OT: Providence | Page 16 | The Boneyard

OT: Providence

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sure.

Hey, no need to get upset. You guys got a huge win over the second worst team in the conference. You should be celebrating.

Reaction Score
PC lost at home by 20 to Xavier and we just ran them out of the building in the first half with a houseful of UConn royalty celebrating the 2004 title.

Can we put this thread to bed now?

Reaction Score
@FriarJ want to get some insight. I was at the game yesterday, decent seats in the lower bowl behind Hoya bench. Not sure if this was apparent on TV....

Once Cooley was out of the tunnel, he spent a good 5 minutes pointing, waving and thumbs-upping fans. Not the general crowd, like specific people. He seemed like he knew someone in every section. I've never seen anything like it, but it seemed like there are still folks who appreciate him in Friartown

My other hypothesis was maybe he was acknowledging the few people not flipping him the bird. I wasn't being demonstrative, just taking in the spectacle and I swear one of his waves was in my direction

There were 9 Gtown trustees and family and friends around the bench area. There were also so past trustees who have remained friendly with Cooley and asked to be seated at that end of the court. If you were very friendly with Cooley he's like your drinking buddy friend from college that is fun as hell but always seems to up.

Reaction Score
PC always seems to be a thorn in our side, though it certainly doesn’t look great on paper. Devin Carter is going to have to go off, which is certainly possibly since he’s a stud, but Hurley will basically get to throw all sorts of defensive looks at him. Would have loved to see the matchups this year with both sides at full strength.

Reaction Score
PC always seems to be a thorn in our side, though it certainly doesn’t look great on paper. Devin Carter is going to have to go off, which is certainly possibly since he’s a stud, but Hurley will basically get to throw all sorts of defensive looks at him. Would have loved to see the matchups this year with both sides at full strength.

I love this PC team. I think UConn is objectively better but those guys play too hard to think this is going to be anything other than a battle. Carter’s probably my favorite non-UConn player. Floyd is not.

Reaction Score
I love this PC team. I think UConn is objectively better but those guys play too hard to think this is going to be anything other than a battle. Carter’s probably my favorite non-UConn player. Floyd is not.
I hear you. Carter/Hopkins/Oduro was a really fun core to watch. They would have been a team that could have made some noise if Hopkins doesn’t go down.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was fun to be in and see it first hand
As much as I am a fan neither of Cooley nor PC, that game, in a way was a crystallized version of much of what is great about college basketball. It matters to people in a very personal way.

Pretty cool that you got a chance to see it in person.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
As much as I am a fan neither of Cooley nor PC, that game, in a way was a crystallized version of much of what is great about college basketball. It matters to people in a very personal way.

Pretty cool that you got a chance to see it in person.
Better than Clemson-Duke?

Reaction Score
Sounds as if he's got the "Hoya" fans in his pocket already.......maybe even deeper in his pocket than the PC fans.

Reaction Score
Those Kansas students were in their seats like 2 days before we got to phog allen.
8:00 am is later than i expected.
How anyone from the b12 head offices could see that and not be on the phone with AD DB is beyond me. Hmmm, Maybe a top ranked UConn puts butts in the seats...

Reaction Score
I am impressed by the length and attention to details in this thread. FiarJ has a fans on this board- good for him- seems like a level headed poster- but a 16 page thread on PC? Thats like Angelina Jolie getting a tattoo of me on her arm- maybe could do better?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I actually had a final four future on them before the season due to the talent on the roster, but they just don’t have enough without Hopkins to make any noise…and Floyd in particular is someone they needed a lot more from.

Reaction Score

Providence could win by ten and it wouldn't matter. If we lose #1, if we don't win the BE, if we get knocked out of the BET, it doesn't really matter. It great to be #1 and to win a conference and to be conference tournament champions, but we all know what really matters. What makes history.

In college basketball in 2024, the season starts when the NCAAs start. I would trade beating Pee See and being #1 and wining the BE and the BET in a heartbeat for a Final Four season. Ask Purdue.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the games and I LOVE watching us play well. But the season starts in March. Everything else is window dressing.

Reaction Score
I wish Devin Carter was a Husky. I hate that guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom