OT: Providence | Page 15 | The Boneyard

OT: Providence

Reaction Score
What a ridiculous and awful thing to say.

This guy is a next level narcissist, he had a lot of people fooled.
He said some nice stuff too, but he just couldn't help himself but excuse his own crappy behavior.

Reaction Score
This quote. What an ass.

At least from afar, it seems like he's turned into a completely different guy over the last 365 days. He never said things like this at Providence.

I won't try to psychoanalyze the guy, but there's clearly a lot of to unpack here.

Reaction Score
At least from afar, it seems like he's turned into a completely different guy over the last 365 days. He never said things like this at Providence.

I won't try to psychoanalyze the guy, but there's clearly a lot of to unpack here.
He has more to say in 10 minutes than Patrick Ewing said for an entire season.

Reaction Score
This quote. What an ass.

Damn, Ed Cooley went rogue.

I'm in shock.

In the early years of the new Big East Ed Cooley was such a great ambassador for this conference and help built a sense of brotherhood between the coaches...

What a disgusting 180!

Reaction Score
We were driving from Scottsdale to Palm Desert listening to the game on Sirius and the PC announcers reminded me of the two guys who had a car repair radio show a few years ago. Like real homers having a good time and going wildly up and down emotionally as the game swung one way or the other. Very entertaining rather than just the professional announcers you usually get.

Reaction Score
We were driving from Scottsdale to Palm Desert listening to the game on Sirius and the PC announcers reminded me of the two guys who had a car repair radio show a few years ago. Like real homers having a good time and going wildly up and down emotionally as the game swung one way or the other. Very entertaining rather than just the professional announcers you usually get.
Click and Clack, the Tappet brothers

Reaction Score
Lol, so… How was it? Our resident Boneyard spy love the atmosphere. It sounded terrific on TV. Any good tidbits?
@FriarJ want to get some insight. I was at the game yesterday, decent seats in the lower bowl behind Hoya bench. Not sure if this was apparent on TV....

Once Cooley was out of the tunnel, he spent a good 5 minutes pointing, waving and thumbs-upping fans. Not the general crowd, like specific people. He seemed like he knew someone in every section. I've never seen anything like it, but it seemed like there are still folks who appreciate him in Friartown

My other hypothesis was maybe he was acknowledging the few people not flipping him the bird. I wasn't being demonstrative, just taking in the spectacle and I swear one of his waves was in my direction

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tough break. It was one hell of a game atmosphere.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What a ridiculous and awful thing to say.

This guy is a next level narcissist, he had a lot of people fooled.
Had?

With Norlander as his waterboy in this round, the public relations angle shifts to, "If we work it hard enough, we can get folks to think he's not a POS, and then hope they ignore or don't notice that he's nonetheless FOS." If his teams win, a lot of people will sign on.

Everybody expected Roy Williams to leave Kansas and return to UNC, but he never dropped the, "Aw shucks..." Huckleberry Hound act, and eluded the NCAA hammer into retirement after a long & successful career.

Butch Beard's return to Texas was bumpier.

Maybe Ed Cooley's DIVINE PROVIDENCE lies in guiding Stonehill to unimaginable success. Don't count out a guy who made the Sweet 16 and won 3 NCAA games at a little school in Little Rhody.

A statement released this morning:

"You know, those fans couldn't be as upset with me as they showed yesterday if I hadn't meant so much to them. But I now realize how much pain my departure caused them. I must bear responsibility for breaking their hearts. Of course, it could not be helped.

I am announcing today that I will be singing a duet with Taylor Swift on an upcoming album and all proceeds will be split between funding an endowment for additional security during every Georgetown game at The AMP for so long as I remain the coach at GU, and establishing with a one-time donation the Edward Cooley Center for Recovery from Sports Fan Grief and Trauma at Providence College.

Thanks to me, the Friars will survive. Family Forever. You're welcome. I love you."

We good now?
You betcha.
[wink wink]

CL82

Reaction Score
Oh, I don't know, underage drinking, brawls outside among Friar fans waiting to get in, rampant profanity unchecked by the school, I didn't realize that was the norm.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Oh, I don't know, underage drinking, brawls outside among Friar fans waiting to get in, rampant profanity unchecked by the school, I didn't realize that was the norm.
Ed Cooley's points of pride!

Reaction Score
Once Cooley was out of the tunnel, he spent a good 5 minutes pointing, waving and thumbs-upping fans. Not the general crowd, like specific people. He seemed like he knew someone in every section. I've never seen anything like it, but it seemed like there are still folks who appreciate him in Friartown
Must have been all the mistresses.

CL82

Reaction Score
The video says otherwise. It's kind of pointless for you to "clutch your pearls" and say oh my it didn't happen. It was what it was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom