OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
No it isn't. It is prejudice based on a stereotype. If he was the head coach and only recruited black kids based on his prejudice, then it would be racist.

But, you know what, if people believe racism is still a problem, the last thing you want to do is squelch discussion of steteotypes, prejudices and racism. Let the man say what he believes and then you can say why you think he is wrong. Those discussions lead to understanding and enlightenment. Chief isn't wrong here, you guys are.

You too.

Definition of RACISM

He said "white guys foot speed is too slow"

I really don't understand how this is difficult to understand.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
People are too uptight, look who said it, just laugh(or ignore) and move on. Everything he says is to further his brand, no such thing as bad publicity.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Lonzo half white & black? His mother is white. And LaVar is black. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I'm not sure what LaVar is saying here. Seems odd to me. Don't be insulting Momma, LaVar! LOL
Maybe they isn't was his attempt at giving his son constructive crticisim? At least the white half that's holding his son back.

That's good parenting if you ask me.

Reaction Score
@Paesano - racism doesn't need to be an action. Racism is also a belief.

And racism is still a problem whether you want to believe it or not. I'm sure it's difficult to see why, with you being white, but it's kind of men trying to convince women rape is no longer a problem. It's a bad idea and it only confirms that you're a complete moron. There is a massive amount of data out there confirming that the judicial system is racially biased. There are also about 37+ million black people who can share a story or 20 about their experience dealing with racism.

Reaction Score
KO: "That's why I only played one."

247.gif
Three years ago or Mike Noyes?

TKs

Reaction Score
Foot speed wasn't a problem when UCLA beat Kentucky 97-92 in Lexington during regular season. Kentucky's freshman guard Fox who had 39 points & only 1 turnover vs UCLA freshman guard Ball 10 points & 4 turnovers is what did them in during sweet 16 game. The 3 white guys he is blaming scored almost the same amount of points in both games.

Reaction Score
Considering LaVar was pretty bad at basketball it's a good thing he picked his white wife to procreate with. We can thank Mrs. Ball for the basketball genetics it took to create Lonzo. Early on it was laughing with LaVar whereas now it just feels like laughing at the dumb guy. His kid should be a really good NBA player but LaVar's 5 minutes are about up.

C

Chief00

What are you babblin' about? This is objectively a racist statement. He used the color of people's skin to determine they'd be inferior. Textbook racism. Everything else you said is irrelevant
You dudes need to get past the labels and the name calling - those never enable progress.

Reaction Score
Foot speed wasn't a problem when UCLA beat Kentucky 97-92 in Lexington during regular season. Kentucky's freshman guard Fox who had 39 points & only 1 turnover vs UCLA freshman guard Ball 10 points & 4 turnovers is what did them in during sweet 16 game. The 3 white guys he is blaming scored almost the same amount of points in both games.

It's cuz them white bois couldn't get open bruh. They slow and hella goofy and can't hang wit these thoroughbreds bruh.

polycom

Reaction Score
You dudes need to get past the labels and the name calling - those never enable progress.

Chief what are you talking about? You're wrong it isn't about labels I'm not calling LaVar a racist. I'm saying what he said is racist they are different how hard is that to understand. This isn't a matter of opinion what he said is racist, I'm not entirely sure why you're defending his statement.

If an Asian father said this about black people or white people it'd be a racist statement. Why so dense?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah I'm pretty sure Lavar is multi-racial and the mom is white WTF

Reaction Score
No it isn't. It is prejudice based on a stereotype. If he was the head coach and only recruited black kids based on his prejudice, then it would be racist.

But, you know what, if people believe racism is still a problem, the last thing you want to do is squelch discussion of steteotypes, prejudices and racism. Let the man say what he believes and then you can say why you think he is wrong. Those discussions lead to understanding and enlightenment. Chief isn't wrong here, you guys are.

You're lost here, he's a dipsh*t and anyone who believes he's anything but a damn racist here, is totally lost in the shuffle.

Same guy who stopped Michelle Beadle from asking a question on ESPN because he already knew what she was going to ask, why? "...because you're white"

A total a**wipe who doesn't deserve any media attention.

Reaction Score
You're lost here, he's a dipsh*t and anyone who believes he's anything but a damn racist here, is totally lost in the shuffle.

Same guy who stopped Michelle Beadle from asking a question on ESPN because he already knew what she was going to ask, why? "...because you're white"

A total a**wipe who doesn't deserve any media attention.

The media can't get enough him. That's part of the problem.

C

Chief00

Make
Chief what are you talking about? You're wrong it isn't about labels I'm not calling LaVar a racist. I'm saying what he said is racist they are different how hard is that to understand. This isn't a matter of opinion what he said is racist, I'm not entirely sure why you're defending his statement.

If an Asian father said this about black people or white people it'd be a racist statement. Why so dense?

Make your arguments, stop the silly labels.

C

Chief00

Critical thinking isn't your strong suit Chief. Stick to postmortem confirmations of basketball news.
No your the dude that can't think critically because you never get past the labels that are out of date. So you think he is racist against whites because of a basketball observation - yet you ignored he is married every day to a white woman.
Still no one has responded to me by naming an NBA team with 3 whites in the starting lineup - which would represent the general population percentage of whites.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No it isn't. It is prejudice based on a stereotype. If he was the head coach and only recruited black kids based on his prejudice, then it would be racist. .

Here's a definition of racism per dictionary:

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. noun: racism
That's what he was doing. Here, let's take another very wrong and ignorant stereotype perpetrated by a dumber section of humanity and see if it's cool with you: Lonzo Ball took an I'll advised shot at the end of the game, instead of running the play as expected; they lost because black players aren't as smart as white players. If they had a white PG, he would have run the play.

You don't think that's ff__ked up?

Last edited:

polycom

Reaction Score
No your the dude that can't think critically because you never get past the labels that are out of date. So you think he is racist against whites because of a basketball observation - yet you ignored he is married every day to a white woman.
Still no one has responded to me by naming an NBA team with 3 whites in the starting lineup - which would represent the general population percentage of whites.

Chief who made you the authority on what is and what is not racist? Using the defense " I have a x race friend so I can't be racist" has been proven wrong time and time again. No one needs to find a starting lineup in the NBA you can use google yourself. You're being obtuse and avoiding the fact that what LaVar Ball said is racist.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
If there's no NBA lineups that have 3 white starters, that (big shock coming up) is also baseless... no one said they aren't putting these players in the lineup BECAUSE they're white, and THUS have less foot speed.

If they're white and not good enough to start, that's a non-racist reason. Why I and everyone else is still entertaining this argument is totally beyond me. But I guess that's why it's textbook trolling.

Then again, textbook racism has been denounced as incorrect, so I can assume this isn't trolling despite being identical to the definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom