OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Remember that time when LaVar Ball didn't say something stupid in the media? Yeah, me neither. Wow. I feel sorry for UCLA's coaching staff, their alumni, and their fans. They have the other two kids coming up for a few years. One is looking like a 2-3 star recruit. Dang. I feel bad for the high school coach that is coaching this dude's kids! You know if LaVar is like this on the national stage, he has to be a thousand times worst on the local stage.

Reaction Score
Did I say racism doesn't exist? Cut the crap with the intellectually dishonest strawman building. All I said was that I disagree with the use of the word "racist" in this case. And, for the record, I understand that there are textbook definitions that would support the use of that label in this case. I don't agree with those definitions. More on that later.

To me, the most important thing we can do is encourage dialog and debate. The best way to do that is to fight intellectual bullying where one group attempts to establish a high ground of some form (moral, intellectual and so on) from which they attempt to silence those who disagree with them.
Did I accuse you of saying racism doesn't exist? No, I didn't.

Here's what you said:
"But, you know what, if people believe racism is still a problem..."

which is another way of saying "racism is no longer a problem". You can't deny that.

to which I responded
"racism is still a problem whether you want to believe it or not"

Arguing that racism is no longer a problem is moronic. Admitting it exists, while arguing it's no longer a problem, is even worse. Because I'm sure the people effected by its existence would argue that it's still a problem.

Lastly,
Regarding your definition of racism, it's ironic that you want to encourage discussion but choose to make that much more difficult by refusing to accept the defined language.

Reaction Score
White players lack of foot speed/athleticism doesnt become an issue till the NBA. So yea he is pretty wrong about not being able to win an ncaa championship with 3 starting white players

C

Chief00

Did I accuse you of saying racism doesn't exist? No, I didn't.

Here's what you said:
"But, you know what, if people believe racism is still a problem..."

which is another way of saying "racism is no longer a problem". You can't deny that.

to which I responded
"racism is still a problem whether you want to believe it or not"

Arguing that racism is no longer a problem is moronic. Admitting it exists, while arguing it's no longer a problem, is even worse. Because I'm sure the people effected by its existence would argue that it's still a problem.

Lastly,
Regarding your definition of racism, it's ironic that you want to encourage discussion but choose to make that much more difficult by refusing to accept the defined language.

Racism is not a definition in language it's people treating someone really badly because of their race. I don't see evidence of that in LaVar. He thought the reason his son's team lost was because 3 white dudes were too slow. Mr. Enoch thought his son did not develop because of his son's African American coach. MAL was disappointed a white coach had left the school.

All these dudes may or may not be wrong, but I don't think any of them are racist.

Reaction Score
Racism is not a definition in language it's people treating someone really badly because of their race. I don't see evidence of that in LaVar. He thought the reason his son's team lost was because 3 white dudes were too slow. Mr. Enoch thought his son did not develop because of his son's African American coach. MAL was disappointed a white coach had left the school.

All these dudes may or may not be wrong, but I don't think any of them are racist.

Ok I'm not done - you really think those are great comparison's? C'mon be serious.:rolleyes:

C

Chief00

Ok I'm not done - you really think those are great comparison's? C'mon be serious.:rolleyes:

Do you think his wife would have married him if she thought he was a racist against whites?

Reaction Score
Do you think his wife would have married him if she thought he was a racist against whites?

Don't jump off the ridiculous comparison to prove your point - what does Steve Enoch and his dad leaving UConn have any thing to do with loud mouth spewing about 3 white guys being too slow so they can't win?

Beyond ridiculous, if you're going to try to prove you're right you need to be smarter than that rash of BS.

PS - Rappaport has it spot on!

....and this proves I'm not really good at "Next":eek:

Reaction Score
Yes his comment was racist and people say stupid racist things all the time. But what was really sad is that he is trying to blame the loss to UK on other members of the team when his son was the one that was a no show. His kid was exposed for being a terrible defender and not an emotional leader. Won't be surprised if the Lakers pass on him for another player.

Reaction Score
I can't believe ball peddles tshirts that are probably gildan quality for $50+... also the guy who reps lonzo is a family friend and this is his first athlete as an agent, wonder how thats going to end up?

Reaction Score
I can't believe ball peddles tshirts that are probably gildan quality for $50+... also the guy who reps lonzo is a family friend and this is his first athlete as an agent, wonder how thats going to end up?

None of this is going to end well. I mean, it may end up ok for the Balls via a reality TV Kardashian spinoff. But none of this is going to end well for the world.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
It's all good. The dude is giving his opinion - you don't need to agree.
I doubt it would be "all good" if a white parent made an equivalent racial slur.
The SJWs would already have surrounded the guy's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom