OT - NBA off-season thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - NBA off-season thread

Reaction Score
I'm so high on Griffin. When he is healthy he is dominant , mainly because of his size and passing. The guy is a wondrous passer. I never thought he matched up well with cp3 because they both sort of play the same; blake at the elbow in pnr as a handler vs cp who runs pnr every where

I agree with everything, he was a legit MVP candidate 3 years ago. Just hope he stays healthy.

Reaction Score
Teague to Twolves, Patty Mills resigns with Spurs, Tony Snell to Bucks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The only thing that makes sense is that Indiana has a much higher evaluation of Oladipo than others. This trade is so shocking, can't believe no one else could beat that offer. Oladipo's contract might look pretty terrible if he doesn't improve. Is Love really less of an asset than Oladipo + Sabonis?

I can't get on the Celtics for not trading for a guy who was very likely going to leave after a year. Jimmy Butler, on the other hand, seemed to be available at a reasonable price, and I wonder if the same was true of Griffin.

Nobody wanna trade wit Danny.

Celtics offer on draft night for Paul George, per league source, was 3 first-round picks (not the Nets pick next year or the Lakers/Kings pick) and two starters (Crowder being one). Celtics offer on draft night for Paul George, per league source, was 3 first-round picks (not the Nets pick next year or the Lakers/Kings pick) and two starters (Crowder being one).

Celtics trade offer for Paul George back at trade deadline, per league source: Brooklyn pick (wound up being No. 1) and 3 other first-rounders.
Celtics trade offer for Paul George back at trade deadline, per league source: Brooklyn pick (wound up being No. 1) and 3 other first-rounders.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Celtics offer on draft night for Paul George, per league source, was 3 first-round picks (not the Nets pick next year or the Lakers/Kings pick) and two starters (Crowder being one). Celtics offer on draft night for Paul George, per league source, was 3 first-round picks (not the Nets pick next year or the Lakers/Kings pick) and two starters (Crowder being one).

Seems pretty clear that either 1) Ainge pissed folks off so much they refuse to do business with him, or 2) players don't want to play in Boston, or 3) both.

"2" is why I think the Celtics should've gone after Nerlens.

Reaction Score
Thread to discuss how our alum are doing in the various summer leagues starting up today. So far what I have seen:

Hamilton with OKC
Daniels with Portland
Brimah with Chicago

Hoping to see the following names pop up somewhere:

Purvis
Boatright (give him another shot!)
Facey
Gibbs
Miller

I'd put it as a long shot that any of these guys stick with a team this year, but hopefully they can show out in these summer league games and get noticed.

Reaction Score
The whole "we'll take less to stay together" only applies to "other" guys

Why is Livingston staying @ GSW for 3 years $24M, probably could get $12-15 other places

But Steph takes his supermax $$

Even scarier, twice tonight I heard GSW are targeting Rudy Gay if Iggy leaves.

Reaction Score
Damn, if Rudy Gay goes to GS, I might actually root for them.

Seems like the Timberwolves are really making moves. That is going to be an exciting team to watch next year.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Hahaha Ainge has too many friends in the media. Somehow a better trade offer always gets leaked to the media every time the Celtics swing and miss.

Reaction Score

Paul George also made it clear to the Pacers after draft night he was not resigning and wanted to go to LA, I am sure knowing that the Pacers would have taken either deal and once Boston learned George was not going to sign an extension their offer changed. A 1 year rental for George is a really bad deal for Boston, he is not the missing piece next year.

Reaction Score
The whole "we'll take less to stay together" only applies to "other" guys

Why is Livingston staying @ GSW for 3 years $24M, probably could get $12-15 other places

But Steph takes his supermax $$

2-time MVP, 2-Champ. It was time to cash in.

Livingston has a chance to make a lot of money and be part of an historic run. He was in a can't lose situation.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Paul George also made it clear to the Pacers after draft night he was not resigning and wanted to go to LA, I am sure knowing that the Pacers would have taken either deal and once Boston learned George was not going to sign an extension their offer changed. A 1 year rental for George is a really bad deal for Boston, he is not the missing piece next year.

Didn't know that. Adds context.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Hahaha Ainge has too many friends in the media. Somehow a better trade offer always gets leaked to the media every time the Celtics swing and miss.

There's probably some truth to this, but I've no doubt some front office guys were spooked given how Danny has fleeced multiple GM's over the past years.

Reaction Score

I've heard that. On the surface it sounds like Boston's offer is much better, but if those picks are all late first, what are we really talking about? It's a spot where the amount of picks Ainge has compiled might be is worst nightmare - practical as you may want to be, I can see how it would be tough to stomach taking a bunch of protected first round picks in return with the Brooklyn and LA picks sitting right there.

I, along with most other people, question the haul Indiana got back. But it could be as simple as them just really liking Sabonis. The fact that Oladipo played his college ball at IU might also play a role - they'd never admit it, but if you're going to re-build, you have to give the fans something to come watch.

Reaction Score
2-time MVP, 2-Champ. It was time to cash in.

Livingston has a chance to make a lot of money and be part of an historic run. He was in a can't lose situation.
Yeah it was time for Steph to cash in. He was coming off arguably the most team friendly contract in the NBA

Reaction Score
You're selling Woj short if you think he'd be easily tricked like that.

It's worth noting a handful of teams in the West also thought their offers were superior. Turns out Indy is yet another trash bag of an organization.

Reaction Score
Damn, if Rudy Gay goes to GS, I might actually root for them.

Seems like the Timberwolves are really making moves. That is going to be an exciting team to watch next year.

Not a fan of trading Rubio for Teague (@ $6mil more) and a pick. They still have more moves to make.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think its more that there are a whole lot of folks who don't want to see either the Celts or the Lakers to be dominate again
JMHO

Reaction Score
Denver is positioning themselves to make a huge jump next year as well. It appears they lead for Millsap, who would be perfect with Jokic. They already have a plethora of talented young wings and Gary Harris is one of the most underrated 2 way players in the League @ SG. If Murray (who I really like) or Mudiay (who I don't like, but is very young) can establish themselves as plus PGs, this team will be awesome.

Reaction Score
JJ Redick to Philly. That team could actually be good next year.

Reaction Score
JJ Redick to Philly. That team could actually be good next year.
Doubtful.

They could make the playoffs in what's sure to be a dreadful East, but let's see them stay healthy and win 40 games before expecting much.

Reaction Score
Only glanced at the box score, but doesn't look like Hamilton had a great opening game.

Reaction Score
Doubtful.

They could make the playoffs in what's sure to be a dreadful East, but let's see them stay healthy and win 40 games before expecting much.

If Embiid stays healthy I think there is a chance he is the 3rd best player in the East. Lots of qualifiers but the possibilty is there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom