OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Leaf was at times better than Ball. I saw UCLA play in person 3 time, every time I thought Leaf played harder than Ball.

C

Chief00

Chief who made you the authority on what is and what is not racist? Using the defense " I have a x race friend so I can't be racist" has been proven wrong time and time again. No one needs to find a starting lineup in the NBA you can use google yourself. You're being obtuse and avoiding the fact that what LaVar Ball said is racist.
You guys are all caught up in this politically correct definitions and not actually experiencing a diverse life!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You guys are all caught up in this politically correct definitions and not actually experiencing a diverse life!

No ones doing that, in this thread, and based on the information you have. Why do u keep saying stuff that makes zero sense and portraying yourself as an authority?

Reaction Score
No your the dude that can't think critically because you never get past the labels that are out of date.

Question:

What's the "up to date" label for someone who alleges an entire race is inferior in one manner or another?

Also:

When did our society decide to retire "racist" due to it being "out of date"? Was it around the same time we stopped calling black people "colored" or was it more recently when the "afro-american" moniker was retired?

Lastly:

Your NBA analogy is most definitely a defense of what he said, despite the fact you pretend otherwise.

C

Chief00

Chief who made you the authority on what is and what is not racist? Using the defense " I have a x race friend so I can't be racist" has been proven wrong time and time again. No one needs to find a starting lineup in the NBA you can use google yourself. You're being obtuse and avoiding the fact that what LaVar Ball said is racist.
Genius - I referred to a white wife not a friend or acquitance. It's common sense if he married a white woman - he is not racist against whites - since that would be his wife. Instead you ignore the on the ground reality and search for word definitions to make you feel more secure in your make believe World.
Confirmed: Not very smart.

C

Chief00

Question:

What's the "up to date" label for someone who alleges an entire race is inferior in one manner or another?

Also:

When did our society decide to retire "racist" due to it being "out of date"? Was it around the same time we stopped calling black people "colored" or was it more recently when the "afro-american" moniker was retired?

Lastly:

Your NBA analogy is most definitely a defense of what he said, despite the fact you pretend otherwise.
Answer the NBA question?

C

Chief00

If there's no NBA lineups that have 3 white starters, that (big shock coming up) is also baseless... no one said they aren't putting these players in the lineup BECAUSE they're white, and THUS have less foot speed.

If they're white and not good enough to start, that's a non-racist reason. Why I and everyone else is still entertaining this argument is totally beyond me. But I guess that's why it's textbook trolling.

Then again, textbook racism has been denounced as incorrect, so I can assume this isn't trolling despite being identical to the definition.
You just contradicted yourself throughout the thread and your brillant buddy liked it.
You still aren't giving a coherent answer on my NBA question.

Reaction Score
It's common sense if he married a white woman - he is not racist against whites - since that would be his wife.

I don't give a ___ about Lavar Ball or his comment and I think that white people getting their panties in a wad about his statement is more funny than anything else but this statement from you really bums me out. It's sort of like the alt right dudes who say "Well, I just beat off to a picture of Lola Monroe so I can't be racist."

Bigger picture though, Lavar Ball says outlandish things. That's his brand. People are going to outrage themselves to death if they react to every dumb thing he says.

Reaction Score
Answer the NBA question?
No, the teams are not racist because there aren't many/any teams starting 3 white guys. Here's why:

As of last year "The NBA has one African-American president in the Los Angeles Clippers’ Doc Rivers, two African-American GMs in the New Orleans Pelicans’ Dell Demps and the New York Knicks’ Steve Mills, and one native African GM in the Toronto Raptors’ Masai Ujiri, who is Nigerian."

The distressing lack of black leadership in the NBA

The league is 70% black. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say the GMs, 90% of whom are white, aren't racist against whites, and aren't keeping whites out of the league, or out of the starting lineup, based on their skin color.

Your turn:
What's the "up to date" label for someone who thinks an entire race is inferior in one manner or another?
When did "racist" become out of date for someone who thinks an entire race is inferior in one manner or another?

Reaction Score
I don't give a ___ about Lavar Ball or his comment and I think that white people getting their panties in a wad about his statement is more funny than anything else but this statement from you really bums me out. It's sort of like the alt right dudes who say "Well, I just beat off to a picture of Lola Monroe so I can't be racist."

Bigger picture though, Lavar Ball says outlandish things. That's his brand. People are going to outrage themselves to death if they react to every dumb thing he says.

I find Lavar funny. Would like to hang out with him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Totally agree with all of that. And for the record, my post wasn't posted in outrage, merely a devil's advocate. Although I can see how it might have come off as the former.

White people are super uptight no doubt. Actually, to the detriment of the true racial problems in our society. The real message gets lost in all the noise.

And I do think Lavar Ball knows exactly what he's doing with this quote. Guy is an absolute master at keeping his and his sons' names in the media. A master.

Reaction Score
Disregarding the racial angle, it is not cool for a father of a player to publicly throw his sons teammates under the bus and blame them for a loss for any reason. If Oriakhi Sr or Vance Sr did that this board would light up like a Christmas tree. FWIW, and probably not much, both Vitale and Seth Greenburg went off on LaVar yesterday on Twitter over this. Regardless what you might think of those two, it is not just a group of anonymous message board people that have a problem with his comments. Even the fetching Taylor Rooks had a problem with what he said. His act tired and all this is just an excuse for his son getting taken to the woodshed by Fox who hung 39 on UCLA.

C

Chief00

No, the teams are not racist because there aren't many/any teams starting 3 white guys. Here's why:

As of last year "The NBA has one African-American president in the Los Angeles Clippers’ Doc Rivers, two African-American GMs in the New Orleans Pelicans’ Dell Demps and the New York Knicks’ Steve Mills, and one native African GM in the Toronto Raptors’ Masai Ujiri, who is Nigerian."

The distressing lack of black leadership in the NBA

The league is 70% black. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say the GMs, 90% of whom are white, aren't racist against whites, and aren't keeping whites out of the league, or out of the starting lineup, based on their skin color.

Your turn:
What's the "up to date" label for someone who thinks an entire race is inferior in one manner or another?
When did "racist" become out of date for someone who thinks an entire race is inferior in one manner or another?

You went off on straw man tangent. My point was maybe the dude had a point since there are no teams playing with 3 white guys starting in the NBA. So maybe UCLA was the anomaly and the observation wasn't as out of line as some implied.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” LaVar Ball said. “I told Lonzo - ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.’ It turned out the that was the one game. Then once they get to the Elite 8, they’re right there.”

How ironic. Jimmy the Greek was reincarnated as a black man.

Reaction Score
Again Duke National Champs...Scheyer, Singler, multiple Plumlees. Not an anomaly. What in the blue hell does UCLA losing have to do with the NBA? Apples and oranges.

C

Chief00

Actions should speak louder than words - is my view.

Reaction Score
Genius - I referred to a white wife not a friend or acquitance. It's common sense if he married a white woman - he is not racist against whites - since that would be his wife. Instead you ignore the on the ground reality and search for word definitions to make you feel more secure in your make believe World.
Confirmed: Not very smart.
Wow, just wow.

C

Chief00

Disregarding the racial angle, it is not cool for a father of a player to publicly throw his sons teammates under the bus and blame them for a loss for any reason. If Oriakhi Sr or Vance Sr did that this board would light up like a Christmas tree. FWIW, and probably not much, both Vitale and Seth Greenburg went off on LaVar yesterday on Twitter over this. Regardless what you might think of those two, it is not just a group of anonymous message board people that have a problem with his comments. Even the fetching Taylor Rooks had a problem with what he said. His act tired and all this is just an excuse for his son getting taken to the woodshed by Fox who hung 39 on UCLA.
Don't disagree about throwing son's teammates under the bus.

C

Chief00

Heading out for the night - back to recruiting - LaVarr, you are on your own now.

Reaction Score
You went off on straw man tangent. My point was maybe the dude had a point since there are no teams playing with 3 white guys starting in the NBA. So maybe UCLA was the anomaly and the observation wasn't as out of line as some implied.
Clown00-

That was your strawman tangent, and it was easily blown over with a little logic.

At least you've admitted that you were defending his comment (despite originally claiming you weren't).

I'm not even upset about what he said, but it is by definition, racist.

You're just incapable of not making yourself look like a moron on a daily basis.

I answered your question, answer mine:

When did the term "racist" become an "out of date" label, and what is the "up to date" name for someone who believes in the inferiority of a race in a certain aspect?

There are a number of reasons why blacks are the majority in the NBA, the reason isn't simply because they are black.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Chief00 is correct that it is Balls fathers opinion and he is entitled to it. But being stupid,arrogant and just plain screwed up is not the best way to live your life kinda like Michael Moore.

Reaction Score
They know if they ask this guy a question, he will say something stupid. So they keep asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom