OT: Providence | Page 17 | The Boneyard

OT: Providence

Reaction Score
Providence could win by ten and it wouldn't matter. If we lose #1, if we don't win the BE, if we get knocked out of the BET, it doesn't really matter. It great to be #1 and to win a conference and to be conference tournament champions, but we all know what really matters. What makes history.

In college basketball in 2024, the season starts when the NCAAs start. I would trade beating Pee See and being #1 and wining the BE and the BET in a heartbeat for a Final Four season. Ask Purdue.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the games and I LOVE watching us play well. But the season starts in March. Everything else is window dressing.
Is it wrong to want it All?

Reaction Score
Providence could win by ten and it wouldn't matter. If we lose #1, if we don't win the BE, if we get knocked out of the BET, it doesn't really matter. It great to be #1 and to win a conference and to be conference tournament champions, but we all know what really matters. What makes history.

In college basketball in 2024, the season starts when the NCAAs start. I would trade beating Pee See and being #1 and wining the BE and the BET in a heartbeat for a Final Four season. Ask Purdue.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the games and I LOVE watching us play well. But the season starts in March. Everything else is window dressing.
It's time UConn gets some Big East bling so I wouldn't understate the importance of a Big Eas championship this year. It's been too long.

Reaction Score
I wish Devin Carter was a Husky. I hate that guy.
I agree with the sentiment, but i wouldn't trade any of our guys for him, and if he was a Husky, we'd have to. But yes, he's great.

I'm a big fan of Oduro's game. Really enjoy watching him in the limited time i've seen him.

Reaction Score
Awaiting all the PC fans ready to fill up Capital One Arena for the rematch. Unlike UConn fans, they don't travel.

Reaction Score
Is it wrong to want it All?

Nope. As I said, I love watching the games and the team play. I want them to win every time out, every game. Losses are no fun.

But in reality the regular season and conference play are prelude. Would any of us trade the 2023 NCAA crown for a BE or BET title or both? That's why Hurley said this team doesn't fear a loss. He would NOT say that in during the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
Nope. As I said, I love watching the games and the team play. I want them to win every time out, every game. Losses are no fun.

But in reality the regular season and conference play are prelude. Would any of us trade the 2023 NCAA crown for a BE or BET title or both? That's why Hurley said this team doesn't fear a loss. He would NOT say that in during the NCAAs.
Agreed. That said I want to bash St. John’s.

Reaction Score
Honestly this seems like a better spot for you than if we'd lost to Xavier. It's almost impossible to play that well again or make 17 3s, and Xavier seemed checked out from the beginning. You guys will play a lot harder just because of Carter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Lol, it always cracks me up when fans of other teams get into a slap fight on the The Boneyard.

Fight Lol GIF by Odd Creative

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He's got them all fooled. He is a first ballot hall of fame pot stirrer and he's got them believing he's just "one of the nice UConn fans!". LOL.
At least they get to hear about the greatness of Arby's.

Reaction Score

Don't let anger get in the way of the point made: I don't expect PC fans to travel to Washington in early March. I do expect UConn fans in two weeks, however.

Reaction Score
He's got them all fooled. He is a first ballot hall of fame pot stirrer and he's got them believing he's just "one of the nice UConn fans!". LOL.
August West will come back here in mid April and tell some incredibly long story hinting at his motivations. The story will be kind of funny and told over many posts and the thread will span many pages and then the story will just end without him actually telling us why he left here and became a Providence guy.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
“If anything, I should ask Providence College for a bonus check based on the energy that was in here,” Cooley said during his postgame press conference

Reaction Score
August West will come back here in mid April and tell some incredibly long story hinting at his motivations. The story will be kind of funny and told over many posts and the thread will span many pages and then the story will just end without him actually telling us why he left here and became a Providence guy.
Is he actually a Providence fan now?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is he actually a Providence fan now?
He’s the anti @kobe, anti @freescooter, UConn fan. Numero uno church league (noobie) supporter for UConn basketball.

Probably his new forum has far fewer posters supporting UConn’s move to a power conference. That could change depending on the outcome Wednesday!

However, as I write this, it occurs to me he might be playing the role of the aforementioned individuals and therefore anti would be completely wrong. I have no intention heading to that forum. So perhaps someone who has can relate if he is playing the role of “annoying swat” who incorrectly believes his appearance is accomplishing the intended trolling.

Second word in quotes in the previous paragraph is supposed to begin with t but profanity filter prevents it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom