OT: Patriots | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are absolutely mis-remembering the start of the bandwagon for both teams, Mau. The Patriots bandwagon got rolling in the early 90s when Kraft bought the team and brought in Bill Parcells, who then drafted Drew Bledsoe.

Talk about misremembering. The Pats bandwagon was in full swing before Kraft bought the team. Bill Parcells deserves all the credit for turning the franchise around. Tuna was brought in by the previous owner and by the time Kraft got in there was a waiting list for season tickets. Kraft almost undid all the good work by running Parcells out and bringing in a pathetic Pete Carrol. Kraft gets credit for hiring Belichick of course, but without that hire, Kraft is just another smarmy owner.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Talk about misremembering.
Nothing like revisiting a 2 week old discussion...:rolleyes:

So what, other than who preceded who between Parcells and Kraft, was I grossly wrong about? The point of my post was to illustrate when the current Patriots bandwagon go rolling. It was not with Belichick as Mau insinuated, at least not in my cozy corner of Central Massachusetts.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kraft almost undid all the good work by running Parcells out and bringing in a pathetic Pete Carrol. Kraft gets credit for hiring Belichick of course, but without that hire, Kraft is just another smarmy owner.

Or he might have hired/found somebody else good. You just don't know. One of the reasons the Pats are good is because their owner is good. Staying out of
all football decisions--something Kraft had to learn (see Terry Glenn), being will to spend money on a variety of things, setting the cultural floor of the franchise, successfully building the brand, PR, etc. It's not mistake that most of the best franchises have good owners. Obviously Brad/Belichick play a huge role in the Pats.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So what, other than who preceded who between Parcells and Kraft, was I grossly wrong about? The point of my post was to illustrate when the current Patriots bandwagon go rolling. It was not with Belichick as Mau insinuated, at least not in my cozy corner of Central Massachusetts.

I just thought it was funny you were setting someone straight while not knowing what you were talking about. Almost as funny as this post where you take me to task for correcting you while making sure to remind us that the other guy got it wrong.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
One of the reasons the Pats are good is because their owner is good.

Let's be honest, the Pats are good because of Belichick. Period. I suppose it's good that the Krafts stay out of his way, but how much credit do they really deserve for that? They get credit for maximizing revenues, of course.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Let's be honest, the Pats are good because of Belichick. Period. I suppose it's good that the Krafts stay out of his way, but how much credit do they really deserve for that? They get credit for maximizing revenues, of course.

Yup, Brady has nothing to do w it. :)

Owners can duckck up good situations all the time, so it a skill to keep a steady ship. If it wasn't, everyone would do it, and be more successful as a result.

And let's be honest, Tuna would have left sooner or later. He was never one to stick around much. I think he was better prepared salary cap. Not quite as good post cap Era.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I just thought it was funny you were setting someone straight while not knowing what you were talking about. Almost as funny as this post where you take me to task for correcting you while making sure to remind us that the other guy got it wrong.
thanks for setting me straight.

Reaction Score
I am dying to know what the heck is going on in Patriot land lately. Chandler Jones showing up to FBPD shirtless and wasted, 5 police officers sent to his house to secure it, Gronk missing a few days before a playoff game, Belichick's got a black eye...

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I am dying to know what the heck is going on in Patriot land lately. Chandler Jones showing up to FBPD shirtless and wasted, 5 police officers sent to his house to secure it, Gronk missing a few days before a playoff game, Belichick's got a black eye...

1st rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club.

Reaction Score

it's all just a clever ruse to make people thing the team is distracted... yeah something like that....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
intlzncster said:

Crown of the helmet hits the facemask of the Chiefs player. Just as dangerous and cheap as burficts hit last week.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Penalty? Yes. Dirty? Hardly. Hard to determine intent whrn there is no history.

Reaction Score
Crown of the helmet hits the facemask of the Chiefs player. Just as dangerous and cheap as burficts hit last week.

If Amendola led with the crown of his helmet to the face mask of the Chiefs player, how come you can see the top of his helmet when he hits him?

Like others have said, it was a penalty, but Fouts' description of what happened didn't match what happened on the field.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His shoulder hit the Chief's player's face mask. Still pretty dirty since the Chiefs player was looking up to receive the punt.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
His shoulder hit the Chief's player's face mask. Still pretty dirty since the Chiefs player was looking up to receive the punt.

Yeah, clearly tried to block him and missed. That sort of thing happens every game. Looks easy in slow motion, but not at speed. Given that he's a small receiver/return man, not at all surprising it was technically poorly executed. Amendola's not a remotely dirty player. Burfict is closer to is a borderline criminal. Former gets benefit of the doubt. I'm surprised it took the latter this long to get suspended.

What was disappointing was that Amendola, as a return man, tried to block him at all. That's a penalty, whether it was executed legally or not. Not smart football.

EDIT: Actually, I could be wrong there. That's a play the Patriots are coached to execute:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...-belichick-on-danny-amendola-block-legal-play

"I saw him block the guy trying to down the ball," Belichick answered. "It’s hard to tell from the coaching film where the hit occurred, but it was a legal play. We’re allowed to block him. He didn’t give a fair catch signal, so he’s allowed to block, and then after the play when [Dezman] Moses came over and snatched his facemask and started shaking him, I’m not really sure what all happened on that. There were a lot of bodies around there, a lot of pushing and shoving and all that. I don’t know, I think you’d have to ask the officials exactly what they called on that."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To completely veer off topic: Since I brought up Jerry Jones in this thread as an incompetence owner, thought I'd offer up the latest example. Just when I thought he couldn't possibly be any dumber, he goes and does something like this... and totally redeem himself! Would you want this guy in charge of your health?

Tony Romo is entertaining a few options for helping to heal his broken collarbone, including having a metal plate surgically attached to prevent future issues, according to a report by Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. The Dallas Cowboys quarterback has fractured his left collarbone three times since 2010, so he is familiar with the healing process. "We have a few ideas of what we can do with the collarbone," Romo said as a guest of Norm Hitzges on 1310 The Ticket. "There are a few plans." One of the plans Romo discussed was the insertion of the small plate, which he claimed "should ensure that that [break] doesn't happen, or the percentage of that goes way, way down." Although Romo seems willing to undergo the surgery as a preventative measure, owner/GM Jerry Jones didn't seem too pleased with the idea of his franchise QB going under the knife. "Unless something occurs that hasn't occurred, he will not have a plate," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. "He will heal naturally. It's the way to go." With a promising season already lost to injury, it will be interesting to see what measures Romo ultimately decides to undergo to prevent missing more time in the future, and how much of an influence Jones will have on those decisions.

Giants, Jets, and Pats fans can completely agree on one thing.....being very, very thankful that our respective owners are NOT Jerry Jones.
Been staying out of this food fight until now...

You really think Jerry Jones is making medical decisions in Dallas ? Just stop.

In case you missed it, this very terribly run organization was 12-4 last year and on the upswing. Just so happens they lost their top 3 offensive skill players from that season - Romo to injury, Murray to Philly, and Dez to injury. They'll be fine.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You really think Jerry Jones is making medical decisions in Dallas ? Just stop.

uh, no I don't. But GM shouldn't be disagreeing with a QBs statement/wishes RE recovery in public. All it does is cause unnecessary controversy.

In case you missed it, this very terribly run organization was 12-4 last year and on the upswing. Just so happens they lost their top 3 offensive skill players from that season - Romo to injury, Murray to Philly, and Dez to injury. They'll be fine.

Dude, Dallas has won 2 playoff games in the last 20 years. Two! That is the definition of a dumpster fire.

The above is simply another small example of the sh_tshow which is Dallas. Jones has been inexorably sliding down that slippery slope. Next he's going to see if he can get Aaron Hernandez a reprieve to suit up next year.

I get they were good last year. But we'll see how that pans out next. Romo is past his prime. Dez is a headcase. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Patriot nation would have been beside themselves if that's all the penalty was on the Chiefs I promise. Heard the fat dude on with Joe D a while ago and said the only difference in his play and the LB from the Bengals is Danny was trying to make a play? What a idiot homer statement.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Patriot nation would have been beside themselves if that's all the penalty was on the Chiefs I promise. Heard the fat dude on with Joe D a while ago and said the only difference in his play and the LB from the Bengals is Danny was trying to make a play? What a idiot homer statement.

Uh, it makes sense. The ball was live when Amendola went for the block (as he's coached to do). Burfict's hit came after the ball was past, and for all intents and purposes, the play is dead vis a vis a receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom