s worth all this.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yes, we all know. You've made it clear. Given the circumstances, no one agrees with your reasoning. They're allowed to be as upset as they want.
You said nobody very strongly there like there hasn’t been others who have said the same thing in this thread.

Reaction Score
I don’t follow PC players like that (I do not care at all about that little brother program, I just don’t).

His old players seem to be pretty good with him still. Even if what looked like quitting actually was, I still don’t think it’s THAT deep. It’s a bad look, but not the worst thing ever.

They’re going to let half of one season where they could’ve potentially had a nice run (not a NC run or even FF) ruin what was otherwise the best coaching run in their history. That’s dumb.

I don’t buy Cooley purposefully trolling them at all. That makes no sense. It’s much more likely Divine Providence is just part of his motto that he carried to Georgetown. May have been even a sign of love to a place he cares about. I doubt he said it as a shot to them.

Seeing FriarJ take a picture of a “Family Always” tweet with former Providence players as trolling (why would he include Providence alum in a troll to fans??) doesn’t help me believe they are thinking rationally. It seems like any mention of Providence at all from here on out is just going to be seen as disrespect which is the most sensitive thing I’ve ever seen from a fanbase.
He didn’t quit on his old players. He very clearly had moved on last season while his players, some playing the end of their college careers were still fighting for their season.

It was a scum bag move.

Do whatever you want after the season.

But checking out on a team that had serious postseason potential is scummy.

You have yet to address him putting his house up for sale right before the post season.

Let them cook that man tomorrow. He deserves it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He didn’t quit on his old players. He very clearly had moved on last season while his players, some playing the end of their college careers were still fighting for their season.

It was a scum bag move.

You have yet to address him putting his house up for sale right before the post season.

Would putting his house up for sale be a big deal if his team won out?

I guess that’s the main thing. If the team won none of this is an issue. Everything is blown up because they flopped to end the year. Which Cooley is wrong for.

Don’t mind the boos, but they’re slandering of Cooley goes way past the boos.

Reaction Score

I guess that’s the main thing. If the team won none of this is an issue. Everything is blown up because they flopped to end the year. Which Cooley is wrong for.

You should have heard the things they said about Lane Kiffin's personal life when he left Tennessee.

Reaction Score

So what? Why do they have to like him? He quit on their program and their kids amid a successful season.

He lied.

He lectured and preached to them for years just to end up being a fraud.

He’s not getting anything he didn’t earn.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

It was a scum bag move.

It was a scum bag move and he proved himself to be a scum bag. On that point the fan base should be happy that they're rid of him, not angry that he left them.

As far as his securing his next job before the season was over, it wasn't the first time someone pulled that and it won't be the last. When it happened at Michigan 35 years ago Bo Schembechler fired Bill Frieder and his replacement won the tournament. If Cooley putting his house on the market was so offensive, PC should have done what Michigan did when faced with the same situation.

What I believe warrants criticism is the PC fan base is behaving like this is something that has never happened before and that they've been wounded at a level beyond anything anybody has ever seen. They are overreacting at a massive level (producing the documentary, referring to him as Hitler). He left, get over it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It was a scum bag move and he proved himself to be a scum bag. On that point the fan base should be happy that they're rid of him, not angry that he left them.

As far as his securing his next job before the season was over, it wasn't the first time someone pulled that and it won't be the last. When it happened at Michigan 35 years ago Bo Schembechler fired Bill Frieder and his replacement won the tournament. If Cooley putting his house on the market was so offensive, PC should have done what Michigan did when faced with the same situation.

What I believe warrants criticism is the PC fan base is behaving like this is something that has never happened before and that they've been wounded at a level beyond anything anybody has ever seen. They are overreacting at a massive level (producing the documentary, referring to him as Hitler). He left, get over it.
This. They don’t have to like him, but it’s not this deep.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You should have heard the things they said about Lane Kiffin's personal life when he left Tennessee.
Did they dedicate a documentary to it?

I’m sure they didn’t because why would they waste time doing that when they can talk about Peyton Manning.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So what? Why do they have to like him? He quit on their program and their kids amid a successful season.

He lied.

He lectured and preached to them for years just to end up being a fraud.

He’s not getting anything he didn’t earn.
By lecturing and preaching do you mean building a culture and community? Aka doing his job?

Was he suppose to not do things to bring people together.

Reaction Score
You mean the era when they won One championship, right?
And for all that "dominance" with loaded rosters, it took bringing in Michael Graham to create the havoc with his fists that lead to the NCAA fighting rule.
Graham took the pressure off Ewing and for all the hype about Ewing his one championship was in the one year Graham was there. He went on to an NAIA school as a sophomore and then to oblivion.
Sonny Vaccaro funneled players to Georgetown for years because their success lead to big sales for Converse. He was the reason Georgetown dominated the league. Some here may remember Iverson was committed to Virginia until Sonny took him away for a weekend after which he announced he would be matriculating at the University of Georgetown where they didn't require him to practice.

Reaction Score

1. They didn’t produce the documentary.

2. You’re using one PC fans comment as a referendum on the entire fan base. Most of them are just saying he’s a scum bag.

Reaction Score
By lecturing and preaching do you mean building a culture and community? Aka doing his job?

Was he suppose to not do things to bring people together.
He was supposed to not be a hypocrite and do things the right way.

I seriously don’t understand how this is debatable.

“You can be a scum bag as long as it’s your job” is an interesting stance.

Would those players he quit on agree with you that he was “doing his job”?

Reaction Score
Did they dedicate a documentary to it?

I’m sure they didn’t because why would they waste time doing that when they can talk about Peyton Manning.
Who is they ? Are you asking if 1 or 2 guys made a video and said nasty things about Lane Kiffin ? Yes they did. Quite a few did. That's not a difficult youtube search.
Now are you going to say that it doesn't compare because the videos (14 years ago) aren't the same length as this one ? Should they have also had John Fanta ?

I was going to post the first one i found, but the language and images might make temery mad at me.

Reaction Score
Whoa, really? Cooley handled this all so poorly. It will be interesting to see what happens at PC and GT over the next few years. Looking forward to this weekend's games!
You're right. If he cared one bit about PC he would have been gracious about the school and how proud he was about what they had accomplished there.
AND THEN he could have gone on about how he relished the challenge at Georgetown and what his plans were for rebuilding the program..........there was no need to put PC down at his introductory press conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom