OT Pats | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Pats

Reaction Score
The chiefs even looked like they intentionally pass interfered non call or not, because they know the Pats, struggle to get it into the end zone without Gronk.

Reaction Score
I’m a Giants fan we suck. We didn’t play today so I watched the Pats and there were some bad calls like usual every week in every game. But you can’t complain about the refs as a Pats fan the scale has tipped your way for a long long time in that regard. No doubt you had a couple awful ones but just so you know others have had the same thoughts over the years after losing to you. Happens move on.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Patriots fan but I watched the entire game. That officiating crew was awful. There were a lot of missed calls both ways. And I can't remember another game that had so many thrown flags that were picked up and described as not fouls. It was just a bad job all around.

Reaction Score
I was honestly the most surprised on that pass interference. Just from th live shot, I was like, ok he was tackled, that's a flag. Aaaaaaand....nothing.

Ref was right there:

View attachment 48981
and they still wouldnt have gotten it into the EZ, like I was saying the Chiefs intentially interfered willing to give the Pats the ball on the goal line knowing your Dline was stopping the run and getting to Brady at will knowing the Pats have no EZ threat, that jump ball at the end would have been Gronks ball instead and Edelman is most likely in the middle or at the 1st down marker.

Reaction Score
The pats panicked always take the pts early in the game, you go for it on 4th and 7 you better convert especially against Mahomes, the 3rd and forever earlier in the game usually unsung heroes have to beat Pats D knowing Belichick will take away your 1st option and even your 2nd option, they let some no one WR dont even know his name beat them, and they can't protect Brady pats are not built to come from behind, as we saw at the end, no one can get separation other then Edelman.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a Patriots and Eagles fan. I think complaining about officiating or accusing other teams of cheating make football fans sound like whiny baseball fans. Not a good look.

Reaction Score
The entire Patriots existence for the last 20 years was born from a blown call. They can take it once in a while.
The Tuck Rule was a stupid rule that was correctly enforced in that game. Not a blown call in any way.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The entire Patriots existence for the last 20 years was born from a blown call. They can take it once in a while.

Yes, because Brady and Belichick would have sucked if the tuck rule hadn't gone their way. Solid take.

Reaction Score
I’m a Giants fan we suck. We didn’t play today so I watched the Pats and there were some bad calls like usual every week in every game. But you can’t complain about the refs as a Pats fan the scale has tipped your way for a long long time in that regard. No doubt you had a couple awful ones but just so you know others have had the same thoughts over the years after losing to you. Happens move on.

People want the Patriots to lose every game they watch them play. So you don't normally see all the sketchy calls against them but you note all the sketchy calls in their favor. I get it--people hate them. But the perception of them is pretty simple to understand. Even this year with the two ridiculous tripping calls in the Dallas game, no one noted the equally ridiculous crackback and holding call against the Patriots that similarly ended two drives. I think this KC game is notable because all 4 calls happened in succession in the last quarter. Well, there was one horrid OPI against Kelce that broke them up, but...

Reaction Score

The Raiders/Patriots game doesn't even happen if not for the tuck rule. The Jets beat the Patriots that year when the tuck rule was enforced on a game ending fumble by Testaverde. Jets then proceeded to win the game. That changed the playoff seeding.

Reaction Score
If I can find the article/analysis there was a piece that studied penalties/ calls and if they hurt/ helped teams and the Patriots were far and way (almost an anomaly they were so far ahead of th next closest team) with calls in their favor.

So it's just a regression to the mean, finally

Reaction Score
If I can find the article/analysis there was a piece that studied penalties/ calls and if they hurt/ helped teams and the Patriots were far and way (almost an anomaly they were so far ahead of th next closest team) with calls in their favor.

The Jesse James play in Pittsburgh a few years ago comes to mind. Gifted the Patriots home field and a cakewalk to the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
Its very interesting seeing Brady in uncharted territory, being 42 physically hes fine, I'm hearing is still livid at the Pats for planning on Garrapolo replacing him, rumor has it that he would be willing to play for another team, I have a feeling the Pats will trade up in the draft and take Tua essentially give him a redshirt year if Brady does stay.

Reaction Score

The Patriots have long been known as one of the least penalized most disciplined teams in football!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom