OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Jimmy the Greek lost his job/career for saying pretty much the same thing.
That is true. I wish there was more focus on actions rather than words, but there is no denying the use of words and phasing is important too - as we have seen on this board. I also think to get the entire picture of LaVar, you can't entirely ignore the fact he married a white woman decades ago when interracial marriages were not as common and likely experienced some episodes of racism as a result.
I think, at some point, an observer needs to look at a process (basketball) where the majority of kids who play it as kids are whites, yet by age 21 maybe 85% of the NBA players are black. In general, better foot speed is one possible explanation worth studying. I don't think it's outrageous to consider that and I think some on this board - who have actually played the game themselves are being disengenous about their experience. I also recognize we have many casual fans here (who we are blessed with) - who have never played the game themselves - and they are coming at this in a political context or as someone taking part in a class room discussion that has free speech limitations - which unfortunately is typical of college campuses today.

Last edited by a moderator:

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
It's all academic. Lonzo Ball's shot is going to be crammed down his throat the first time he gets NBA minutes.

C

Chief00

I doubt it would be "all good" if a white parent made an equivalent racial slur.
The SJWs would already have surrounded the guy's house.

I always come down on the freedom of speech side even if I disagree with the point of view - unless it's hate type of speech. I personally don't see that element here - I think that's his opinion from watching lots of basketball.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Racism is not a definition in language it's people treating someone really badly because of their race. I don't see evidence of that in LaVar. He thought the reason his son's team lost was because 3 white dudes were too slow. Mr. Enoch thought his son did not develop because of his son's African American coach. MAL was disappointed a white coach had left the school.

All these dudes may or may not be wrong, but I don't think any of them are racist.
Racism is a philosophy and and subjective false mental construct for some based in the psuedo-science of Eugenics and/or their stereo types from drawing conclusions based on their own biased opinions. It may be expressed or reside in the mind. His statement seems to project that whites are athletically inferior to blacks because they are scientifically proven to be slower. That's not science. It is a racial opinion, hence racism.

C

Chief00

Racism is a philosophy and and subjective false mental construct for some based in the psuedo-science of Eugenics and/or their stereo types from drawing conclusions based on their own biased opinions. It may be expressed or reside in the mind. His statement seems to project that whites are athletically inferior to blacks because they are scientifically proven to be slower. That's not science. It is a racial opinion, hence racism.

Let's go to science and data then - of the top ten 100 meter guys in the USA - how many are white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom