OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II | The Boneyard

OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” LaVar Ball said. “I told Lonzo - ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.’ It turned out the that was the one game. Then once they get to the Elite 8, they’re right there.”

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 6.31.01 PM.png

Reaction Score

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” LaVar Ball said. “I told Lonzo - ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.’ It turned out the that was the one game. Then once they get to the Elite 8, they’re right there.”

View attachment 21525

Its better to be silent and have ppl think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and confirm it...

Reaction Score

View attachment 21525

KO: "That's why I only played one."

247.gif

Reaction Score

View attachment 21525

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Lonzo half white & black? His mother is white. And LaVar is black. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I'm not sure what LaVar is saying here. Seems odd to me. Don't be insulting Momma, LaVar! LOL

C

Chief00

View attachment 21525

It's all good. The dude is giving his opinion - you don't need to agree.

Reaction Score
Lonzo's white half plays defense, tho. It's the brother in him that gets to run the O.

Lavar comments about how he picked his wife because they would make great, athletic babies. If he was a little smarter, he would have planned to make a fully rounded player by marrying a black chick.

C

Chief00

Its not just an opinion. Its racist....Its not even about not "agreeing" smh
I am not defending this dude but I don't know why today we have to call everything we disagree with racist or sexist. If you think it's stupid - just say it.
I will ask one related question - How many teams in the NBA start 3 white dudes? Are all these teams that don't start 3 whites dudes racist by your definition?

Reaction Score
How many NBA teams blame losing on their white players? BTW, Duke won it all with Scheyer, Singler and like 9 Plumlees so he not just racist, he is stupid and dead wrong. Just another excuse why his chosen one son failed. TJ Leaf was their second best player and he is part of the problem? Gimme a break. Wish Alford told him to stuff it but he won't and we all know why.

Reaction Score
I feel like he's taking media relations advice from an executive at TLC. Looking to get that reality show gold. Coming this fall "Big Balls' or more likely after this comment "Ball in the Family."

Reaction Score
I feel like he's taking media relations advice from an executive at TLC. Looking to get that reality show gold. Coming this fall "Big Balls' or more likely after this comment "Ball in the Family."

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
There are still some folks down in Argentina who got started by thinking like that.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I am not defending this dude but I don't know why today we have to call everything we disagree with racist or sexist. If you think it's stupid - just say it.
I will ask one related question - How many teams in the NBA start 3 white dudes? Are all these teams that don't start 3 whites dudes racist by your definition?

What are you babblin' about? This is objectively a racist statement. He used the color of people's skin to determine they'd be inferior. Textbook racism. Everything else you said is irrelevant

Reaction Score
What are you babblin' about? This is objectively a racist statement. He used the color of people's skin to determine they'd be inferior. Textbook racism. Everything else you said is irrelevant
No it isn't. It is prejudice based on a stereotype. If he was the head coach and only recruited black kids based on his prejudice, then it would be racist.

But, you know what, if people believe racism is still a problem, the last thing you want to do is squelch discussion of steteotypes, prejudices and racism. Let the man say what he believes and then you can say why you think he is wrong. Those discussions lead to understanding and enlightenment. Chief isn't wrong here, you guys are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom