OT: Patriots | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I guess I should give the names and addresses of Giants fans to you.

It was a joke.

Star QB? Uh, Ok.
Not sure if this is sarcastic or not, but was genuinely curious what your reasoning was for not listing him, more as a gauge of just how biased you are than anything else.

Reaction Score
It was a joke.

Not sure if this is sarcastic or not, but was genuinely curious what your reasoning was for not listing him, more as a gauge of just how biased you are more than anything.

A lot of animosity from Pats fans on Eli and there's no denying that one. It's everywhere - "he sucks" "he's lucky" "look at all the int's" (which is true but not knowing why for the most part). This is not anything new.

Reaction Score
So some guy who writes for 'thesportster', named, I kid you not, Gonzo Green compiles his own most hated list....and that is supposed to mean something? C'moooon man.

And I'd be absolutely unsurprised that Tom would be on a most hated list too. Great players are the most polarizing: idolized for winning, and hated because of jealousy and being beaten all the time. That's what happens when your the best.

But the rest of the country loves Brady:

I just picked one of the lists of hated that Brady was on, there is many more. You said he was universally loved but now you're making exuses why he isn't. Which is it?

Reaction Score
People who don't think Eli is good are idiots. He may not be Top 5, but he's good. And frankly, I wouldn't take his brother over him in the Playoffs.

And that's not anything I even said. I never wrote he's average or even bad.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Does it get any better than the Jets winning?

the Jets won one of their two Super Bowls they play every year, awesomeness baby :)

in all seriousness, nice win for gang green, their season was riding on that game

and if they couldn't beat the Pats in that game at that time under those circumstances, when would they beat the Pats?

I didn't like the game going in, the stars were aligned in the wrong formation, and then they give the Jets the ball AND the wind in OT

WTF? a classic

Reaction Score
Eli and Peyton?

Damn I was going to stay away, darn it;)

The whole conversation isn't even about who is a good QB. We were discussing why (other than winning) someone would be hated. I said I can't think of star QBs other than Brady and Rodgers who haven't screwed up at some point outside the football field. Who are the star QBs? Brees, Rodgers, Peyton, Roehtlisberger. When Newton wins MVP, maybe he'll deserve it. Carson Palmer may be in that category but he has so many inconsistent seasons, it's hard to place him there. Eli Manning is in the good category with Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco.

That's how I'd rate them anyway.

Stars:

1. Brady
2. Peyton
3. Rodgers
4. Brees

Almost Stars:

5. Newton
6. Palmer

Good:

7A. Flacco
7B. Eli
9. Russell Wilson

Reaction Score
The whole conversation isn't even about who is a good QB. We were discussing why (other than winning) someone would be hated. I said I can't think of star QBs other than Brady and Rodgers who haven't screwed up at some point outside the football field. Who are the star QBs? Brees, Rodgers, Peyton, Roehtlisberger. When Newton wins MVP, maybe he'll deserve it. Carson Palmer may be in that category but he has so many inconsistent seasons, it's hard to place him there. Eli Manning is in the good category with Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco.

That's how I'd rate them anyway.

Stars:

1. Brady
2. Peyton
3. Rodgers
4. Brees

Almost Stars:

5. Newton
6. Palmer

Good:

7A. Flacco
7B. Eli
9. Russell Wilson
How do you define "star" because under any definition this list makes no sense.

Palmer has 0 career playoff wins and Cam has 1, but they are ahead of 4 guys with at least 1 ring?

Reaction Score

Palmer has 0 career playoff wins and Cam has 1, but they are ahead of 4 guys with at least 1 ring?

MVP level play, but I actually didnt include them as stars

I also had Ben R. included in my paragraph above but then forgot to add him into the list at about #5

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I just picked one of the lists of hated that Brady was on, there is many more. You said he was universally loved but now you're making exuses why he isn't. Which is it?

It's both. Like a lot of people on the top of these lists. Jeter was the same. Goes with the territory.

And I never said 'universally', just that he was a very popular player. And he is. Just as he is also hated by another contingent for winning too damn much.

Reaction Score

I also had Ben R. included in my paragraph above but then forgot to add him into the list at about #5
MVP level play when? Over what time period?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Russell Wilson has been playing out of his mind the second half of the season (with the odd blip here or there). He's higher imo. He really doesn't have a ton to work with out there.

Reaction Score
"Eli Manning is in the good category with Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco."

Says upstater and that's basically the Word of the Yard. :rolleyes:

By the way Wilson is better than anyone the last few weeks, everyone!

Reaction Score
"Eli Manning is in the good category with Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco."

Says upstater and that's basically the Word of the Yard. :rolleyes:

By the way Wilson is better than anyone the last few weeks, everyone!

I also remember the 3 weeks when Marc Bulger was the best QB in football back in 2003.

Reaction Score
In sports being hated is a good thing. I'd be willing to bet, that when he was coaching ,Calhoun would not have done well in a national poll.

True, but I am not the one that said that Brady was loved all over the country.

Reaction Score
Funny listening to Patriots fans in Giants territory. The New York market is far more important to the UConn brand than the Boston market. Boston news and television sports reporting rarely ever mentions or discusses the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Funny listening to Patriots fans in Giants territory. The New York market is far more important to the UConn brand than the Boston market. Boston news and television sports reporting rarely ever mentions or discusses the Huskies.
Nor does the NY news. Both NY and Boston are pro markets. Neither do well with college sports. Boston may be a big college town but it isn't a college sports town.

Reaction Score
Nor does the NY news. Both NY and Boston are pro markets. Neither do well with college sports. Boston may be a big college town but it isn't a college sports town.
They do cover UConn bball in NYC.

willie99

Reaction Score

would you really take Flacco over Cam or Wilson?

willie99

Reaction Score
Modern day "A" list, in no particular order

Brady
Cam
Ben
Palmer
Rogers
Brees

"A-", but playing very well in recent weeks which is why I even mention them

Wilson
Cousins (go ahead, go boneyard on me, but he's been great for a few weeks now, look it up)
Dalton

willie99

Reaction Score
Did you know?

Peyton still leads the league in interceptions :cool:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Man, Wilson not feeling the love here. You guys are nuts. He's probably the second best 'young QB', behind Cam. And Wilson has proved it in crunch time, on the biggest stages, which is a huge huge tick in the plus column for him.

Reaction Score
And Wilson has proved it in crunch time, on the biggest stages, which is a huge huge tick in the plus column for him.

What other QB has done that and gets no respect from Pats fans? Hmmmmmmm.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What other QB has done that and gets no respect from Pats fans? Hmmmmmmm.

Who Eli? He gets plenty of respect from Pats fans. I think as whole, they probably respect him more than Peyton!

We think he's a mouth breather of course, but when you look like this, how could you not? The Manning face is genetic.

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01