OT: Pats-Colts | Page 24 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just like Spygate when they suddenly got rid of all evidence without anyone seeing outside of who the NFL chose, this will do the same. Just stop talking about it, it's going to go away!

Richard Sherman is closer on this than anyone dares to believe!;)

Reaction Score
I live in Boston and root for the Pats (it's USUALLY more fun and interesting if they win ) but I probably watched 4 games at most this year. I'm sure that makes me a Pats fan to non pats fans while simultaneously not a fan to Pats fans.
#1 I am apalled by the theater of this as a thoughtful human. 2. I resent how it's made my bandwagon ride bumpy.

In conclusion to be fair you can't call pats fans defensive for posting while posting about it yourself without being a tad hypocritical.

Reaction Score
As you say, the fact is 11 footballs were under-inflated for one half of one game. Most people don't think that footballs will just under-inflate themselves. The fact that the Colts footballs were properly inflated and the Pats weren't and the Patriots previously running afoul of the rules leads many to believe they intentionally deflated the footballs, it seems like a fairly logical conclusion.

If you start at 12.5 and move to colder weather, there will be deflation. PERIOD.

Reaction Score

You have to realize that came from Glazer. Florio is saying exactly the opposite. He's saying the balls were at 11.5 PSI. Glazer has already come on record to say the NFL did a sting. Earlier in this thread I discounted that, because if they had done a sting, they would have kept eyes on the footballs. They wouldn't have needed to measure them at all.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You have to realize that came from Glazer. Florio is saying exactly the opposite. He's saying the balls were at 11.5 PSI. Glazer has already come on record to say the NFL did a sting. Earlier in this thread I discounted that, because if they had done a sting, they would have kept eyes on the footballs. They wouldn't have needed to measure them at all.
I honestly don't intend this in a bad way as you are obviously an all in fan (kind of the definition or true fan), but how much time have you spent since the game searching for links and reading takes on what might have happened?

For the record I started this entire debacle thinking that the Patriots obviously cheated and have changed my stance to they were probably right on the edge of legal in the equipment room and the conditions lowered PSI (but I'm pretty sure the balls never got to 14 pounds true weight). The other balls probably started a pound PSI or so higher and didn't break the minimum. Really nothing to see here.

But really, how much time have you spent on this?

Reaction Score
Here's what I think this will come down to - one filthy rich ball boy in a couple years! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I honestly don't intend this in a bad way as you are obviously an all in fan (kind of the definition or true fan), but how much time have you spent since the game searching for links and reading takes on what might have happened?

For the record I started this entire debacle thinking that the Patriots obviously cheated and have changed my stance to they were probably right on the edge of legal in the equipment room and the conditions lowered PSI (but I'm pretty sure the balls never got to 14 pounds true weight). The other balls probably started a pound PSI or so higher and didn't break the minimum. Really nothing to see here.

But really, how much time have you spent on this?

Well since you asked how much time I spent, I put in a 14 hour day at work, just got home. 8 to 10. I opened my app, clicked on Tapatalk, and there I have it: patsfans.com. All the relevant articles laid out for me. So, how much time reading links? Less than a minute. How much time posting in this thread? Hours.

And, I commented here before I saw the Glauber link countering Glazer: http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...gate-was-not-an-nfl-sting-operation-1.9849751

All the stuff Glazer was reporting should never have made sense to anyone. How could a multibillion entity run a sting operation and then not keep its eyes on the balls. Preposterous.

I'm sure you meant 14 ounces. As for the Colts balls, we don't even know if they were checked. NFL hasn't said anything. But if they didn't move at all, or if they only moved as much as the Patriots balls, then only 2 things are possible:

1. They were inflated very high
2. They were inflated outdoors (Colts don't have an equipment room at Gillette, they may have been inflated in Indy)

I'll say this: whatever the PSI for Indy's balls, it should have been lower so that Andrew Luck wouldn't have suffered his 13 for 39 day by overthrowing his receivers.

Reaction Score
Especially when a ballboy takes them into a room and deflates them.

Yep but the real good news for this kid is whoever asked him to do this makes a ton of dough. He and his family will be real happy to tell the "truth" I am sure.

Reaction Score
Another thing about this. The game was played at around 50 degrees, not 0. How hot was this room that they keep the footballs in? Probably 68-70 degrees? There is no way a 20 degree temp change, at most, drops the PSI that much.

Reaction Score
Yep but the real good news for this kid is whoever asked him to do this makes a ton of dough. He and his family will be real happy to tell the "truth" I am sure.

You guys will believe anything.

Reaction Score

Well, Bob Kraft certainly doubled down on it with his press conference today. Kraft is about as big a Goodell fan as there is so I don't think he'd come out so stridently if he didn't feel comfortable with what he was saying.

What irks me the most about this Ballghazi nonsense - besides the fact that no one seems to have any idea what actually happened - is the way people seize on this as evidence that the Pats are "cheaters" compared to the rest of the league. Pete Carroll and the Seahawks were fined $300,000 for having prohibited practices. Don't even start on the Seahawks' PED suspensions. John Elway's Super Bowl team was fined a million bucks for impermissibly deferring payments to Elway to circumvent the salary cap. Twice. Ray Lewis ate a baby reindeer and killed a guy. Allegedly. If you want to go back to the 70s the Steelers allegedly intentionally iced portions of the field before the '76 AFC championship against the Raiders. This entire story is a farce, even without the Keystone Kops nature of the "investigation."

Reaction Score
What irks me the most about this Ballghazi nonsense - besides the fact that no one seems to have any idea what actually happened - is the way people seize on this as evidence that the Pats are "cheaters" compared to the rest of the league. Pete Carroll and the Seahawks were fined $300,000 for having prohibited practices. Don't even start on the Seahawks' PED suspensions. John Elway's Super Bowl team was fined a million bucks for impermissibly deferring payments to Elway to circumvent the salary cap. Twice. Ray Lewis ate a baby reindeer and killed a guy. Allegedly. If you want to go back to the 70s the Steelers allegedly intentionally iced portions of the field before the '76 AFC championship against the Raiders. This entire story is a farce, even without the Keystone Kops nature of the "investigation."

What I see is people getting punished for what they did. But you want no punishment for Pats. I think that is nonsense.

Reaction Score
Mahadevan estimated that a drop from 80 degrees to 53 degrees would cause the pressure to fall from 12.5 to 11.9 pounds per square inch.

Like I said, and I am sure the balls weren't strored at 80 degrees.

First off others reported the balls were at 11.5

Second the balls were wet.

Third, you're saying you know more than MIT professors.

Reaction Score

So, wait. The kid is going to be rich because he had to pee?

The kid was in the bathroom for one minute, and not only did he have the 12 Patriots balls with him, but also the 12 Colts balls (he's an NFL employee).

Every I think time the media can't drop to more absurd levels, it does. Now we're into the story of a kid in a bathroom, his ballbag, and a stream of leaks.

Reaction Score
First off others reported the balls were at 11.5

Second the balls were wet.

Third, you're saying you know more than MIT professors.

No, but I can read. And when they use phrases like:

" that “there are a lot of fuzzy numbers” being talked about, and the accuracy of the meters used to measure the footballs is unknown."

called the ball-rubbing argument “technically possible.”“If there’s enough friction, it could change the pressure,”

Mahadevan estimated that a drop from 80 degrees to 53 degrees would cause the pressure to fall from 12.5 to 11.9 pounds per square inch.

I know what it means. To you it means, VINDICATED, but it doesn't.

Upstater reading the article:

Reaction Score
Well, Bob Kraft certainly doubled down on it with his press conference today. Kraft is about as big a Goodell fan as there is so I don't think he'd come out so stridently if he didn't feel comfortable with what he was saying.

Ray Lewis is a scumbag but he didn't kill anyone, one of the Patriots star players was geeked out on angel dust and just so happens to be a serial killer, his trial starts this week. Deflecting by saying there are other cheaters too is such a lame defense, the Pats apologists are looking desperate.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
MIT? Carnegie Mellon? Those guys are frauds. You need to believe Bill Nye. He's been on TV, so he's more credible.

Tomorrow, Sid the Science Kid and Dr. Benton Quest will really blow the lid off this thing.

Tell me how this was a legitimate study?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom